What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Elliots coaching future

yobbo84

Coach
Wow.. that came out of nowhere! On a personal note I'd love to see Langy at Souths helping McRae in some capacity...

jed

First Grade
Elliott's not such a bad coach, I was one of the ones hoping he'd be retained.

yobbo84

Coach
Hey I just realised something... the two "in demand" coaches who have been snapped up brilliantly led their teams to last and second last respectively in 2005! And the two they've ousted.. one won the comp in 2003, 3rd in 2004 and the other the minor premiership in 2005...

This smells like Souths signing Langmack to 3 years after two close losses!

greeneyed

First Grade
Good luck Penrith... you're welcome to him... It will be a very miserable period for you with Elliott in charge. Elliott has been the Raiders worst ever coach, and driven the club into mediocrity.

If only Raiders management had the gumption and guts to tell Elliott to clear out his office by the end of the day, when he turns up at Battye Street tomorrow morning.

choc_soldier

Coach
What the f... :shock:

I knew Lang was hinting at perhaps leaving the club, but what a way to find out... that we have signed someone else.

And not just someone else. Matthew Elliot.

I am just gobsmacked.

That's all I will say at the moment.

cainen

Juniors
Are there any decent Canberra players off contract at the end of the year that Elliot might bring with him?

Raider_69

Post Whore
cainen said:
Are there any decent Canberra players off contract at the end of the year that Elliot might bring with him?

off contract players:

Jermaine Ale
Terry Campese
Marshall Chalk
Jason Croker
Bronx Goodwin
Phil Graham
Michael Hodgson
David Howell
Ben Jones
Terry Martin
Adrian Purtell
Alan Rothery
Jason Smith
Nathan Smith
Michael Weyman
Simon Woolford

of them, Graham might be a chance, was rumored to be waiting on elliotts decision before signing, however canberra have said they are close to coming to terms with him

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith have a bit of money to spend come July 1, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few players make the move up the Hume Highway with Elliot.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
This makes me feel just a little bit better about us signing Hagan :lol: I stand by my tip of Penrith for the spoon, worst management in Rugby League.

Lang :arrow: Newcastle?

Latest posts