What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo

BURT

Juniors
I say leave him out.... I loved it when DA hooked him for that dumb pass. TBH that was Paul Carrage material at that time of the game. I think it is a great sign that DA will hook someone for not following his game plan and me thinks Mateo is the type that thinks his bigger than the coaches game plan. If this is the case good riddence i say.

Dumb, dumb play . . . but DA's actions should teach him a lesson.

Off the bench next week, for a second chance (thank God he didn't cost us the match)

bartman

Immortal
Mateo's not match fit enough to get off our bench this season imo. It's working as it is anyway, and DAs doing a good job of keeping the successful structure in attack we had prior to Mateo's return. Feleti has to fit into that, not change it himself.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don;t think mateo was deliberately going against the coach.

It is his natural game.

However, at this point in time, it doesn't fit into the style we are playing.

And Mateo probably feels weird that he is an odd piece in the jigsaw.

I think he was trying to play his way back into the team by Throwing those passes.

If I was feleti, i would just trust DA. I would goto DA and say, sir how should I play and play to the best of my ability according to DA's plan.

If he just wants Feleti to hit it up, then hit it up. He is very very good at getting metre by hitting it up.

If you're referring to my post Bartman - I agree. I mean play him "off the bench" late in the match, as was done in the last 3 weeks.

Bit of fresh potential wizadry, just when the opposition begins to tire.

As long as he knows not to try and slip an impossible miracle ball in our 20 metre zone with 10 min to go, leading by 10 :crazy:

It was a stupid pass by Mateo and he should have known better. DUMB!!!

He is one of my fav players but he deserved to get hooked for that stupid play.

Anyone calling for him to be dropped is crazy. he was actually doing quiet well until that crap pass.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a silly pass, but we were on the 4th tackle and going nowhere. Hey if it comes of we would be calling hin a genuis.

bartman

Immortal
If you're referring to my post Bartman - I agree. I mean play him "off the bench" late in the match, as was done in the last 3 weeks.
Yep, agree. Some people (including me) were thinking Feleti might force his way back to the starting lineup by now, at Todd or Ben's expense? But I'm glad that's not going to happen.

yy_cheng

Coach
He has to stay in the team.

If we were in the same position as the Drags were today, we would've really needed him.

Imagine if he was playing for the drags today. The comeback might've happened

caylo

Bench
he is our forward x-factor to suggest leaving him out is possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard

No suggestion of bringing Paulo in was the dumbest thing Ive heard.

Next year I would imagibe our pack will be

Hindmarsh (backrower to do the hitups and tackles)
Smith (guy u use as a spot defender)
Mateo (skillfull forward)

We could then have Shak, Mannah and Cayless on the bench to come in and sustain teh go forward.

yosemite

Juniors
Mateo is our 2nd best player behind Hayne i.m.o and crucial towards how we deep we go in the payoffs. He saw an opportunity down that side with the pass and went with it . Sure it didn't come of, but it's the X-factor plays with his ability to attract defenders he brings that is all important.

It was more so Grothe's 2nd attempt at an intercept that costs us the try.

At the end of the day, we won convincingly & Mateo was great the time he was on the field. (bar that small indiscretion)

Mountain out of a molehill stuff really.

lingard

Coach
Terrific player though he is, he simply HAS to temper his play. He'll either learn the hard way or the easy way. But he WILL learn. Anderson will see to that.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
good lesson learnt for feleti, i reckon he knows what the repercussions could have been, and that's punishment enough.

besides that, he provided awesome impact off the bench yet again

hindy111

Post Whore
he lead the offload and was only on for 20 mins
dumb pass-we won so who cares-He will be there next game and he will set up something to get us out of trouble soon

Latest posts