What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 26 vs Cronulla @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 26: Newcastle v Cronulla

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
I hope he rests one more, Clune is good, he can come back against Saints with hopefully no pressure on result

Yosh

Coach
To think there would be a day that I would be sad that Fitzy didn't make the team sheet. His attacking side of the game has been impressive but it is dwarfed by this defensive contributions. Not just the effort in defense but he has saved maybe 5 or so tries in the past few weeks. Hopefully he makes it back next week and gets to play many games in our finals run before he heads off to England.

Apey

Staff member
Moylan's defense is terrible. Hopefully we shred his side to shreds~
Yep. Fitz is a big loss but if we're smart and run traffic at Moylan, we will score tries through him. Hopeless defender.

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah…started the week pretty confident but not confident now. Fitz and Mann will actually be huge losses (Hastings hurts too obviously) - they’ve been enormous defensively.

Can’t believe we’re living in a world where Fitz and Mann have become so valuable to the side.

Tbh I would have almost preferred Hynes to play so we can see where we’re at.

Yosh

Coach
So who will fill in for Crossland at Hooker? Crossland can't handle the full game.
He has been pretty good at playing the 80 minutes recently. I think Elliot will fill in for 10 to 15 minutes but don't think we will bring in a 14 to cover for Crossland specifically.

I think it'll depend on the possession stats. If we have over 55%, I think Crossland will play the whole 80 but if we get below that surely AOB will give him a spell.

Rod

Bench
That would make sense if Elliott has it in him, I thought he was off the field for too long last week.

In fact it got a bit lost in the good vibes but our whole bench rotation last week was a bit odd, we barely saw Croker either.

Yosh

Coach
I think AOB specifically reserves one player to come on for the last 15 minutes of every game. Used to see Jones used in that role and now it looks like it's Croker's role.

I don't have any data to back up my next observation but I feel like in the last couple of weeks we always start every game strong with very little errors and dominate the game. Then around 25 to 30 minutes Elliot starts to make an errors or two and momentum starts to shift and we let the other team back into the game. Either Elliot needs a kick up the bum or we need to see him subbed around the 30 minute mark.