What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Grant is young and goes good but he did get in Brooks’ way a couple of times.

Grant was terrible. He has been so good for us but he hogged it and came up with heaps of terrible options. He should be dropped for that effort.

axl rose

Bench
Gutsy heroic effort ... but they were on a hiding to nothing with a pointless boring game plan, 1 out rubbish of relentlessly running into their forward pack getting smashed and then expected to defend against a side that wasnt challenged or tired ... Raiders didnt even need to move in defence !!
Its as though he thinks he still has 3 burgess boys there. Anyway its little solace that Raiders should win the Asterix cup this year

macnaz

Staff member
You gotta attack don't you. I blame our spine but I like Doueihi. Reynolds wasn't bad. Brooks just didn't get involved enough.
It had game plan written all over it, so the only time the halves or backs were involved was virtually if we got in their 20 or to kick the ball , so difficult to blame them.
We wore ourselves out in attack .. well if call continually running into a brickwall attack... Taylor ball revisited :rage:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Grant was terrible. He has been so good for us but he hogged it and came up with heaps of terrible options. He should be dropped for that effort.

I thought Grant had a shocker too, he seemed slow,out of dummyhalf tonight

wouldn’t go as far as dropping him though, when Lids is back I’d be keen for him to get a run

Perth Tiger

Bench
This game is just making me more angry about last week!

hopefully they can keep up the intensity for another 40.

looking forward to seeing what Packer can offer and Talau has looked much better than his debut performance
Well not bloody much was the answer.

when we have 3 middles in Packer Seyfarth and Mikele that can’t make 100 meters combined we have a big problem

macnaz

Staff member
Its as though he thinks he still has 3 burgess boys there. Anyway its little solace that Raiders should win the Asterix cup this year
Impossible to even achieve for 80 mins .... they will be burnt in no time , if not by next weekend .

Wizardman

First Grade
I'd say that it was our most consistent effort this season....even more intense than in our winning efforts this year. Defence was very, very good. Attack could be better but I say some good signs there too. We played against a very professional outfit tonight and stayed with them most of the game. We could not really shake them in our moments of pure opportunity on their line though.

1. Douhei: The best game I saw him play for Souths was in the semi against the Raiders. Tonight was the first time I had seen him play with that punch since then. Our best option at fullback.

2. Nofoaluma: Another solid game from him tonight. It would have been nice to see him tuck his legs in a bit more for that effort in the corner but it was a tough chance. Good metres and did his job.

3. Leilua: Yet another meh game from him. I rate the guy but he has not given us anything this year.. He might feel a little too comfortable in thast he knows he won't be dropped (nor should he). But, as I've said for a few weeks, I expect more.

4. Mbye: Typical M'Bye 2020 performance. Nothing in attack although better than last week but pretty damn good, urgent defence. Pretty much our fans hate his guts but he is the best defender at centre in the club. I'd keep him there until someone better comes along.

5. Talau: Not a player I really rate but had a damn good crack tonight. He showed the urgency that Jennings lacked. He keeps the spot for next week for me.

6. Reynolds: Nice bloke but bring Benji back. I cannot believe Ivan paid 900k for him.

7. Brooks: The man had a stinker and a below average season. But, if we are to do something this year, Brooks has to be in the thick of it. We have to back him for this season and if he continues to play poorly, look at other options for 2021. The rules should suit Brooks down to the ground. We have to stick with him for now..

8. Aloai: Oncew again, the man had a decent dig but would be on the bench at most clubs. We need another good front rower at the club next year.

9. Grant: When a young fellow does 59 tackles, he will not have a lot in the tank for attack. Poor game in attack but I put some of it due to fatigue.

10. Musgrove: Pretty poor showing....I thought he'd struggle with these new rules.

11. Leiliua: He had a dig but similiar to last week where the game didn't really come to him.

12. Lawrence: Butterfingers is done as a rugby league player. Unlike onbe particular prick in our team, he tries to have a crack but he just a nothing in attack now....purely there to do tackles now. He should retire to give another player a crack at first grade.

13. Twal: He is one of those rare forwards that seem to do the work of two men. He would be absolutely f**ked at the end of every game.....never stops,

14: Mikaele: Im running out of faith in this bloke. Still worth playing him but the clock is starting to tick where he needs to match potential with performance.

15. Packer: This guy obviously does not care about his performance. Out for a year and given a golden chance to shows other clubs he is worth a contract, he gives us ill discipline, a sin bin and 9m. I NEVER want to see that merkin in a Wests Tigers jersey again. To Madge's credit, I doubt we will.

16. Chee-Kam: Not great but limited time.

17. Seyfarth: As per usual, nothing in attack but tackles well.

Pezz70

Juniors

Really? 65 tackles, taking on and banging big men time after time. I thought his effort was near on incredible.

One thing that really stood out for me was very poor finishes to sets inside Canberra’s 30 I don’t think we got one repeat set from a kick into the in goal. Grant and Brooks need to work on that. Reynolds is usually good for a couple a game.

Pezz70

Juniors
He was always coming back
Brooks was in the most mistakes in the last 10 minutes competition...He won
You can’t bring Benji back into the side. What tonight showed was that Reynolds is the man. Canberra bashed our line repeatedly and struggled to score on our right side defence which has been pathetic. Watching last weeks game I saw the reason why. Benji continually lets his man get to his outside, this brings the centre in and leaves Nofoaluma in no mans land. I’d been trying to work why our right side D is shit for a while but it was painfully obvious against the Gold Coast. I’d been super critical of Nofoaluma in the past for his defence but it ain’t all his fault. It’s a bit of a catch 22 for us cause Benji still does some great things with the ball in his hands, I think he is just a couple
Of yards too slow now.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m really disappointed with the Tigers tonight, improved performance but still not good enough. Time to look for a new half. I’ve been Brooks biggest supporter over the years but he just doesn’t offer enough. He had a good chance tonight with a team that were playing well to make something happen and he was really quiet. Reynolds took the reigns and was good but Brooks can’t be a passenger anymore.

Twal 65 tackles!!!!

Douehi 281 odd metres big improvement
Yes you have Pezz ...and it is time ...

WA Tiger

Bench
You can’t bring Benji back into the side. What tonight showed was that Reynolds is the man. Canberra bashed our line repeatedly and struggled to score on our right side defence which has been pathetic. Watching last weeks game I saw the reason why. Benji continually lets his man get to his outside, this brings the centre in and leaves Nofoaluma in no mans land. I’d been trying to work why our right side D is shit for a while but it was painfully obvious against the Gold Coast. I’d been super critical of Nofoaluma in the past for his defence but it ain’t all his fault. It’s a bit of a catch 22 for us cause Benji still does some great things with the ball in his hands, I think he is just a couple
Of yards too slow now.
Your right Reynolds is the man

The unknown

Juniors
On a side note if Nofo scores that try before halftime we go into the break 8-0 potentially 10-0

It’s half opportunities like that we can’t afford to really mess up against good sides

Latest posts