What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo a MUST 5/8th!!!!

Mateo will be joining the DRAGONS next year, you heard it here first!
you can thank your idiot coach for benching him majority of games...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mateo will be joining the DRAGONS next year, you heard it here first!
you can thank your idiot coach for benching him majority of games...

Idiot coach?

Have you followed Mateo's career closely?

People were calling for him to be in First Grade many seasons ago. Instead, Brian ships him off to England. He eventually returns and Hagan gives him a fair go. He has one good season. Since then he has been hot and cold.

Seems to be Bennett would be the idiot coach to throw money at a 25-year old who can't get his head right....

I swear I saw a pig fly over kogarah just now.

I actually think Weyman has lost a lot of weight & trimmed up since coming from the Raiders.:D

He shouldnt have a case with his supposed use of the forearm this week, IMO either. It is nothing compared to what Burgess did to the canterbury guy in scoring a couple of weeks ago - elbow straight to the jaw. Amazing how it was even allowed as a try IMO, but, he didnt get reviewed. (Its all about who you are, and your record)

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
It's funny how all you people criticise Mateo and then when he does something brilliant like he can you's will support him again. I honestly hope he leaves Parramatta and goes to a side that will treat him the right way and I hope he comes back to Parra one day and tears us apart just to prove to you people and DA that he really is a talent.

Really disappointing IMO.

So do I. :lol::lol: I`ve had a gut-full of him.

lingard

Coach
No I'm not happy with the way his playing and I'm seeing the game the same as you people but what upset's me is the amount of sh*t he cops when there's so many other player's who are playing just as bad.

No need to be a smartass either.

You know what? Feliti Mateo is the biggest enigma in this side. (Krisnan Inu is the second). On his day, he is the best attacking lock in the game. Bar none. What he did in the final three games of last year was absolutely first class. I was tipping him to be the big improver this year; to be our best player; to play state of origin. But what does he give us? A big nothing, that`s what.
WHAT THE f**k IS HE WAITING FOR? Is he lazy? Is he stupid?

lingard

Coach
What I find funny is that when theres rougly 15-20 to go and we need tries he is brought back on and always pops him arm free to throw that pass and when he throws it and it doesn't come off everyone is on his back.

I'm not 14 and don't talk to me like I'm a kid, Like I said before and I will say it again I'm entitled to my opinion and your entitled to your's, I will post what I want and believe. There's many things I don't agree with people posting but I'm not gonna start an argument about it like you pretty much have.

Yeh I agree Mateo is lazy but so is the majority of the team so why don't you jump on there back because there are many other talented players like Mateo who cop no where near as much sh*t as him.

Mate, if I really WANTED to play 5/8 in the Parramatta first grade side, but my coach put me at lock, you know what I`d do? I`d (a.) work real hard at impressing on the coach that I was the man for the job. I`d lift my work-rate, I`d stop throwing ridiculous no-chance passes, I`d stop dropping the ball, I`d start playing better than the other 5/8`s in the club (which wouldn`t be hard at the moment)......... OR........(b.) I`d sulk and be lazy and leave the club at the end of the year.
Which one is Mateo doing right now? Ten seconds to answer.

lzd

Juniors
Mate, if I really WANTED to play 5/8 in the Parramatta first grade side, but my coach put me at lock, you know what I`d do? I`d (a.) work real hard at impressing on the coach that I was the man for the job. I`d lift my work-rate, I`d stop throwing ridiculous no-chance passes, I`d stop dropping the ball, I`d start playing better than the other 5/8`s in the club (which wouldn`t be hard at the moment)......... OR........(b.) I`d sulk and be lazy and leave the club at the end of the year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Mateo ever (directly or otherwise) expressed a desire to play 5/8 and that he sees that as his preferred position? Because to my knowledge he hasn't.

yy_cheng

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Mateo ever (directly or otherwise) expressed a desire to play 5/8 and that he sees that as his preferred position? Because to my knowledge he hasn't.

He has.

He was interviewed not long ago saying his preferred position is 5/8th as he likes to get the ball in his hands. Then he jokingly said that there was less defensive work at 5/8th.

Then said, but I'll play where the coach thinks is good for the team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mateo is going ok i think.He just needs some time to warm up.He is always looking to get the ball away but know one is there-Im not sure what he is meant to do in that situation.In the attacking 20 id like to see him get the ball running wide at the line with someone either side of him-Like frank the tank does.It should happen once every set in the attacking zone.With Hayne having a go on the other side.There are signs Parra are about to come good.If canberra play like they did on monday im sure they will make the top 6.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Putting him at 5/8 could help. I always liked the idea of him at lock so he could run the ball because he always made good metres. But by putting him at 5/8 to get some confidence, who knows?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Jarryd Hayne apparently did some sulking and he got the jersey he wanted.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Why not let the coaches and the playing staff work it out. That's what they get paid to do. If they can't do it, they should move on and let the Club get someone who can.
DA is being stubborn? Can't work that one out.. He was good enough to guide the team to a Grand Final spot last year...and did the same with the Warriors. He won several titles with St Helens in the ESL. Surely he know a LITTLE bit about the coaching caper.
I find it strange that people (not necessarily you Tezza) bag Phil Gould, yet hang on every word he says as if he is the GURU...Anderson is the coach, not Gould.
Why not give the players some support, and take the good with the bad...It is not as is there is a huge amount of pressure coming from the NSW Cup team or NYC at the moment. If it is to be, it will be. If not, tough.

Its our opinion and our right to express it, no matter what any idealistic hypocritical old man tries to preach.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
here is my opinion about meteo at 5/8,
if you watch him play carefully he never plays before the line,he will always go to the line then try to offload ,thats why lock suits him better than 5/8,ive never seen him play a natural no.6 passing game before the line,like say,D lockyer fer eg.

Thats because Mateo right now is playing to the instructions of DA. To do the dirty work. There is no way in hell he would do the same thing at five eight. When he was at five eight in 2008, he and Riddell formed a nice little play that attacked behind the rucks. An outside ball to Mateo, then an inside ball to a runner, Luke Burt usually I believe.

Same year, Mateo also made a nice little chip kick for himself and then passed it out to Inu for him to score. Against Brisbane.

People bring up last years form when defending Kris Keating, well Mateo was also in good form up until he got injured in the same game, and he was at five eight.

Also, I have the opinion that Darren Lockyer plays more like a halfback then a five eight for Brisbane, which suits Brisbane. In the halves (and forwards too I guess) Mateo is like John Sutton. We cant expect him to be like SBW, Lockyer or who ever.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sorry guys, opened up a heap of tabs and didnt realise they were in the same thread. Feel free to merge them mods.

Latest posts