What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Dolphins @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 3: Newcastle v Dolphins

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Thought Jones did nothing also. Lucas looks small for a edge backrower but offered something instead of Jones' nothing.

We need to get our regular forwards back asap!
Yep, very fair call. 4 runs for 30 metres is pitiful for any forward.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hastings being gone the last 10 probably hurt us. He would have been the one steering us around. If we didn't lose Ponga the last 10 in the first game and didn't lose Hastings the last 10 today, maybe we would be 3-0?
Target the playmaker in a close game in the final 10. Not saying this was the case (especially with KP) but I wouldn’t put it past some players.

Burwood

Bench
Is it too early to make the call that Young is “Uate 2.0”? God he has a lot of errors in his game.

Thought Hunt bounced back well after two ordinary games to start the season. Hope he continues to build back to his form before injuries.

perverse

Referee
Is it too early to make the call that Young is “Uate 2.0”? God he has a lot of errors in his game.

Thought Hunt bounced back well after two ordinary games to start the season. Hope he continues to build back to his form before injuries.
Young has a long way to go in his career before he's fit to shine Akus boots.

PhilGould

Bench
From the presser AOB said Brailey is the only one he's confident of getting back next week and that DSaf will need scans but didn't look good. Said with the longer turnaround and 2 open roster spots they may need to look to bring another middle forward in.

aqua_duck

Coach
From the presser AOB said Brailey is the only one he's confident of getting back next week and that DSaf will need scans but didn't look good. Said with the longer turnaround and 2 open roster spots they may need to look to bring another middle forward in.
I mean I think a lot of us could see from the outside we were thin in that area, I can’t for the life of me understand how AOB constantly neglects forward depth, part of me thinks he does it on purpose so it gives him a built in excuse

Haffa

I mean I think a lot of us could see from the outside we were thin in that area, I can’t for the life of me understand how AOB constantly neglects forward depth, part of me thinks he does it on purpose so it gives him a built in excuse
He doesn’t know how to build a squad. He can’t attract depth. The players coming through are all undersized.

but you know you can’t say he’s out of his depth without selecting a replacement apparently. So throw a few Pokie proceeds on getting Bellamy to rebuild the joint.

Spot On

Coach

Uate was full of errors but I think Young’s performance tonight was next level shit.

Looked like he’s checked out already.

Burwood

Bench
Really loving the variety of kicks from Miller for the dropouts. The union background is really showing. And drilling the restart over the sideline was also clever- never understood why it doesn’t happen more often as it’s nearly impossible to stop when executed properly.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think Young is putting in effort but his heart isn’t in it at all.

If/when Ponga comes back I can’t see how we can leave Gamble out of the 17 with his efforts so far.

Yosh

Coach
Don't want to jinx it but how good have our centres been. Both Gagai and Best. Not perfect but really making an impact with the ball in hand. Defense hasn't been an issue either. Both really carrying the ball strong and have been threats with their running games.

Also, Crossland does make some weird decisions and bad passes but he made the most tackles of any player tonight with 50 and didn't miss any. That's pretty impressive for a makeshift starting hooker.

Jono078

Referee
Don't want to jinx it but how good have our centres been. Both Gagai and Best. Not perfect but really making an impact with the ball in hand. Defense hasn't been an issue either. Both really carrying the ball strong and have been threats with their running games.
I wanted to comment this as well.

I think Best is looking in best physical shape since he got into firsts. It's like it's all starting to click for him, which is great. We just need to continue to find ways to get him quality ball, but he looks like he's very ready to breakout.

Gagai has also been strong in the first 2 games, looking way better than how he finished last season. In saying that he needs to keep it up, because he started last season strong and fell off badly.

Latest posts