What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Canterbury @ Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore

Who will win? Round 3: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
performance was better but I think this game could be the start of a clean out we need. If Daino must come back in next week I’d like to see

1. Laurie
2. Kenny
3. Naden
4. Talau
5. Staines
6. Brooks
7. Wakeham

14 Douehi

a few of these blokes would be on last chance as well. I’d be looking at a big powerful fullback for next season as well as a playmaker. I think Laurie, Nofo, Douehi & Brooks should all be told to look for other clubs in order to bring these two players in. Our pack is starting to come together more, once we can sort halves for the back towers to run off and Bateman and Api get some match fitness we will be competitive in that department.
The 1 6 & 14 should not b anywhere near the nrl team ever again.They r pathetic & I expect neither 1 of the impostors to b with the club in ‘24.It’s time for the senile sheenius to display some cahoonas & street smarts & start picking competent people especially in the 3 spine positions that these 3 knuckleheads have been fkg us in.It’s still early enough in season for us to deliver on the std of footy that resuscitates the season & that resembles a footy team that gives us suckers who support these pricks some hope for the future.
Also I would get Bateman to do a snow job on his pommy mate George Williams to entice him to Concord.

The 1 6 & 14 should not b anywhere near the nrl team ever again.They r pathetic & I expect neither 1 of the impostors to b with the club in ‘24.It’s time for the senile sheenius to display some cahoonas & street smarts & start picking competent people especially in the 3 spine positions that these 3 knuckleheads have been fkg us in.It’s still early enough in season for us to deliver on the std of footy that resuscitates the season & that resembles a footy team that gives us suckers who support these pricks some hope for the future.
Also I would get Bateman to do a snow job on his pommy mate George Williams to entice him to Concord.

I’m not sure we have depth.

But the more games we lose, the greater the opportunities for fringe players to be given a chance and prove competence.

The club asked us all to buy into the new coaching regime with the hope that players would improve.

I’m not sure about anyone else, but I think we are only seeing a few improvements with most players in equal or in negative territory.

Still far too many mistakes and unforced errors.

I don’t think we have options beyond those 3. I could go Staines at 1 and play Tupou on the wing. Ideally all 3 should look for another club. Laurie needs to either move to 6 or find another career.

Just some thoughts:

Tim really needs to focus on ball control. Basics.

We need a full day of passing and catching every week.

Seibs would probably lather the leather in soap and conditioner and keep practicing.

His philosophy is to replicate the game day conditions and make it harder still, so apart from the defence, the actual game day conditions are easier than training.

Then of course, his famous 120 minutes of footy real time game training, so the muscle memory and body leaves plenty in the tank for late in the game.

I was pleasantly surprised we put that last 15 minutes in, until we couldn’t handle it.

But I’m over our completion rate and lack of respect for the ball. And not comfy at all with our attack close to their line.

If we could cut our errors down to an absolute minimum, we’d be semi competitive. That’s the frustrating thing. That’s coaching.

I think mentally, we are better than last year. Not a huge hill to climb I guess.

Doogie will hang onto a spot in the side by his fingernails. That’s how we roll. Maybe fullback.

I think it’s over for Laurie and Nofo. I want Brooksy gone, but no chance of that while his heart still beats.

if we go 0-6, I’m having to wonder what Tim is doing and what are we paying him for.

Once the season escapes, we often see players lose the confidence and all bets are off. Then it’s the likes of Reilly and maybe Scolari rubbing their paws quietly.

Any one of us here could lose 6 in a row with relative ease. All the spin in the world can’t change that.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m not sure what sheens was so angry about in the presser ..of course the loss but that he took so long to put wakeham on untill it was too late? (and part embarrasment) a glaring fkup surely and for a coach as dumb a decision as some of AD’s on the field..they trained together all week Brooks and wakeham..and AD hasn’t been that great before..I can only put it down to sheens being scared of AD throwing a tantrum..gen z’s are a new challenge for sheens..It’s a 2 point error that was so avoidable and we know what that can mean at the end of a season..

AD, Laurie and Brooks are additional players to a side, they make up the numbers, at no time should they be leading the side via being members of the spine, as its quite clear from past results ,they just don't have it.

Rugby league legend James Graham has a shone a light on one of the Wests Tigers’ biggest attacking issues.

There was a lot of positivity around the club heading into this season. Between a new coaching staff and marquee recruits, it seemed like the Tigers were finally heading in the right direction.

A dominant win over the Raiders in a trial gave fans hope, but the Tigers have since lost their first three games of the season.

Their latest — to the Bulldogs last Sunday — would have been especially frustrating for coach Tim Sheens given a spine shake-up in the final half an hour saw the Tigers score three tries in four minutes to finish just four points off the Dogs.

Speaking on Triple M, Graham credited the Tigers for their fightback, but said before that “they were just not in the game.”

He also pinpointed a moment that exposed a real issue in the Tigers’ attack, where superstar recruit Api Koroisau tried to create but had no back-up to work with — ultimately making the three-time premiership-winner “look bad.”

