What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Thread - Triple Header at Eden Park

Coastbloke

Bench
Have I drunk too much or did we have a Pom ref for GB v NZ and Oz Ref for Kangaroos v Tonga?

IRL. Just release a statement that the NRL runs the game. Not the IRL. Put us out of our misery. We know it anyway. Just make it official.. :sleepy:

Springs09

Juniors
This game sees our admins trying to ruin it and say f**k off! We're rugby league!

Try to give Australia only 2 games a year? f**k you they're gonna lose to Tonga!

Springs09

Juniors
Only downside to this is Australia wins the Oceania Cup, through for and against.
There is no point to a comp where all teams finish 1-1.
Imagine if this counted towards making a final.

Zadar

Juniors
Cordner add to his records, first captain of Australia since 1978 to lose to a 2nd tier team.

After being the first captain in history to captain back to back origin victories, as well as back to back grand final victories, I think he’ll be ok.

He’ll also be happy that his leadership skills at the roosters have helped SST captain one of the greatest upsets in rugby league history.

Clarkent

Juniors
1. Naiqama
2. Sivo
3. Wiliame
4. Blake
5. Vunivalu
7. Wakeham
8. D Saifiti
9. Koroisau
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Kikau
12. T Sims
13. K Sims

14. Lovodua
15. Bukuya
16. Kamikamica
17. Evans

Only real position missing is who you would play at 6? Could put Koroisau there and play Lovodua at 9 I suppose and bring another player on to the bench. With a team in the Ron Massey Cup next year and a team in the NSW Cup in 2021. It should help develop some options in the spine positions in time for the World Cup in 2021.
If Samoa had all there players too they will be up there as well the only problem is Samoa needs those players to do a Fifita and taumalolo and change there alliance.... And that's a big ask...

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Samoa had all there players too they will be up there as well the only problem is Samoa needs those players to do a Fifita and taumalolo and change there alliance.... And that's a big ask...

I get a feeling SBW will play for Samoa at the 2021 WC as his farewell to professional sport. Maybe his presence will help get few players across the line.

Papalii is a chance of switching to Samoa too I feel

yakstorm

First Grade
Great result for Tonga and the International game.

Crazy that since the 2017 RLWC Australia has a win record of only 50%

Clarkent

Juniors
I get a feeling SBW will play for Samoa at the 2021 WC as his farewell to professional sport. Maybe his presence will help get few players across the line.

Papalii is a chance of switching to Samoa too I feel
Tbh I don't think SBW will play for us and I don't think he'll be that good anyway once it comes to the world cup... Papali'i is huge chance for us in the world Cup just by looking at the young talent that aussie has coming up... Payne Haas is a beast and no way he's gonna turn he's back on the aussie Jersey he's gonna be the best player in the world in 2 years... RTS is the one player that will turn heads if he plays for samoa and anything can happen at the world Cup in 2 years so finger crossed he does a taumalolo lol

Scubby

Juniors
Only downside to this is Australia wins the Oceania Cup, through for and against.
There is no point to a comp where all teams finish 1-1.
Imagine if this counted towards making a final.

And if the Aussies weren't coming to the UK in 2020, under the Oceania Cup rules Tonga would be relegated for Fiji. WTF?

Springs09

Juniors
I won't be surprised if SBW plays for Samoa. The opportunity to play for Samoa is one of the big drawcards of returning to league as he can't do it in union.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I won't be surprised if SBW plays for Samoa. The opportunity to play for Samoa is one of the big drawcards of returning to league as he can't do it in union.
If he plays top level league in 2021 I'll eat my hat. He has been out injured the majority of the last two years.

Latest posts