What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

possm

Coach
Hayne & Nirman you say and all the cost of Widdop
I find that hard to believe and abhorrent

You can't look past the fact that befor the start of the 2019 season, Widdop asked for a release from his contract. To me, a creditable reason for suddenly requestion a release was not given. I'd guess that Widdop was worried about his shoulder injury and probably had an argument with Mary about plans for season 2019.

Price later revealed that he had approached Widdop to join his club in the ESL.

Negotiations between the Club and Widdop regarding an early release resulted in a release date at the end of the 2019 season.

So in the end, we have Norman and Widdop for 2019. If Widdop was released prior to the start of the season and if Hayne was not charged with sexual assault, it is very likely that we would have ended up with Widdop leaving and the signing of Hayne and Norman.

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks getsmarty for this post. Hopefully, from the point of view that he was a Dragons player and he did score some scintillating tries for us and, well, he was an actual Dragon born and bred in the area (Hurstville), I wish him all the very best and luck over in England and his time with the Warrington Wolves - I'm going to try and watch his debut game against Huddersfield Giants on Saturday.

denis preston

First Grade
I hope his "misses "has a name ! Said he hopes for 2 good years at Warrington but I note he is signed for 3 !
Wish him all the best and I think we all reckon that he will carve it up over there.

John Fifita

Coach
Good luck to Matt.

Hard to find another player who brought us moments of sparkle over the last x amount of years. Yeah he had some problems with his game but when he was on he was on.
Some problems!
The Bulldogs said he was shizen! What does that tell you?

Thanks getsmarty for this post. Hopefully, from the point of view that he was a Dragons player and he did score some scintillating tries for us and, well, he was an actual Dragon born and bred in the area (Hurstville), I wish him all the very best and luck over in England and his time with the Warrington Wolves - I'm going to try and watch his debut game against Huddersfield Giants on Saturday.
Not to be that guy… but I believe he was a Penshurst junior.

Like most here I wish him the best too. It didn’t work out with us it that’s how it goes some time.

P.s: My surname is not “Dufty”. 😊

getsmarty

Immortal
Well Said @Dragon David.

Gareth67

First Grade
Me !!! Johns, Tony Quirk, Col Fraser, Kevin O'sullivan

Always liked Dennis Preston and he could certainly kicked the goals . Recall one season ( in the 60’s ) when he and the great Eric Simms were neck and neck for the seasons top point scorer - think that Simms got there in the end by a few 2 pointer field goals .

Latest posts