What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

Who will win? Round 9: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seage

Juniors
What are other examples tonight in defence where he hasn't done his job? He's put his body on the line and cleaned up the ones he should outside of the last one. His contact has been so much better in D lately.
Body on the line? He makes balf hearted efforts where he flings an arm out and bounces away. The effort where they held up Nanai or Luki he didnt do his job catching the ball or trying to make a stop. Others did it for him.

perverse

Referee
Body on the line? He makes balf hearted efforts where he flings an arm out and bounces away. The effort where they held up Nanai or Luki he didnt do his job catching the ball or trying to make a stop. Others did it for him.
It sounds like you're mostly blaming him for not doing the job of the blokes in front of him. When he made contact tonight, it was good contact. He did basically everything for us with the ball in hand. You're asking for too much, when there's so much more letting us down in the team.

It sounds like you're mostly blaming him for not doing the job of the blokes in front of him. When he made contact tonight, it was good contact. He did basically everything for us with the ball in hand. You're asking for too much, when there's so much more letting us down in the team.
100% there bro

Pongas has gotten his 1 on 1s this year and has manned up in D.

Jono078

Referee
I missed the majority of the game but just watched the highlights... Highlights make it look like Tuala had one of his classic shockers we haven't seen since that Rabbitohs finals game in 2020.

Also a bit of ball watching going on and players waiting for someone else to do something in a couple of the tries we conceded? Last one where Fitzgibbon just watched Luke run past him to catch the ball says it all. Not the level of will-to-win or lack of competitiveness you like to see..

Loose Cannon

Bench
I missed the majority of the game but just watched the highlights... Highlights make it look like Tuala had one of his classic shockers we haven't seen since that Rabbitohs finals game in 2020.

Also a bit of ball watching going on and players waiting for someone else to do something in a couple of the tries we conceded? Last one where Fitzgibbon just watched Luke run past him to catch the ball says it all. Not the level of will-to-win or lack of competitiveness you like to see..
Tuala is death. But sadly, he has contemporaries.

Apey

Staff member
If we lose to the Dogs, which is highly likely, I'm not going to bother going to our next home game against the Broncos.

aqua_duck

Coach
Don’t think we will win but a big effort is needed from all 17 finally selected. Crossland hasn’t starred this season but this is his chance, he is better than most think and playing/starting at 7 might be the answer, not tipping them but expecting a big improvement from all
Crossland is straight out hot garbage. I asked this question a month ago and no one has been able to give me an answer, what is the bloke actually good at, what traits does he possess that are even above average?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Crossland is straight out hot garbage. I asked this question a month ago and no one has been able to give me an answer, what is the bloke actually good at, what traits does he possess that are even above average?
The only positives were he and Tex straightened the attack well in 1H which is more than I can say for the meek sideways attack our alternate halfbacks offer.

Knight76

Juniors

That same try I believe, further out wide, KP just stood and watch it all happen also. He could have ran to get himself in a defensive position to try and stop that try but clocked off and just watched.

mozza91

Coach
AOB in the press conference just said he thought Fitzy played really well tonight. Fmd, that’ll do me
I thought he played well, especially for someone who’s been out for 7 weeks. He ran with intent, put on a few shots and actually looked like he gave a shit which puts him above a lot of them.

Old dog

Juniors
We let in, yes opened the door, a few tries without making attempts to challenge for the ball, kicking by Townsend etc was good but our defence and positional play was poor

Latest posts