What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Melbourne @ AAMI Park, Melbourne

Who will win? Round 4: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brooks has nothing.

He can’t lead, he’s slow, he’s predictable, his kicks are rubbish, he crabs, he dies with the ball and he gets continually outplayed by rookies.

He makes the odd tackle.

He tried three times to get out of his contract with us last year. So he’s no longer loyal.

All we have to do is look at how many games we’ve lost when he’s played, no matter who we ask him to play with, no matter who we play.

He jags a basic good game once in a blue moon.

I don’t accept he’s worth $1.1m. He’s worth half that maybe.

That said, he’s far from the only staff member and player underachieving, we have a board who are seriously hopeless. The rot goes right through the place.

You look at the top halves in the game and he’s nowhere near their skill, consistency and talent.

Tim has backed him and put a lot of effort into him and hes failed miserably.

He will never “come good”

Its best he goes in peace and takes our masters with him.

Nothing personal, I want what’s best for all of us.

Teflon still thinks it’s 2012 and Brooks is a rookie

Apparently.

I think Tim should try another halves combo.

Api was saying we haven’t set up good combos properly a few weeks ago.

If the new blood fails miserably, then I can understand bringing him back.

Taking Benji on face value, probably no one knows Brooksys game better than him and if he can’t get Brooksy up to speed, I’m not sure who else can.

But I can’t wait for Brooks to come good, it’s not going to happen. There’s no miracle on the horizon.

If we don’t mix it up we are going to continue to “almost get there”

And we will hence “die” wondering this season.

I know it’s early days, but I think this season is gone.

I’d also like Tim to reach out and get his program peer reviewed by a trusted coach colleague. Just do it privately so he can see what he’s missing. Whatever the reason, sensible to bounce it off a learned buddy.

It also might be a good thing for the stress and disappointment he’s experiencing.

Share the load.

It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. We all make mistakes. Human frailty. But reach out to improve.

Last edited:
The other problem is that Benji is supposed to be an apprentice, but so far, I guess he’s learning what not to do.

His appointment was built on the basis that Tim would build the side and we’d see better footy. But that’s not going the way as expected.

If Tim fails for two years, the foundation for Benjis appointment is looking very shaky indeed.

We should have sent him to Brisbane or even the Dolphins maybe.

Hes the halves coach and it’s not working too well. I imagine he’s getting less friendly and more frustrated every week. Not saying he shouldn’t, but players are so fickle these days!

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently.

I think Tim should try another halves combo.

Api was saying we haven’t set up good combos properly a few weeks ago.

If the new blood fails miserably, then I can understand bringing him back.

Taking Benji on face value, probably no one knows Brooksys game better than him and if he can’t get Brooksy up to speed, I’m not sure who else can.

But I can’t wait for Brooks to come good, it’s not going to happen. There’s no miracle on the horizon.

If we don’t mix it up we are going to continue to “almost get there”

And we will hence “die” wondering this season.

I know it’s early days, but I think this season is gone.

I’d also like Tim to reach out and get his program peer reviewed by a trusted coach colleague. Just do it privately so he can see what he’s missing. Whatever the reason, sensible to bounce it off a learned buddy.

It also might be a good thing for the stress and disappointment he’s experiencing.

Share the load.

It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. We all make mistakes. Human frailty. But reach out to improve.
I think Tim's ego is the biggest issue now.

He's been away from the NRL for too long to understand the new game everyone else is playing.

Crab across field, pass to inside man who gets smashed. Check x a dozen.
Ineffective bomb that doesn't give the inside 5 metres a shake. Check.
Get sat on arse attempting a tackle. Check.
Pass way too hard for support in attack. Check and check.
Kick dead attempting to get a repeat set. Check.

Million dollar player......LOL

The bloke is ineptitude personified. The only thing worse than seeing his name in the side each week is knowing that there are people in the club PICKING him each week in the side.

10 years of this shit.

Tigerm

First Grade
Crab across field, pass to inside man who gets smashed. Check x a dozen.
Ineffective bomb that doesn't give the inside 5 metres a shake. Check.
Get sat on arse attempting a tackle. Check.
Pass way too hard for support in attack. Check and check.
Kick dead attempting to get a repeat set. Check.

Million dollar player......LOL

The bloke is ineptitude personified. The only thing worse than seeing his name in the side each week is knowing that there are people in the club PICKING him each week in the side.

10 years of this shit.
And no one at the club appears to be questioning it.

Latest posts