What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
Crossland might not star but he certainly Carrie’s the failures of this club along with a couple of others especially when we lose.
As I've said the issue with Crossland is i just fail to see what he adds to the squad, what attribute does he bring?

Seage

Juniors
He's yet another one we all thought would kick on and just didn't. Injury prone and complete one trick pony. If he can't barge over the top of someone he's got nothing. A slightly better Junior Sau thus far and that's only because he can actually pass from time to time.
I bloody loved Junior Sau. Part of golden era of Knights Islander recruits under Smith that managed to occasionally bring joy to ones life. Sau, Vuna, Taia, Fa'aoso, Uate. Good times.

aqua_duck

Coach
I bloody loved Junior Sau. Part of golden era of Knights Islander recruits under Smith that managed to occasionally bring joy to ones life. Sau, Vuna, Taia, Fa'aoso, Uate. Good times.
Pretty much the OG equivalent of what the sharks currently have in Mulitalo, Talakai, Katoa, Nikora and Hamlin Uele

Old dog

Juniors
Think it will be Lee, has had a few games back where Hunt is about to play his first back, please not Musgrove

Seage

Juniors
Are we confident Sisagi is that good? The limited bits Ive seen was him playing centres in FG. Some good in attack and a bit suspect in defence. Everyone seems keen to get him in so have likely seen more of him than I

Can't wait for Kalyn to sign an upgraded and extended deal with us soon. He's earned it.

Jono078

Referee
Are we confident Sisagi is that good? The limited bits Ive seen was him playing centres in FG. Some good in attack and a bit suspect in defence. Everyone seems keen to get him in so have likely seen more of him than I

Can't wait for Kalyn to sign an upgraded and extended deal with us soon. He's earned it.
I don't think it's that with Simi but it's clear he has some attributes that are well above what Phoenix offers. He's also been playing well in reserves.

I don't think we can do any worse than giving him a go... and it better not be the Jirah 5-minutes kind of go.

aqua_duck

Coach

to be honest with Sisagi its very similar to Dominic Young where you're looking at potential more than anything else. At the very least he's a good ball runner and is a bigger body than Crossland or Mann

Alex28

Coach
Why is it a stupid question?

Yes there were unfortunate circumstances tonight but that question is not based on tonight soley.

How many more years do you want to be round 1 premiers and fall apart?

Even tactically he was out coached tonight.. Manly did the kick in behind the line how many times knowing Ponga wouldn't be back there.

It's always a fair question whether you think now is the right time or not. You have to uphold standards otherwise you continue to accept average.
Because he isn’t getting the sack mid-season. The club isn’t run with the lack of patience of this forum.

It was a f***ing stupid question because as a general rule we carry on f***ing stupidly here. It’s pretty embarrassing really.

Jono078

Referee
Because he isn’t getting the sack mid-season. The club isn’t run with the lack of patience of this forum.

It was a f***ing stupid question because as a general rule we carry on f***ing stupidly here. It’s pretty embarrassing really.
Brian Smith - moved on during the season
Rick Stone - moved on during the season
Nathan Brown - moved on during the season

Why are you so confident he'll see out the season?

It's not a stupid question. Calling someone's question 'stupid' on a forum, which is a fair question, is stupid.

Woosh

Head Moderator
O’Brien in presser said Young hurt his knee in the process of scoring the try and it was a similar injury he had last year but on the other knee this time.