What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match thread vs Broncos Round 24

Serc

First Grade
Stone said Newcastle's other main injury concerns, winger Cooper Vuna (shin) and lock Matt Hilder (calf), trained strongly yesterday and had been cleared.
If Newcastle can repeat their 30-22 win against the Broncos in round eight, they will notch a piece of club history.Not once since the Knights kicked off in 1988 have they defeated Brisbane, home and away, in a single season.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...back-braced-for-ribrattling-hits/1918335.aspx

So we should be pretty much as named on Tuesday, and we are also going for 5 in a row at EAS :)

RHCP

Bench
I'm confident we can get the win here. We're playing at home where we've won four in a row, we're welcoming Jarrod Mullen back into the side and Hilder and Vuna are both fit and cleared to play.

The absence of Darren Lockyer will also, as it usually does, really hurt the Broncos. They do have a lot to play for though so I'm expecting a hard game, but we should be able to come out on top.

Last edited:
Brisbane's defense can be brilliant when it clicks so i expect a grind of a game. 18-14 to us. Thaiday will have a belter i am sure. I would have him as my Dally M player of the year but it is not my decision.

Serc

First Grade
We've won 4 in a row RHCP :p going for 5!

I reckon it will be a close one too, 22-18 to us :)

Serc

First Grade
That's what we like to hear Baron, some positivity :D

We will be wearing the same indigenous jersey as last year by the way.

Rolla

Juniors
Hmm good news regarding injuries but i was hoping Kev got a run, perhaps off the bench to cover outside backs and if we are travelling ok without injuries just throw him out there to run around the ruck and get pummelled/cause havok, least get a taste.

cram

Bench
I have put a few bets on tonight..

Uate First try scorer $8
Vuna First try scorer $10

Knights by 30+ $15

Don't usually worry about the betting quotes but I heard a price for the Knights to win by 13+ was $4.00 that is not a bad bet I reckon...

Latest posts