What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
You really need to expand your thinking and not just play what’s in front of you. Apart from the Warriors game, we have been woeful. If it wasn’t for a get out of jail last week against the Broncos and two bits of luck against Manly we could realistically be sitting on 1 win.

Deep breath. I wouldn't pick Robbie, Benji or Reynolds because they aren't getting the job done for us and I think there are better options.

I don't know why you can't state something like that rather than all your BS days of your life crap.

These guys were picked by two coaches that are pretty highly rated. It's not the marketing department doing the picking. They also weren't to blame for today's loss and they have had some good moments this season.

Our biggest issue appears to be Cleary's recruiting and in particular Reynolds, Packer and Matulino on too long contracts for too much money. Robbie and Benji can be cast aside with no problems at all.

It's almost like you don't have the ability to focus on the issues that we clearly have. You are focusing on some players that you have a personal dislike for and it has nothing at all to do with their performance or contract value on our cap.

Tiger05

First Grade
One at the Wests Tigers? Hmmm

Btw you are really quick with the personal insults. I never once called you stupid, just that you didn’t get it..

I'm attacking what you are stating. The coaches are not getting told they have to pick Benji and Robbie. That should be patently obvious after JT shafted Robbie to our detriment. If the club didn't get involved then I just can't see them ever getting involved.

Maguire didn't pick our highly paid star in Reynolds at the start of the season.

It's not the coach being given directions from the club in some under-handed way that is causing problems.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don't know why you can't state something like that rather than all your BS days of your life crap.

Because I have in the past about these two, though fans can not seem to not be able to see a wests tigers team without these two.

Why do you believe Marshall and Farah are going to suddenly win games of football for this club consistently, when history shows that they have not been able to? (this question is for anyone on the forum)

That should be patently obvious after JT shafted Robbie to our detriment. If the club didn't get involved then I just can't see them ever getting involved.

6 months later JT got his orders to leave and 18 months after that Farah is rubber stamped to come back, with the coach walking out at the same time.

west4ever

Juniors
Because I have in the past about these two, though fans can not seem to not be able to see a wests tigers team without these two.

Why do you believe Marshall and Farah are going to suddenly win games of football for this club consistently, when history shows that they have not been able to? (this question is for anyone on the forum)

6 months later JT got his orders to leave and 18 months after that Farah is rubber stamped to come back, with the coach walking out at the same time.
It’s not Farah or marshal it’s the crap around them, if they started there career at Melbourne storm they probably have a better win record than Cronk and smith.

The unknown

Juniors
It’s not Farah or marshal it’s the crap around them, if they started there career at Melbourne storm they probably have a better win record than Cronk and smith.

I think you're right to an extent, unfortunately we'll never know for sure

We've put out some absolute dog shit teams over the years and this year is no different. Just a bunch of battlers

We need an x factor player so bad that we can build a team around. Gutho would be a good start

magpie_man

Juniors
Mitchell has been fantastic this season - credit where it's due.
Albeit, even he has come out and said he needed an attitude readjustment.

magpie_man

Juniors
As for our team, in the last month:

We got humiliated by the Bulldogs;
Got beaten by a Panthers team that played some of the worst football I've ever seen for 79 minutes;
Beat an utterly abysmal Broncos side by a single converted try;
Got absolutely pummeled by a Parramatta side that were missing their best player (Fergo).

Madge has a lot on his plate to turn this side around. He's up against 20 years of mental fragility and an ingrained culture of failure.
Heaven help him.

axl rose

Bench
Madge has a lot on his plate to turn this side around. He's up against 20 years of mental fragility and an ingrained culture of failure.
Heaven help him.

True that. In fairness to him players like Packer only signed with Tigers to play under Cleary and now dont seem to care. Tigers, the forever re-building club.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I hate Moses but I've never doubted the kids talent

His best shits all over Brooks best from a great height
Exactly.This is an undeniable fact not acknowledged by many of our fans.I for one dislike moses the person but the prick can play & is light yrs ahead of Brooks as a player.

We r in deep shit coz we have to many pathetic players on big money whose contracts still have a few yrs to run & Brooks is one of them.

Tiger05

First Grade

I don't think that these two on the dollars that they are on are the problem. Personally I would change the team around but I still don't think you are seeing the issue clearly.

Did you watch Reynolds at all yesterday. He couldn't tackle and his attack was dismal. He is paid a lot lot lot more than Benji and Robbie.

The modern game is about managing the salary cap. Benji and Robbie are on cheap dollars. They don't have to be picked and can just be used as back-ups. We need better players to replace them.

Personally I would change the team around. Pick Liddle at 9, Thompson at 1, Brooks at 6 and Mbye at 6. I think my suggestion though is pretty extreme. It does though mean we would have players with pace in key roles.

Rightly so. Robbie has come back on a small salary.

I just think your hatred of Robbie and Benji is stopping you from seeing things clearly. These two guys aren't the big problem you think they are. They are on small dollars and easily replaced. Reynolds replaced Benji yesterday and was one of the worst players on the field. We would have been better with Benji there.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mitchell has been fantastic this season - credit where it's due.
Albeit, even he has come out and said he needed an attitude readjustment.

I always rated him. He was a dog for us but at the same time he was in a difficult position. History has shown that Cleary should have paid him decent dollars and not chased Reynolds but to be fair to Cleary we were getting screwed over by 3 of those guys.

Tiger05

First Grade
Exactly.This is an undeniable fact not acknowledged by many of our fans.I for one dislike moses the person but the prick can play & is light yrs ahead of Brooks as a player.

We r in deep shit coz we have to many pathetic players on big money whose contracts still have a few yrs to run & Brooks is one of them.

I don't think Brooks is the problem but he needs to improve a lot. He is having an ordinary season. Some great games and some crud games.

I don't think our squad is that bad. We have McQueen, Reynolds, Packer and Matulino who are probably overpaid but McQueen and Reynolds are the worse of the bunch. Brooks needs to develop some consistency in his game. Mbye needs to improve. I think though Brooks and Mbye have the potential to improve whereas the other guys mentioned are going to go backwards.

Benji and Robbie aren't overpaid and therefore aren't the problem.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Did you watch Reynolds at all yesterday. He couldn't tackle and his attack was dismal. He is paid a lot lot lot more than Benji and Robbie.

One bad game in his, what, 8th game for the club?

But that’s okay, let’s just continue with status quo and keep selecting Marshall and Farah even though they continue to fail to deliver year, on year, on year, on year. I’m sure they are bound to come good sooner or later.

Good players make their team mates look good which in turn brings success, I have never seen this with those two. It was always Benji’s footwork when given space by Prince (surprise) and Farah scooting out of dummy half running straight, which hasn’t happened for a very, very long time.