What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 4: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 4
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Monday 1 April 2024

NRL kickoff 4:00pm AEDT.

Broadcast on Fox, Kayo.

PARRAMATTA2024.png

To be announced

WESTSTIGERS2024.png

To be announced

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised​

Tigerm

First Grade

Wests Tigers

After an incredible victory against the Cronulla Sharks, the Tigers will only need to make one change after Alex Twal did not return to the game after being involved in a head clash.

Twal's extensive history with concussions will likely see him miss the game with Zero Tackle understanding that Sione Fainu is firming for his NRL debut. Justin Matamua and Brandon Tumeth are two other options.

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Chammas Twitter
Bryce Cartwright set to miss up to six weeks with a rib injury. Bad week for the Eels.

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter chat:
With Twal missing, rumour is either Matamua or Sione Fainu, will get the gig.

Tigerm

First Grade

Michael Chammas Twitter
Eels have sent Mitchell Moses for scans on a potential broken foot. Facing potential lengthy stint on sideline pending results.
—————————
Shame, would have liked to beat them, with him playing, but shit happens.
Michael Chammas Twitter
Just an update on Mitchell Moses. The Eels have sent him straight in for surgery tonight on that broken foot. I'm being told 8-10 weeks. He suffered in the injury in the final 15 minutes of the game.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Faataape
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. Sullivan
15. Seyfarth
16. Kepaoa
17. Sa. Fainu

18. J. Matamua, 19. L. Fainu, 20. A. Lobb, 21. B. Naden, 22. T. Da Silva

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Faataape
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. Sullivan
15. Seyfarth
16. Kepaoa
17. Sa. Fainu

18. J. Matamua, 19. L. Fainu, 20. A. Lobb, 21. B. Naden, 22. T. Da Silva
Twal out
Kepaoa in

This is a huge game for us and our attitude, especially in defence. Parra have some big outs and we can't be complacent. If we can hold our own up the middle we'll be doing well. We got owned by Canberra and the eels have a similarly big pack. Manly showed early last week that Parra can be a bit lazy out wide, early in the tackle count. I'm not sure we have the speed to fully exploit this though.

I'd go Matamua instead of Kepaoa. Sooner or later we're going to have to have an extended look at him in first grade. Off memory, I think he has an offload in him, which worked for us well last week. I haven't seen this from Kepaoa.

I believe the game plan we'll go with is up the guts and try for more late offloads. This will tire their big guys out.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is a huge game for us and our attitude, especially in defence. Parra have some big outs and we can't be complacent. If we can hold our own up the middle we'll be doing well. We got owned by Canberra and the eels have a similarly big pack. Manly showed early last week that Parra can be a bit lazy out wide, early in the tackle count. I'm not sure we have the speed to fully exploit this though.

I'd go Matamua instead of Kepaoa. Sooner or later we're going to have to have an extended look at him in first grade. Off memory, I think he has an offload in him, which worked for us well last week. I haven't seen this from Kepaoa.

I believe the game plan we'll go with is up the guts and try for more late offloads. This will tire their big guys out.
Re Kepaoa v Matamua. I agree, we need to look at Matamua, but I don’t think this is the game to do it.

I don’t mind Kepaoa, he is a big body and can play just about anywhere in the backs and forwards.

The strange one for me is, to be picking Bud again? I’d rather another forward. Maybe give Matamua a run then?

Pezz70

Juniors
Re Kepaoa v Matamua. I agree, we need to look at Matamua, but I don’t think this is the game to do it.

I don’t mind Kepaoa, he is a big body and can play just about anywhere in the backs and forwards.

The strange one for me is, to be picking Bud again? I’d rather another forward. Maybe give Matamua a run then?
Re Sullivan- I’m thinking either Galvin or Sezer is carrying a niggle and they have him there as cover

If he’s fit, I’d like to see Nado join the 17 somewhere because he would totally amped up and loves a big match.

Will be hell up the middle for awhile.

A lot of eels fans will attend expecting an easy win.

If our forwards are on, we could possibly jag this one.

Mitchy out is big trouble for them, he’s irreplaceable.

Yeah I doubt they’d carry Sullivan for Olam and Olam has said he had a good off season, in saying that he missed the first game. You’d want Naden covering Olam though, gives options if any of the back five go down
Yes, he’s quite versatile and doesn’t mind the stage. He’s very experienced as well.

He has a bit of the mongrel in him ( sometimes to his detriment) and maybe we need that against their backline.

I think his time is coming round again and we forget his good side sometimes. A handful when he’s on. Even in a late rotation that Ivan used him for.

The eels have some size and power here and there. We’d have to hope Paps is on full bore. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be.