What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

some11

Referee
When he figures out the 'nice garry' calls from the crowd are ironic.

Ar1RHWT.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He is an absolute liability at the moment and he's not even scoring runs.

This is going to end badly Imo

JJ

Immortal
Is Nevill on suicide watch? FFS, Warne is a powerful man - how long can the team tolerate his level of performance - keeper (I thought) sets the tone, not just with his verbal behaviour, but the quality of his work - aside from part timers keeping in limited overs I can't recall seeing a worse keeper in test cricket.

Maddinson too - harsh to drop a newbie, but seriously he gives a chance a ball - is Darsh fit again?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Is Nevill on suicide watch? FFS, Warne is a powerful man - how long can the team tolerate his level of performance - keeper (I thought) sets the tone, not just with his verbal behaviour, but the quality of his work - aside from part timers keeping in limited overs I can't recall seeing a worse keeper in test cricket.

Maddinson too - harsh to drop a newbie, but seriously he gives a chance a ball - is Darsh fit again?

Darsh would be back in but hes still injured.

JJ

Immortal
Darsh would be back in but hes still injured.
Would that be for Renshaw or Maddinson? I kind of worry about the influence of the Nine brigade (that is the only explanation that makes sense for Wade) and on the basis of similar geniused logic they've been pretty critical of Renshaw who looks the goods to me (in a developing Tom Latham, be patient he's good the foundation to be a good test player kind of way)

In contrast Maddinson's two tests have been kind of slapstick comedy in nature

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah there is a group gunning for Renshaw because he doesn't try and hit the bloody cover off it every time.

The fact that Warne and Clarke can maintain that going 'niiiiiiiiiiice Garyyyyy' after every ball is more important that keeping and batting is ridiculous.

Incorrect

Coach
If someone took a sign to the Boxing Day Test that simply said "Matthew Wade - STFU", do you reckon security would get it taken down??

If they didn't, I reckon Warne would go and take it down himself....

JJ

Immortal
Would Darsh be a good 6?

Thinking ahead to the Indian tour I reckon yes - he's probably as good as any of the Aussies against spin?

Really don't get the heat Renshaw seems to be getting, while Maddinson to some degree is getting a free pass yet looks so out of his depth it isn't funny, and Wade is just awful, but Warne and Clarke are desperate to blow him

Bazal

Post Whore
Thinking ahead to the Indian tour I reckon yes - he's probably as good as any of the Aussies against spin?

Really don't get the heat Renshaw seems to be getting, while Maddinson to some degree is getting a free pass yet looks so out of his depth it isn't funny, and Wade is just awful, but Warne and Clarke are desperate to blow him

Maddinson shouldnt have been picked over Patterson products Cartwright, but what's the point in giving players one or two tests and then flicking them? Give him a red ball test or two at least

TheParraboy

Staff member
fun facts - Sean MARSH

Averages 46.43 (9 tests) away from Australia.
34.23 (10 tests) at home
Averages 55.23 under Smiths captaincy (7 tests)
Averages 49.0 opening the batting (8 innings) and 54.11 coming in at 5 (9 innings)

Never played in the UAE or India, but in 3 tests (across 2 tours) averages 76.80 in SL.

He is our missing link to our success in the sub continent for mine, will be the first one picked..

Bazal

Post Whore
fun facts - Sean MARSH

Averages 46.43 (9 tests) away from Australia.
34.23 (10 tests) at home
Averages 55.23 under Smiths captaincy (7 tests)
Averages 49.0 opening the batting (8 innings) and 54.11 coming in at 5 (9 innings)

Never played in the UAE or India, but in 3 tests (across 2 tours) averages 76.80 in SL.

He is our missing link to our success in the sub continent for mine, will be the first one picked..

IMO he and Smith are our best players of spin. And he's the only merkin in contention who can play a sweep shot. Must go to India for mine

JJ

Immortal
Funny thing is Marsh has developed a reasonable career. If his brother can, and Wade can learn to catch we will know thrres some black magic voodoo shit going on, or the world's about to end

No sign of those latter two thankfully

Bazal

Post Whore
Smarsh is a reasonable cricketer who would have been a solid player over the years for us if not for injury and inconsistent selection. He's no star but he's better than some of the blokes we've given a go.