What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

ALSGI

Bench
Dufty is definately a highlight of 2017.
A few of us were murdered on here for suggesting himself and Field in the off season. Both too small, to young etc. I still reckon we could have persisted with Field, would half offered more than McCroan imo. At the very least I'd have him on the Wing for Nighty.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
I am impressed the way that Matty is coming along. A bit at a time .He is holding back a little in my opinion ,which I believe is great planning. Always had a great opinion of him since his junior days. All I will say is to our supporters jump on the wagon and hang on for the ride. It will be sensational

Lancelot:D

Crush

Coach
Dufty is definately a highlight of 2017.
A few of us were murdered on here for suggesting himself and Field in the off season. Both too small, to young etc. I still reckon we could have persisted with Field, would half offered more than McCroan imo. At the very least I'd have him on the Wing for Nighty.
Unfortunately I think these days wingers have to be quite solid and strong. If you think nighty is getting man-handled, thrown into touch and pushed back imagine what would happen to field?
Thats why they bought Macdonald ;)

dragonssamy61

First Grade
What do you think about Field? To me he's an out and out 5/8th. I reckon he'll have a huge season next season in reserves. That could put some pressure on Widdop and make it very difficult for the club to retain him.

Jonesy
I think field will be like locky or benny hornby.
That is he will start he nrl career as a fullback and then move to 5/8.
I think he chance for 1st grade next year is as a of the bench impact player.
But he needs to be use correctly.
Mary stuffed him up by only giving him 5 or 10 minutes or nothing.
He needs minutes.
Bring him on last 20 minutes with a Roaming roll.
But we know mary want do that.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/dufty-wants-more-than-his-name-in-lights/tabid/10874/newsid/111566/default.aspx

I'm a huge Dufty fan OT but there is some truth to the arrogance. Albeit he does seem to have learnt his lesson and seems quite circumspect now. I particularly like his passion and respect for the Red V.

Hornby benched him very early on in his career to teach him a lesson. Dufty volunteered this in an interview.

He not arrogant now.
When he first mad U20's there was but he has learnt no to expect everything will come easy.
He a good kid.
He wants to learn and is giving it a shot.
Of the field I have met him a offical functions and un offical and he was well behaved and not full of himself.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Field needs more time in lower grades regardless of what position he ends up in, but it depends where the opportunities will be. We have already shown our intent of pairing Widdop and Hunt in the halves so that's probably going to stay barring injury. I think Field will probably end up competing with Dufty for fullback but if Dufty continues to develop his game he will make it harder for Field to break into the team.

He may become a impact player.
Imo.
Where he can come on as the defence is slowing down.

ALSGI

Bench
Unfortunately I think these days wingers have to be quite solid and strong. If you think nighty is getting man-handled, thrown into touch and pushed back imagine what would happen to field?
Thats why they bought Macdonald ;)
They'd have to catch him first !!
Nighty's size was previously compensated by some speed, which he's now lost.
French was no bigger than Field when he came into FG on the wing.
Our coach has no clue how to use our young speedsters.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
They'd have to catch him first !!
Nighty's size was previously compensated by some speed, which he's now lost.
French was no bigger than Field when he came into FG on the wing.
Our coach has no clue how to use our young speedsters.

ALSGI
Field with a further full of season will put on a few kgs but he want put on to much.
He still learning the game.
He was a touch footballer.
I think he is learning.
But its fields attitude that needs to be better.
He seem really switched on in the second half of the year.
So hopefully that remains.

redVinme

Bench
I see field being in the connor watson mold. Versitile young kid that may struggle for consistant mins for the moment. Miles of talent,able to cover multiple positions and great turn of pace

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Thought this was a Dufty thread waiting for Mrs drag queen to shoot him down in flames come on drag where are you .why don't you put the boot into field as well (too small can't defend all that shit) why don't you change your name to Mrs dragemdown Queen .

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The "Field too small for the wing" sounds a heullva lot like "dufty too small for FB"...

I'd like to see Field on the wing and his speed will trouble most sides. He can also jump quite well so he can contest the ball think Beven French from Para.

Neve needs time in Reggies, need to run the ball at top speed. Give him a run in the second row.

watatank

Coach
A back three that includes Dufty, Field and whoever would be very weak especially when we have had so much success with a back three of Dugan, MacDonald and Nightingale who make big metres and tough runs.

Vinnie

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Hunt makes a move to dummy half further down the track and Field comes into the halves. Bennett may have started something and have to admit he looks great in the 9 when attacking.

ALSGI

Bench
Don't be surprised if Hunt makes a move to dummy half further down the track and Field comes into the halves. Bennett may have started something and have to admit he looks great in the 9 when attacking.
Yep, I like the prospect, but Donkeys have two decent halves and I wouldnt be replacing McInnes just yet, he's been good in his first full season in FG and is young.
There'll be some options for our supercoach next year in the halves and dummy with Widdop, Hunt, Mann, McIness ... and Field not to mention a couple of other juniors.
McGenius over to you.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I doubt it.
Hunt will be our #7 baring injuries and rep duties. Its then we may see Field come in as acting half.
Ww have a good dummy half in McInnes and a promising junior in Robson who will advance over the next few years.

Latest posts