What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Canterbury @ Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore

Who will win? Round 3: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm not actually as filthy as I was last week from that game. My motto in life is always to be positive if you can find a constructive solution from failure.

Those last 20 minutes when Wakeham came on completely changed everything. Removing Doeuihi from the playmaking decisions and forcing Brooks to just run the ball improved our attack almost immediately. Api and Wakeham seemed to gel quite well, whereas I'm not seeing that from Brooks or AD. Even after the shift in FB, I still think Staines performed better than AD. He's not a world beater but he was very safe and wasn't afraid to take a dirty hit up.

If we don't run out with Staines/Brookes/Wakeham/Api as out starting spine then we clearly aren't learning anything

WA Tiger

Bench
In the famous words of the wizardman ..I hate to say it but I told you so …0 and 2 and a full half+ before wakeham is put into half back…I wondered how they would bring him on but I was sure it would be too late..It didn’t need to be 0 and 3 …
I mean Fk I’ve never played the game, Sheens has how many premierships, Benji how many try assists and it’s 0 and 3 before they finally get it..It’s a bit of a worry.
Whats sure is AD is out of here next year unless he pulls something out of his arse at centre

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Wakeham picks himself...Douehi wouldn't want to whinge for a second at being moved to centre and he'd be fortunate to even get that...personally I think he's more of a liability at the moment....also about time Nofo was hooked. I'll go against the hurricane and say it's possible that Wakeham and Api could finally unlock Brooks...as he showed he obviously has the ability. ..it's just....aghh..never mind..maybe ?!

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
At least AD has a cut out pass that may be useful at centre and some run and pass ability. He may only play centre to cover injuries and then make something of it..but he’s got no use at fullback..
Your right Brooks still has to catch and pass the ball at 6

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
You’re the gronk who said Bateman wouldn’t play until after Anzac Day.

You try playing outside Brooksy and see what it does to your game buster.

I never said Doogie was Gods gift. I said he was factory.
I was joking about Bateman you clown, that was surely obvious?
You have defended Doueihi to the moon and back, promising that he will lead us to glory and having a crack at me whenever he mustered a 7/10 game.
I have consistently maintained my opinion ever since he first got here. The guy is not good enough in any position to be a starter in the NRL. His best position is bench but I think he should go back to KOE and learn the game some more.

Wizardman

First Grade
You have defended Doueihi to the moon and back, promising that he will lead us to glory and having a crack at me whenever he mustered a 7/10 game.
I have consistently maintained my opinion ever since he first got here. The guy is not good enough in any position to be a starter in the NRL. His best position is bench but I think he should go back to KOE and learn the game some more.
I agree with you regarding Doueihi. Someone on here (Phil Gould I think) posted a great comment .....because our support cast are a bit better than in the past, our halves look more shit than they normally do. Doueihi has looked the worst of them.
I agree that he is not a first grader
*Way too slow for fullback and has the turning circle of the Titanic.
*Too defensively shit for centre.
*Not a playmaker.
*Don't dare try him at lock....will weaken our defence unneccessarily.

There is a reason why he took the short contract extension with us.

A good halves pairing may......and my goodness I say "may".......have got a few games out of the fire this season for us.

Nah..

You’re one of the biggest Monday morning critics on the site.

A couple of us stuck our necks out this week and said it wouldn’t be the walkover, I didn’t see your lordship amongst the coalition of the willing!

And if I recall your reception of young Wakeham was tepid at best.

Brooksy makes a run or two in four years and all of a sudden he’s Clive Churchill. Not for me.

At any rate, i saw enough in the last 15 minutes to suggest Tim is starting to wake up out of his coma. Enough to save the cutlery for the moment.

Strange conditions, but the players had a go, good sign.

Sound reserve grade effort.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Bateman needs a long stint at 13. Having him in the middle of the field acting like a complete lunatic is what we need to fire up the boys. Blore and Kepoa have put in valiant efforts so they need to stay in the 17. Next week:

1. Staines
2. Tupou
3. Doeuihi
4. Naden
5. Mamaulo
6. Brooks
7. Wakeham
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Stefano
11. Blore
12. Papali'i
13. Bateman

14. Twal
15. Joffa
16. Pole
17. Kepoaoa

Apart from Nofo, give them all one more crack with these positions and see how it sticks. Realistically we were always going to struggle first 4-5 rounds until we had the right formula

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok since we are looking at who predicted correctly, a practice I’m sure rather frowned upon by some..o rather …..I say credit where credits due 1/ Tiger m did pick wakeham before anyone else.. at least he said it on this forum first and 2/ STP, and I honestly have no idea how, but he picked Siebold as a good bet as coach . So there that’s done.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Nah..

You’re one of the biggest Monday morning critics on the site.

A couple of us stuck our necks out this week and said it wouldn’t be the walkover, I didn’t see your lordship amongst the coalition of the willing!

And if I recall your reception of young Wakeham was tepid at best.

Brooksy makes a run or two in four years and all of a sudden he’s Clive Churchill. Not for me.

At any rate, i saw enough in the last 15 minutes to suggest Tim is starting to wake up out of his coma. Enough to save the cutlery for the moment.

Strange conditions, but the players had a go, good sign.

Sound reserve grade effort.
I barely post on this site anymore.
Anyway stop deflecting. You’ve been carrying on about AD for years. You have not been alone either. Others on here have told me many times I’m wrong about him but I’ve always stuck solid. Nothing ‘Monday morning’ about it.
Both our halves are ratshit at best.
They both have to go and I have no doubt, that once we manage to f**k them off, their careers in Australia will end.
I am still tepid on Wakeham. He is starting out but is at reserve grade level currently. He went well today for 15 minutes. Let’s see him do 80.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Wakeham worked well with Api against a tired and heat affected defence.
He did look like a confident and natural and well drilled half tho…which we need …just the manner of that little pass to brooks that set him off for the try? I think it was - slick..also his passes were sticking and not all easy. He looked hungry for the ball too, when it was on for his side, for the last 3-5 minutes... Api just didn’t go to him at the end. He kept going to Brooks. Give him time he will be take more control in tight moments and make the right decisions on the spot, as he did today, unlike the other 2 who are always preprogrammed......He’s not terribly fast.

Last edited:
I agree with you regarding Doueihi. Someone on here (Phil Gould I think) posted a great comment .....because our support cast are a bit better than in the past, our halves look more shit than they normally do. Doueihi has looked the worst of them.
I agree that he is not a first grader
*Way too slow for fullback and has the turning circle of the Titanic.
*Too defensively shit for centre.
*Not a playmaker.
*Don't dare try him at lock....will weaken our defence unneccessarily.

There is a reason why he took the short contract extension with us.

A good halves pairing may......and my goodness I say "may".......have got a few games out of the fire this season for us.
Eddie Jones can have.

Latest posts