What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Ballin off contract at the end of 2012

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
should parra try and sign Matt Ballin who is off contract at the end of the year. And with manly having their focus on trying to resign Tony Williams and Kieran Foran parra should have a go at trying to sign Ballin.

he's a state of origin hooker and i believe most under-rated player in the nrl.

Because at the moment keating is doin nothing in attack and Mcgurie is lucky to get 20 mins.

Daneel

Bench
i was thinking along the same lines a couple of weeks ago. Now however what chance are we to attract any players to this rabble.

Eels Dude

Coach
i was thinking along the same lines a couple of weeks ago. Now however what chance are we to attract any players to this rabble.

Yeah unfortunately we're in that position now. We really need a quality dummy half for next year. We already lack depth in that position. We would have been better off retaining Mitchell instead of re-signing Maguire for this year.

MrT

Juniors
We won't be looking at him

why would we, we have Matt Keating. Isaac De Gois did we even look at him when he was available last year?

I'm not a Matt Ballin fan. To me he's a better version of Matt Keating

Daneel

Bench
why would we, we have Matt Keating. Isaac De Gois did we even look at him when he was available last year?

I'm not a Matt Ballin fan. To me he's a better version of Matt Keating

Im not his biggest fan either, but wouldn't we be better off with a better version of matt keating than the version we have?

cv8z

Juniors
We need other forwards before a hooker
Watching Gallen tonight is what we lack
Heart!

Daneel

Bench
not for the money you would have to offer him

Sorry, didn't realize you had connections to Matt Ballin to know what offer he would except.

However as earlier stated what player would want to come here at the moment no matter what the coin.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We won't be looking at him

So who are we looking at Jodeci?
And where do you see things ending up for our club this year as well as heading into next year?

Watched Jeff Robson play tonight as well as last Monday night. Can see why so many points are now leaking either side of the Eels ruck, including wide out. On his day, Sandow may be a better attacker but Robson is playing better than Sandow and is much further ahead than Roberts. And what was he costing our club? For the misgivings Robbo offers here and there over a season, they look minor compared to the disaster of our present mob, particularly Roberts & Sandow in defence. Over a season, the points Robbo saves & provides in attack appears to be far greater than the points Sandow & Roberts provide collectively. If we kept Robbo, which we should have, we would still have had plenty of spare cap $$$$ available to buy quality team/power players needed.

Last edited:

MrT

Juniors
Sorry, didn't realize you had connections to Matt Ballin to know what offer he would except.

However as earlier stated what player would want to come here at the moment no matter what the coin.

don't need to know Matt Ballin to know what kind of coin he could demand.

Hayne $500k+, and never met him in my life

Daneel

Bench
don't need to know Matt Ballin to know what kind of coin he could demand.

Hayne $500k+, and never met him in my life

So since you know so much tell me how much it would take for ballin to sign for the eels. Any d*ckhead can name a marquee player and say his worth 500+, that still doesn't answer how much money you would have to throw at him to sign for a particular club.

MrT

Juniors
Matt Ballin is a tackling machine, that's it. Ballin wouldn't come for less than $280k, more like $300k+ I'd rather go for one of the youngsters from Dragons or Titans.

Titans have Srama locked up. That Lawton kid played well when given a chance.
Dragons have Cameron King and Mitch Rein, both can play

natheel

Coach
Yeah unfortunately we're in that position now. We really need a quality dummy half for next year. We already lack depth in that position. We would have been better off retaining Mitchell instead of re-signing Maguire for this year.

to be brutally honest

we should've kept both morts and robbo

Robbo would do better at hooker than MK and can defend better too.

Morts puts in more than MK and never stops trying.

these 2 are the types of players parra need. they are triers and passionate players.

MK is a good defender but offers nothing in attack

Mcguire is the opposite offers some zip but not a great defender

having them on at the same time is a silly idea

natheel

Coach
Matt Ballin is a tackling machine, that's it. Ballin wouldn't come for less than $280k, more like $300k+ I'd rather go for one of the youngsters from Dragons or Titans.

Titans have Srama locked up. That Lawton kid played well when given a chance.
Dragons have Cameron King and Mitch Rein, both can play

Rein is 100% south coast kid he won't leave he lives 5 minutes from me and deadset he lives and breathes the dragons

King would be a good pick up

what about aaron payne....he may be a bit older but he's a good player still. sign him up for the last 3 years of his career would bring a professional outlook to that position