What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Bowen

y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know

Great interview

They would get more sense asking questions of the goalposts at the Willows

legend

Coach
Willow has goalposts at his house?

Thurston isn't much better to be honest. Neither hold a candle to Shane Webcke and Petero when it comes to graamar and elocution.

Charlie124

First Grade
have you listened to craig bellamy being interviewed? its pretty much the same dialogue. "y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know" then every now and then he throws in a "mate ahhhhhhhhh"

legend

Coach
Agreed, starting with the two they had on tonight. Some players should be given lessons on how to deal with the media.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
does it matter he plays football, and is bloody awesome

Michael Jennings isnt to bright either but he carves up

Charlie124

First Grade
Whats more concerning are the morons WHOS JOB it is talk in front of the camera (im looking at you Laurie, Gordon and Jason (stevens))

badav

Bench
Nathan Brown is the worst "you know" there ever was. Every second word, seriously.

I dont see the harm in giving players a bit of a tip on how to deal with interviews. Gasnier does it pretty well and i dont reckon hes any smarter than any of them.

Shorty

Staff member
themanonthehill said:

Great interview

This coming from the person who has less class than Warwick Capper:roll:

Matt Bowen is not a big talker,everybody knows that as are many greats in the NRL,I didn't realise they had to take a media course to be interviewed.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
much worse when Tallis is asking the questions. :crazy:

I dont like interviews when the players say you know every 2-3 words, but I think sometimes its nerves.

Take like Willie Mason, love him or hate him, but I think he speaks well, doesnt say the same words, and is easy to understand.

Shane Webcke is the best though, wouldnt surprise if he gets a job in TV.

mattyg

Bench
yet some fools still think Willie Mason is a terrible public speaker...

i hate the old "one week at a time" kind of players.

Charlie124

First Grade
I heard Webcke had a TV job lined up, but on ch7 so obviously not to do with footy. Some players take a shine to being in front of the mic, Mason, Gaz, Benji for example, while other players clearly arent as used to it and struggle to spit out what they have to say. I get the impression from matty bowen that he just isnt comfortable/interested in talking about himself/his form.

Titanic

First Grade
Charlie124 said:
I heard Webcke had a TV job lined up, but on ch7 so obviously not to do with footy.
Webcke's dial can only be viewed on a wide screen. I just thought of Fatty's only ever funny comment on TFS when he stopped mid-sentence to tell Paul Osbourne "gee, mate - I've never noticed before - you've got a huge melon". lmao

legend

Coach
He's a union rep and a former Raider so what did you expect? ;-)

I notice Todd Payten looks extremely uncomfortable in front of the camera.

HevyDevy

Coach
Mark McLinden was always a brilliant interview.

Extremely articulate, sounded a bit like a professor!

Petero is brilliant too.

I've got to say though that I enjoy Nathan Hindmarsh - completely relaxed and always hilarious.

Snoop

Coach
themanonthehill said:

Great interview

Pretty rich coming from the man who's main contribution to these forums 'six pocket theory, six pocket theory, six pocket theory, six pocket theory, six pocket theory, six pocket theory, six pocket theory.