What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario chalmers

Juniors
It’s the little things and for the coach they may be big things. I was impressed how he backed up Farah when he made the break for the Brooks try, that is what a good footballer does.
Perhaps that performance last night will help his confidence/game for the rest of the season (before he is offloaded :wink: ).
He's got some ground to make up IMO. I was at the Roosters game and from the stands it was clear McQueen would head out to the centres for a bludge when we got the ball. He has better hands than Chris Lawrence but I admire Lawrence for taking on tough hitups, something McQueen doesnt do.

McQueen is also very slow. A few times he's had huge gaps to run into but they've closed on him. Lawrence would have found those holes.

The unknown

Juniors
Straight swap for Rowdy when he's fit and ready to go. I assume Rowdy will have to play a couple NSW Cup games to get match fit but I only see mcqueen as a stop gap player

Tiger05

First Grade
There isn't another backrower with the same versatility as him that's for sure

I'd say Frizzell is the premier backrower in the comp but Matterson could definitely match it with Cordner, Chrichton, Sims etc.

I asked the question to see if there was anyone better. Frizzel is probablyy better. He is more dominant in his running game. Matterson has more skill.

I reckon Matterson is as good as all the other players you mention there.

Had to watch Clearys press conference to watch the prick get asked all the questions you know he didn't want. Best part - Would you consider calling up Gus for some advice?
His first answer was no. Then that he knew the answers. Then hes open to collaboration with anyone.
Happy to know a lot of people enjoyed tonights win more with that smug liar looking like the fraud he is.

Haha that was the alcoholic Rothfilth.

Tigerm

First Grade
He's got some ground to make up IMO. I was at the Roosters game and from the stands it was clear McQueen would head out to the centres for a bludge when we got the ball. He has better hands than Chris Lawrence but I admire Lawrence for taking on tough hitups, something McQueen doesnt do.

McQueen is also very slow. A few times he's had huge gaps to run into but they've closed on him. Lawrence would have found those holes.
He found a few last night?
Do you think Chris will come back, it was a pretty horrendous injury by all accounts?

Shredder

Juniors
I would be very surprised if Lawrence plays again give the extent of his injury in the final year of his contract.

There isn't another backrower with the same versatility as him that's for sure

I'd say Frizzell is the premier backrower in the comp but Matterson could definitely match it with Cordner, Chrichton, Sims etc.

There are a few backrowers out there that 'experts' would rate higher:
There's a certain man mountain playing for North Queenland,
Felise Kaufusi plays SOO & and for Australia,
Elliott Whitehead for the Raiders and
that pommy guy playing for Souths who is always looking at himself on the big screen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Heard his sister say on the radio he hopes to be back after the bye, so 4 more weeks

I think he wants to come back and play first grade. I don't know how long it will take him to get back up to speed though. If he plays like he did last year he is going to improve the team. How good though was McQueen on that edge. The line he ran and the pass he threw to set-up Marsters was great.

Das Hassler

Bench
McQueen impressed....Brooks try off Farah's break he was leading the charge in support...in one week he looks a lot fitter and quicker ?. ..Madge may have angried him up a bit through the week

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Moses was unlucky not to get on this list as well, which shows the spine works well when its on.

Our spine is potentially good. Mbye was very good. I don't think I'd have him in my top 3 but he was good.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Not sure if it's been mentioned but our backs were swapped around with Marsters and Jennings on the left, and Fonua and Thompson on the right. This obviously looked a lot better, so interesting to see if Madge sticks with it.

macnaz

Staff member
I would be very surprised if Lawrence plays again give the extent of his injury in the final year of his contract.
If Chris has anything to do with it ..He will play again.. BUT the club and doctors should say NO .. future injury would be catastrophic, even the original injury is beyond what an average person would or could recover from ....but to risk it in a high compact sport is just being stupid and irresponsible in my opinion.
Rowdy... you have nothing to prove mate , you are and will be a club legend...PLEASE DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE TRYING TO PROVE WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT YOU !

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Not sure if it's been mentioned but our backs were swapped around with Marsters and Jennings on the left, and Fonua and Thompson on the right. This obviously looked a lot better, so interesting to see if Madge sticks with it.

Madge would have been salivating when he saw Fuimaono picked in the centres. The poor bloke is barely NRL Standard Edge forward none the less a Centre. I would say whatever side he lined up on he was going to have Marsters in front of him.

The funny thing was, after he let a couple in, instead of hooking him, Supercoach moved him to the other side in the same position where he let another one in.

It was a good, satisfying win, but Penrith were very poor, I doubt we will meet another team so bad for the rest of the year.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
If Chris has anything to do with it ..He will play again.. BUT the club and doctors should say NO .. future injury would be catastrophic, even the original injury is beyond what an average person would or could recover from ....but to risk it in a high compact sport is just being stupid and irresponsible in my opinion.
Rowdy... you have nothing to prove mate , you are and will be a club legend...PLEASE DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE TRYING TO PROVE WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT YOU !

Well said Mac.

Over the years there have been some odd injuries that have put players out of the game and this could be just another example....it is just a game at the end of the day and I reckon the club will look after him (should he chose to do that) a bit like Simon Dwyer (another weird injury) has been looked after.

I seem to recall Rowdy has some tertiary qualifications and as much as I'd hate to see him leave the game, maybe the time is right...as Macnaz says, I don't think he has anything to prove to us supporters. He has played at the highest level for a long time...he will always be a tigers legend in my eyes!!!

The unknown

Juniors
Madge would have been salivating when he saw Fuimaono picked in the centres. The poor bloke is barely NRL Standard Edge forward none the less a Centre. I would say whatever side he lined up on he was going to have Marsters in front of him.

The funny thing was, after he let a couple in, instead of hooking him, Supercoach moved him to the other side in the same position where he let another one in.

It was a good, satisfying win, but Penrith were very poor, I doubt we will meet another team so bad for the rest of the year.

Exactly my thoughts, Penrith deserve to be slaughtered in the media, they were so so bad. We should have put 50 on them. A top team would have

Tiger05

First Grade

I only agree with this if the risk is too high. I don't know how you quantify that risk so I assume the medical staff have to do that.

If the risk is deemed as too high then he definitely shouldn't play again. To me he is up there with the best Wests Tigers players ever no matter if he never plays again. I'd also give him a job after footy because he appears to be a top bloke.

If though he wants to play and the risk is acceptable then let him play. The guy deserves to be allowed to do whatever he wants to do.

Latest posts