What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 3
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Friday 29 March 2019

Gates 3:30pm / Flegg 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

TL-CAN19.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Josh Papalii 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. John Bateman 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Ryan Sutton
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Hudson Young 16. Iosia Soliola 17. Corey Horsburgh 18. Sam Williams 19. Jj Collins 20. Bailey Simonsson 21. Jack Murchie

TL-NEW19.png

1. Connor Watson 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Kalyn Ponga 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Danny Levi 10. James Gavet 12. Sione Mata'utia 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Kurt Mann 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Mitchell Barnett 17. Herman Ese'ese 18. Josh King 19. Mason Lino 20. Jamie Buhrer 21. Brodie Jones

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Jon Stone, Tim Roby
Sideline Officials: Liam Nicholls, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Raiders feeder clubs: Mounties (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup); Canberra Raiders (NSWRL: U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Knights feeder clubs: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Draws available at http://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​

Last edited by a moderator:

Burns

First Grade
Going to the game as a good old local. Was a great contingent of Novacastrians last year, was good fun

ryan.a87

Juniors
Fox sports claiming Watson in doubt with knee injury (he did look like he was struggling on Saturday) with Ponga to play at fullback

im guessing this means Mann or Lino to no.6?.....or maybe Burher?

Squad v Raiders:

1. Connor Watson
2. Edrick Lee
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Jesse Ramien
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Danny Levi
10. James Gavet
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Sione Mata'utia
13. Tim Glasby

Interchange:

14. Kurt Mann
15. Aidan Guerra
16. Mitch Barnett
17. Herman Ese'ese

18. Josh King
19. Mason Lino
20. Jamie Buhrer
21. Brodie Jones

Yosh

Coach
Mann has looked pretty decent the last two games. If he gets the gig at fullback, do we see Woolford in the 14?

mozza91

Coach
Would like to see if Levi has 80 minutes in him. Mann has done a fine job coming off the bench but we don’t look quite as slick in attack for that period.

PhilGould

Bench
Watson set to be ruled out with Mann replacing him at fullback. Buhrer likely to take Mann's bench spot, though Lino is a chance.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mann won’t let us down. Quite interested to see how he goes at the back. Has the skill set and pace to do well.
As long as he is safe, I’ll be happy. That is one thing that has let Watson down in the opening games.

Spot On

Coach
I know this is a forced change due to injury but I find it difficult to see how we can carry Watson if he really isn't up to scratch at 5/8 or fullback.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I know this is a forced change due to injury but I find it difficult to see how we can carry Watson if he really isn't up to scratch at 5/8 or fullback.
the disallowed Sharks try was a worry. Watson didnt go for the ball, he didnt attempt a tackle as such , it was more like a half attempt at a shoulder charge that completely missed. It made me think he was scared of contact. The lack of urgency which led to the Panthers ( bat back ) try on the weekend left me a bit frustrated.

Only his second game after a long layoff though so hopefully he can get his shit togther soon.

Knight76

Juniors
Would like to see if Levi has 80 minutes in him. Mann has done a fine job coming off the bench but we don’t look quite as slick in attack for that period.

In the past when we have asked him to do long stints he was in a team getting pumped each week and on the back foot in defence most of the game.

I'd like to see how Levi would go now also, given an 80 minute game, and with the team now able to get in to the arm wrestle with sets and not spend most of the game running up and back in defence.

Latest posts