What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty re-signs until end of 2019

Bench
Of course the fox amongst the chickens is a TPA.
We are so far behind other clubs it is an embarrassment.
We need someone to chase TPA for our club.

ouryears

Bench
Spare me ouryears. I've usually ignored your posts for good reason. It's obvious you have no idea.
Come on DQ, Dufty is a young guy in his first year who has done some great things for us.

His errors are small compared to the great things he has done.

More to learn but going well.
I wished we had him earlier.

st penguin

Juniors
That statement that we would probably be 8th to 10th place without Dufty is spot on. I doubt that any of Dufty's errors have cost us any games, but his brilliance has won us numerous games.

Yeah, I already thought the same thing before this post. In particular the games against sharks and raiders where he created tries out of nowhere that ended up being the difference.

Losing those two games alone drop us to 5th.

If you include that game wining try against eels (which is more of a stretch) - we would be in eighth.

BennyV

Referee
Of course the fox amongst the chickens is a TPA.
We are so far behind other clubs it is an embarrassment.
We need someone to chase TPA for our club.
Well yes. Couple this with the fact that Dufty, as a small, exciting local junior has become one of our most marketable players, and I'd be shocked if there genuinely wasnt any local businesses lining up to sponsor him. This should be a no brainer.

st.phil

Bench
Surely you are jesting. No way in hell he was offered that sort of coin by us. The Hasler/Castle debacle is now laughable. I feel a small amount of pity (not much) for the Doggie fans.
Nah 4 hundy from the Dogs, mil for three years from us is what I heard at time , decent source too

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah, I already thought the same thing before this post. In particular the games against sharks and raiders where he created tries out of nowhere that ended up being the difference.

Losing those two games alone drop us to 5th.

If you include that game wining try against eels (which is more of a stretch) - we would be in eighth.
No one likes Duff more than me as was in same classes as his dad at high school.
He is that exciting fast back that has a good passing game and a good hole runner, try scorer that we have not had in years. But since the Sharks game in Round 6, teams have woken up to his cross field running searching for a hole and watching him in the past 6-10 weeks (more so against Melb and Tigers) he is doing that far too often when we are trying to get out of trouble and another thing that has crept into his game is he is dying at the line when gaps are closed. He needs to back his speed more to break tackles running straight. I know he is still light and has to build more confidence but it does not stop Kurt Mann, Holmes and other lighter weight backs running hard and straight at the line. Just my take...:D

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With the Dogs I feel it is karma and have no pity at all. Why because they were negotiating with Hasler whilst his team was still in the finals. Then forced Hasler to make a decision before Manly can talk to him after winning the comp and upgrade his contract. It was pretty dirty tactics. They also tapped up BMoz throwing money at him 1 year before his contract was up. Hence why he left and did not want to honour his contract. THey should have banned Willie Mason and Ben Barba for doing stuff other clubs have been forced to sack their players e.g Carney, Dugan and Fanou-Blake did far less and were cut from their teams to what Mason and Barba did. Instead Dogs made up crap to make sure not only they stayed but only miss a handful of games only as punishment. They are by far the biggest crooks in the league it is not funny and it has finally caught up on them.

Also their fans are waiting in anticipation for Saints to lose a few more games or in the finals to call us Chokers like they usually do. I already got that from Dogs supporters as soon as the Dragons lost their 1st game of the season.

Como Connection

First Grade
With the Dogs I feel it is karma and have no pity at all. Why because they were negotiating with Hasler whilst his team was still in the finals. Then forced Hasler to make a decision before Manly can talk to him after winning the comp and upgrade his contract. It was pretty dirty tactics. They also tapped up BMoz throwing money at him 1 year before his contract was up. Hence why he left and did not want to honour his contract. THey should have banned Willie Mason and Ben Barba for doing stuff other clubs have been forced to sack their players e.g Carney, Dugan and Fanou-Blake did far less and were cut from their teams to what Mason and Barba did. Instead Dogs made up crap to make sure not only they stayed but only miss a handful of games only as punishment. They are by far the biggest crooks in the league it is not funny and it has finally caught up on them.

Also their fans are waiting in anticipation for Saints to lose a few more games or in the finals to call us Chokers like they usually do. I already got that from Dogs supporters as soon as the Dragons lost their 1st game of the season.
Plus the Bulldogs ex CEO now runs the NRL
CC

Latest posts