What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Lots to like about tonight and I should really sit back enjoy what was a really good performance..but two gripes..Masters defence is still not nearly at NRL standard and Mullet man for all his good work is still a liability with brain dead plays.
Masters doesn’t know how to nail those long kicks either ...All the good kickers nail a few of them..could be vital later ..

WA Tiger

Bench
Had to watch Clearys press conference to watch the prick get asked all the questions you know he didn't want. Best part - Would you consider calling up Gus for some advice?
His first answer was no. Then that he knew the answers. Then hes open to collaboration with anyone.
Happy to know a lot of people enjoyed tonights win more with that smug liar looking like the fraud he is.
I missed that - Bugger

Vic Mackey

Referee
Masters doesn’t know how to nail those long kicks either ...All the good kickers nail a few of them..could be vital later ..

If Esan was a capable kicker we’re 6-3 and coming 5th. It’s not his fault. He didn’t kick in 20s or NSW Cup, he’s sadly the best we’ve got. I’m sure he practices plenty but he isn’t a natural. Let’s hope Jack Madden continues to develop and is ready fOr first grade sometime next year as he’s a good goal kicker. Otherwise we need to buy a winger/center who can kick.

WA Tiger

Bench
See McQueen’s pass to the wing to score that try ..sweet!! There was a lot of skill in that ...It was a long pass and he had no time to execute ...He seems a good team man to lift the spirits too and he was right there in the front line for a couple of those try’s
A 10-15m spiral pass on the run at full tit....from a forward .. ...Cleary missed that last year ..dunno if that’s Lawrence’s position ..I hope not

Tigerm

First Grade
Madge has to get the team into the 8 and it has to be with the best 9 that he believes he has for the game. I believe that at this time it is Farah.

Long term I hope it’s Liddle.
Good point OTT, some of the posters do seem to forget we are still in a competition in a reasonable position, you have to play the best available and those below need to force themselves into the team if they are good enough.

I also hope Liddle can make it, but the club seems to be looking at other 9's so I am not sure what that is saying about Liddle's future?

BuffaloRules

Coach
I must admit that I expected nothing from McQueen this year so I am pleased that he is providing some value at last..

Absolutely loving Matterson.. think the Roosters are going to regret letting him go by the end of this year.

Great effort in that first 20 minutes... took me back to 2005...

Even though talent wise they are closer to the bottom then the top, they certainly have a go each week....Can’t ask for much more then that..

Really hope that Madge can find salary space to attract a couple of classy backs in 2020.,He is clearly a better coach then last years.

The unknown

Juniors
A 10-15m spiral pass on the run at full tit....from a forward .. ...Cleary missed that last year ..dunno if that’s Lawrence’s position ..I hope not

Mate for a nrl standard player no matter the position that shouldn't be too hard. McQueen does add value this year though which is nice

Front-Rower

First Grade
We beat the potential wooden spooners by a measly 26 and everyone is blowing their loads lol the next 6 weeks will really be the acid test. Souths twice, Melbourne, Roosters and Canberra.

The unknown

Juniors
We beat the potential wooden spooners by a measly 26 and everyone is blowing their loads lol the next 6 weeks will really be the acid test. Souths twice, Melbourne, Roosters and Canberra.

To be fair it's probably more because we beat Penrith, in hindsight good 1st half shit 2nd half

See McQueen’s pass to the wing to score that try ..sweet!! There was a lot of skill in that ...It was a long pass and he had no time to execute ...He seems a good team man to lift the spirits too and he was right there in the front line for a couple of those try’s
It’s the little things and for the coach they may be big things. I was impressed how he backed up Farah when he made the break for the Brooks try, that is what a good footballer does.
Perhaps that performance last night will help his confidence/game for the rest of the season (before he is offloaded :wink: ).

The Rosco

Bench
I just had a look at the facebook page of the Wives of WT fans. It's a bunch of women talking about recipes, handy hints and craft and shit.
" download the first half of last night's game v Penrith. Whenever your husband chases you around the house with that look in his eyes of desire to do horrible man's things to you, fetch a bowl of kettle chips, a nice cold beer and a box of tissues in front of the TV and tell him you have the Penrith game on for him. If he isn't interested, tell him it's just the first half.
He will scurry in guaranteed.
Close the door and go outside.
You won't even have to wait the full 40 minutes.
You can come back in after only 17 minutes or so. The chips will be eaten, the beer drunk, and he will have pleasured himself into the tissues.
No wiping filthy tadpoles from the front pond of your downstairs garden.
You can now safely go about your day.
Repeat any time for the next 3 years with the same effect. "

Tiger05

First Grade
If Esan was a capable kicker we’re 6-3 and coming 5th. It’s not his fault. He didn’t kick in 20s or NSW Cup, he’s sadly the best we’ve got. I’m sure he practices plenty but he isn’t a natural. Let’s hope Jack Madden continues to develop and is ready fOr first grade sometime next year as he’s a good goal kicker. Otherwise we need to buy a winger/center who can kick.

Is he the best we've got. What about Mbye or Benji ?

Tiger05

First Grade
I must admit that I expected nothing from McQueen this year so I am pleased that he is providing some value at last..

Absolutely loving Matterson.. think the Roosters are going to regret letting him go by the end of this year.

Great effort in that first 20 minutes... took me back to 2005...

Even though talent wise they are closer to the bottom then the top, they certainly have a go each week....Can’t ask for much more then that..

Really hope that Madge can find salary space to attract a couple of classy backs in 2020.,He is clearly a better coach then last years.

Is there a better edge backrower in the comp compared to Matterson ? As for McQueen I didn't think he had it in him but he was great. Lawrence straight in though.

cerberus

Coach

i think in the interim .we need to get in a good kicking coach .
newcastle are finished in the A-league . maybe contact ernie merrick and get him to have a look at
marsters or get hazem el masri to training .
as everyone keeps saying this is costing us and already has in the first game against cleary's clunkers .
i'd like to think we can finish 8th instead of 9th this year. a quality kicking coach may make the difference.

The unknown

Juniors
Is there a better edge backrower in the comp compared to Matterson ? As for McQueen I didn't think he had it in him but he was great. Lawrence straight in though.

There isn't another backrower with the same versatility as him that's for sure

I'd say Frizzell is the premier backrower in the comp but Matterson could definitely match it with Cordner, Chrichton, Sims etc.

magpie_man

Juniors
There isn't another backrower with the same versatility as him that's for sure

I'd say Frizzell is the premier backrower in the comp but Matterson could definitely match it with Cordner, Chrichton, Sims etc.

Good call. Matterson seems to have a few more strings to his bow than the others mentioned.

Latest posts