What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Old Timer

Coach
I doubt it.
Hunt will be our #7 baring injuries and rep duties. Its then we may see Field come in as acting half.
Ww have a good dummy half in McInnes and a promising junior in Robson who will advance over the next few years.
I agree with you.
Imagine if we brought a half (only needed 1 for > 40 years) to play hooker that would be incredible.
I think Mc Inness has had a great year and will benefit greatly for it.
This place gets sillier by the day for even contemplating this type of crap.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Hunt makes a move to dummy half further down the track and Field comes into the halves. Bennett may have started something and have to admit he looks great in the 9 when attacking.

Please.

Bennett is only playing him at hooker so he can use his halves for next year, together. If that doesn't work, then he can go find another half somewhere else.

Hunt will be our 7 and will be running the team around the park.

McGinuess has been great and our 17 should be someone like Field. He can play in the backs and also sub at hooker.

Incidentally Mann to right centre.

Drag Queen

Bench
Thought this was a Dufty thread waiting for Mrs drag queen to shoot him down in flames come on drag where are you .why don't you put the boot into field as well (too small can't defend all that shit) why don't you change your name to Mrs dragemdown Queen .
Obsessed much,
Clown.

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
I think it's important to remember that Dufty has only played six games and he has a mountain of improvement to make in his game, particularly defensively.

Despite the fact that he is indisputably green, in those six games, he's amassed two tries, three try assists, six line breaks, three line break assists, five offloads and thirty tackle busts and is averaging over 122 run metres a game.

For comparisons sake, Dugan has played 16 games and has the same number of try assists, 10 line breaks to Dufty's 6, 6 line break assists to Dufty's 3, 94 tackle busts to Dufty's 30 and 14 offloads to Dufty's 5. Again, Dugan has played nearly three times the games that Dufty has and he's an established Kangaroo-level rep player, while Dufty is a 21 year old in his first year out of Holden Cup. The only area Dugan is noticeably superior to Dufty is try saves (Dugan still only has two) and run metres, and even then, Dugan's averaging 138 to Dufty's 122, which isn't a massive difference.

Point is, I said I didn't want Dufty in grade til next year and he's shown that my wife was right: I am an absolute idiot.

JDHD

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Hunt makes a move to dummy half further down the track and Field comes into the halves. Bennett may have started something and have to admit he looks great in the 9 when attacking.

I feel like most of that is just because Hunt has the ball in his hands more. He was at his best in 2015 when he was a floating half who could follow the ball wherever it went, which is basically what he's doing now at hooker.

Plus McInnes is having a breakout season and Reece Robson is the best young hooker in the country so.......you know.

JDHD

Juniors
He not arrogant now.
When he first mad U20's there was but he has learnt no to expect everything will come easy.
He a good kid.
He wants to learn and is giving it a shot.
Of the field I have met him a offical functions and un offical and he was well behaved and not full of himself.

And if the rumours about James Graham are true, Dufty will have any residual arrogance beaten out of him over the summer.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Comparing Dufty to Dugan please one is an international the other has half a dozen first grade games Dufty has stats to match Dugan game for game. Dufty wil tear Dugan apart for stats next year and will go on to play for Australia

JDHD

Juniors
Comparing Dufty to Dugan please one is an international the other has half a dozen first grade games Dufty has stats to match Dugan game for game. Dufty wil tear Dugan apart for stats next year and will go on to play for Australia

That was the point I was trying to make. Obviously wasn't clear enough, my bad.

JDHD

Juniors
No idea where you have got the impression Dufty is arrogant.

If you have heard it from some one in here i think you'll find its confidence more then arrogance.
JDHD
He already learned his lesson as I said good kid.
True Graham don't put up with shite

I don't believe he's any more or less arrogant than any normal 21 year old. I'm just saying that if there is an issue there (which I doubt) Jems will see to it that he's put in line.

possm

Coach
Please.

Bennett is only playing him at hooker so he can use his halves for next year, together. If that doesn't work, then he can go find another half somewhere else.

Hunt will be our 7 and will be running the team around the park.

McGinuess has been great and our 17 should be someone like Field. He can play in the backs and also sub at hooker.

Incidentally Mann to right centre.
I think Robson will be the back up hooker next year. Would like to see Aitken on the bench to cover outside backs and backrow forwards.

Carlton

Juniors
I think it's important to remember that Dufty has only played six games and he has a mountain of improvement to make in his game, particularly defensively.

Despite the fact that he is indisputably green, in those six games, he's amassed two tries, three try assists, six line breaks, three line break assists, five offloads and thirty tackle busts and is averaging over 122 run metres a game.

For comparisons sake, Dugan has played 16 games and has the same number of try assists, 10 line breaks to Dufty's 6, 6 line break assists to Dufty's 3, 94 tackle busts to Dufty's 30 and 14 offloads to Dufty's 5. Again, Dugan has played nearly three times the games that Dufty has and he's an established Kangaroo-level rep player, while Dufty is a 21 year old in his first year out of Holden Cup. The only area Dugan is noticeably superior to Dufty is try saves (Dugan still only has two) and run metres, and even then, Dugan's averaging 138 to Dufty's 122, which isn't a massive difference.

Point is, I said I didn't want Dufty in grade til next year and he's shown that my wife was right: I am an absolute idiot.

The stats for Dugan are both at fullback and centre, if you just look at the stats for fullback Dugan has run on average 163m compared to Dufty's 123m and Dugan has run double the metres on kick returns. I don't know how the stat for trying saving tackles has been arrived at but Dugan has considerably more than two.

redVinme

Bench
The stats for Dugan are both at fullback and centre, if you just look at the stats for fullback Dugan has run on average 163m compared to Dufty's 123m and Dugan has run double the metres on kick returns. I don't know how the stat for trying saving tackles has been arrived at but Dugan has considerably more than two.

Dufty has also clearly been instructed to pass the ball off on kick return too though so his runs per match would be down

getsmarty

Immortal
I think Robson will be the back up hooker next year. Would like to see Aitken on the bench to cover outside backs and backrow forwards.

Don't understand why Mary hasn't given Robson shorts spells off the bench this year...He hardly ever uses the 17th man so why not give Robson 10 mins...probably too late at this stage of the year.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Is Dugan a better fullback, hell yeah. Am I glad Dufty was given an opportunity this year as Dugan won't be, hell yeah.

Latest posts