An interesting and fair assessment.
What is interesting is the latest 'talk' about AD playing fullback, but I couldn't see him supporting a line break like we saw in the Staines try. AD is too slow, interesting also that at the time, Staines was moved to the wing. IMO only Staines and Laurie have the ability and awareness to sniff around the ruck and run off API's or someone's shoulder. There should also be forwards moving forward with the expectation of Api making a break.

So why move AD to fullback? Surely not simply because they recognise him as a 1st grader.

WA Tiger

Bench
And when AD’s the last Line of defence, and and he pulls out his shoulder charge bounce off thingy tackle.
AD needs to be at centre if anywhere. His lack of speed and defence is less critical there

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
And when he’s the last Line of defence, and and he pulls out his shoulder charge bounce off thingy tackle.
AD needs to be at centre if anywhere. His lack of speed and defence is less critical there

Unless it's tryline D, the FB is out of the defensive line.

You want a more capable defender at centre.

WA Tiger

Bench
Unless it's tryline D, the FB is out of the defensive line.

You want a more capable defender at centre.
I was thinking of the big boppers coming at him..At least his speed would be less critical at centre ..and his cut out pass proved useful during his last stint there.... AD would raise the IQ somewhat at centre too, which wouldn’t hurt..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks is a 6. A capable 7 running the show and he might be different.

Wakeham is the only option at 7. There is absolutely nothing else in the top 30.
And Brooks will play at 6 but as mentioned earlier on, the remaining problem is he still has to pass and catch balls accurately..can that still be the difference between winning and losing? let’s see on Friday
But yea I like your call on it would be far from 0 and 3 with wakeham in
Might see sheens in the coaching chair this game ..He’s starting to feel the heat!! Fk he’d be a pain to be around at the moment..Benji wouldn’t be liking coming to work much with that angry man around..

Wakeham could free up the whole team

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
And when AD’s the last Line of defence, and and he pulls out his shoulder charge bounce off thingy tackle.
Centre is probably the hardest position to play as a defender, if you’re a poor defender it’s the place where you’ll get found out.

Pezz70

Juniors
And Brooks will play at 6 but as mentioned earlier on, the remaining problem is he still has to pass and catch balls accurately..can that still be the difference between winning and losing? let’s see on Friday
But yea I like your call on it would be far from 0 and 3 with wakeham in
Might see sheens in the coaching chair this game ..He’s starting to feel the heat!! Fk he’d be a pain to be around at the moment..Benji wouldn’t be liking coming to work much with that angry man around..

Wakeham could free up the whole team
What they need to free up the team is some sort of executable game plan. The way they have been playing is terrible, the attack in the oppositions half has been diabolical, unimaginative, flat optionless rabble. They need to work on half a dozen set plays, and the plan to get to those plays. That doesn’t mean you don’t take opportunities when they pop up, but it means that for 80-90% of your footy every single player on the teams knows what’s happening.

Maybe Wakeham can steer the ship, last weeks game was a bad game to evaluate his footy off, the dogs had clocked off late in the game, but I’ve seen him play a few decent games in the past.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
What they need to free up the team is some sort of executable game plan. The way they have been playing is terrible, the attack in the oppositions half has been diabolical, unimaginative, flat optionless rabble. They need to work on half a dozen set plays, and the plan to get to those plays. That doesn’t mean you don’t take opportunities when they pop up, but it means that for 80-90% of your footy every single player on the teams knows what’s happening.

Maybe Wakeham can steer the ship, last weeks game was a bad game to evaluate his footy off, the dogs had clocked off late in the game, but I’ve seen him play a few decent games in the past.
I know it’s easy to fob that last 20 as a fluke or whatever but if Brando can keep running direct with no fear and continue being hungry for action and brooks can follow …I think the boys will have a hop in their step this week after that (I’m sick of spelling wskehsm wrong all the time)

WA Tiger

Bench
Centre is probably the hardest position to play as a defender, if you’re a poor defender it’s the place where you’ll get found out.
But centre isn’t the last line of defence generally. If they are on our tryline for a centre then try’s can tend to be caused by going for the wrong guy…or coming out of the line too early ..hopefully AD’s too slow for that ..or has the brains to stay in the line and on his man ..

For you and “big hit” or whatever his name is ..If the opposition make a break and AD is at fullback and is the last line of defence ie there’s AD then the try line, it’s goodnight nurse esp if it’s a forward running at him. Or their big winger

AD does bring stuff to fullback. He doesn’t drop the ball…Hes a ball playing fullback. He can pull some nice in goal kicks out if his arse esp now he’s not 6? Hopefully it’s enough and it’s not another blunder from sheens ..

After the Blunder? of resigning him

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Because it's a Sheenious idea to play people in their second position ... just because.
Can I add.. Teflon is a champion of weakening one position to try strengthen another .
For the younger bridgade here that aren't familiar with the Fonz coaching ethics get used to 2 years of wacky Wednesday team releases , and if his mentorship is perfect we get another 5 years with Chachi Marshall.
An amazing total of 7 years of crazy zanny happydayz at WorstTigers . 🤡🤡

Latest posts