What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was a dumb pass that could of cost us the game, DA had no other option than to hook him. Hopefully Mateo will learn from it and it will make a better player. If we are going to go much further in this comp we need to be playing at his best.

Bazal

Post Whore
Should have been hooked, what a stupid piece of play. But if you'd leave him out based on that you're deadset high.

He's not fit enough to move into the starting side yet and, at the moment, we're winning our games in the first 40 or so with some great defence. Mateo match fit can be a poor defender, but Mateo unfit as he is would be a spot player early on. Leave him on the bench where he can come on against tiring sides and kick us up a gear with his offloads, but tell him not to pop them 10 out from our line with no one in sight and surrounded by the opposition...

EelsFan05

Bench
Mateo should and will play off the bench. Don't crucify a man because of one mistake no matter how big a game or moment it is. He will win us many more games with offloads in similiar circumstances.

lingard

Coach
Mateo WILL be incredible next year. Anderson will temper his play, like he has done with Eric Grothe and Todd Lowrie. Under another coach, Mateo could end up like David Solomona - who had hands like silk - but never learnt when to use them and when not to. Fortunately, Mateo is in good hands.

Fee

Juniors
Mateo should and will play off the bench. Don't crucify a man because of one mistake no matter how big a game or moment it is. He will win us many more games with offloads in similiar circumstances.

I agree 100%, he is a great player. I dont think one mistake whether it was big or small should have people calling for him to not be played, he was not the only one on Sunday to make a mistake. Give him a little break. I dont think he will be doing that again( not after he was hooked).DA will teach him good things.:D

andrew057

First Grade
Like everyone said it was dumb, but I wasnt that annoyed. Its what he does. Usually comes up with diamonds, but this was a rock. I think he'll be into the game alot earlier this week as I see this game being alot more open. Ben and Todd were superb, but I think Eels will need 30+ to win this game.

Hanscholo

Bench
With that kinda of thinking im sure Mateo would slot right into the newcastle side. in fact we will let him go for 40/20 inside his own in goal and run it on the last tackle whenever he chooses to do so. Srsly though, great coaching to pull him off after that. I wish our coach had the same pride in a standard of football.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Like everyone said it was dumb, but I wasnt that annoyed. Its what he does. Usually comes up with diamonds, but this was a rock. I think he'll be into the game alot earlier this week as I see this game being alot more open. Ben and Todd were superb, but I think Eels will need 30+ to win this game.

Just to say something controversial, thats how Daniel Anderson described Jarryd Hayne, but I dont ever recall Jarryd Hayne being hooked.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was hooked not long back because I remember him applauding the crowd when he came off with 5 or 10 to go and Lukey went back to fullback

Although that was probably more so resting him than hooking him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was hooked not long back because I remember him applauding the crowd when he came off with 5 or 10 to go and Lukey went back to fullback

Although that was probably more so resting him than hooking him.

parra pete

Referee
I suggest the prophets of doom on this forum make him the new scapegoat to replace either Lowrie, Ben Smith, Reddy, Burt, Krisnan Inu, Robson, or Nathan Cayless.....YOU NEED someone to BLAME!!!!

I suggest the prophets of doom on this forum make him the new scapegoat to replace either Lowrie, Ben Smith, Reddy, Burt, Krisnan Inu, Robson, or Nathan Cayless.....YOU NEED someone to BLAME!!!!
How about Matt Keating Pete? He has been flying under the radar, dont you think?:lol:

parra pete

Referee
win. its always great to win - but someone - coach administrators players individually must cop the blame as it is never a team thing.

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon it was Pete's fault for Mateo passing.

Pete was probably yelling, Feleti Pass it, Pass it ...:)

parra pete

Referee
I yelled that in the local major semi final down here a couple of weeks ago. He ran though and scored a try...

lingard

Coach
Just to say something controversial, thats how Daniel Anderson described Jarryd Hayne, but I dont ever recall Jarryd Hayne being hooked.

The answer is:
1. Mateo has a HISTORY of being erratic with his passing game;
2. Anderson could not be sure that Mateo wouldn't throw another stupid pass and lose the game for us.
To get it in perspective, it was not a minor error of judgement; it was a monumentally stupid mistake that simply could not be ignored. I'm glad Daniel Anderson is on top of it.

Last edited:

Raudonikis

Juniors
funny how people bag mateo out now when 12 mths ago,or even B4 his injury he was our best player,and he will be again.For f**ks sake the bloke htrew 1 bad pass?
Yet as is the norm here the player gets crusified..everyone loves em when they win but bag em out if they lose...great team supporters parra have..2nd to saints in that reguard

Bazal

Post Whore
funny how people bag mateo out now when 12 mths ago,or even B4 his injury he was our best player,and he will be again.For f**ks sake the bloke htrew 1 bad pass?
Yet as is the norm here the player gets crusified..everyone loves em when they win but bag em out if they lose...great team supporters parra have..2nd to saints in that reguard

????

Only one person has had any kind of go at Mateo bar saying the pass was a shocker, and that is the OP who wants him left out...that's not everyone last I checked

Latest posts