What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Mr Red

First Grade
Never mind the real story.

He dominated 20s because his lack of size was offset by space in defensive lines.

There is less space at NRL level.

I don’t think his sudden lack of understanding on how to catch a bomb or talk to his wingers when calling for a kick has anything to do with size...

j0nesy

Bench
Never mind the real story.

He dominated 20s because his lack of size was offset by space in defensive lines.

There is less space at NRL level.

There was a bloke by the name of Billy Slater, he went alright for a small bloke. Another guy by the name of Thurston wasn’t bad either.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dugan should’ve been retained.

End of story.

Dufty is Adam Quinlan Mark II.

Apparently, Millward is doing a “good job”.

dragons77

Juniors
We can criticize every player and do this painfully so, as supporters. Problem is not players, it is how they are prepared mentally. Four years straight, we flop at back end of season. Coaching staff are the blame, need to put a broom through whole place, sack mary and all the coaching staff. Enough is enough and that simple.

rednwhites

Juniors
I'll let the new coach decide what he wants to do with Dufty. Someone like Bennett will have a clear idea on what to do with him/his defensive weaknesses. Easy to jump on Matthew but we need to start by getting the coach right and as I type this I feel I have been saying the same thing 3 years straight...

j0nesy

Bench
Dugan should’ve been retained.

End of story.

Dufty is Adam Quinlan Mark II.

Apparently, Millward is doing a “good job”.
Come on, he had a below average game and now you want him sacked and you want a bloke back who only played half of each season. He wasn’t even the worst.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'll let the new coach decide what he wants to do with Dufty. Someone like Bennett will have a clear idea on what to do with him/his defensive weaknesses. Easy to jump on Matthew but we need to start by getting the coach right and as I type this I feel I have been saying the same thing 3 years straight...

In the unlikely event Bennett returns, I have huge doubts Dufty would be fullback.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
There was a bloke by the name of Billy Slater, he went alright for a small bloke. Another guy by the name of Thurston wasn’t bad either.
There was a bloke named Les Johns that played for Canterbury....he was diminutive but a great player and reliable under high balls , defence you name it......as I stated McGregor cant do anything about his size and im not sure he has the coaching nouse to develop his mental approach to the game

j0nesy

Bench
There was a bloke named Les Johns that played for Canterbury....he was diminutive but a great player and reliable under high balls , defence you name it......as I stated McGregor cant do anything about his size and im not sure he has the coaching nouse to develop his mental approach to the game
Gary Jack, Michael Potter...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Come on, he had a below average game and now you want him sacked and you want a bloke back who only played half of each season. He wasn’t even the worst.

Dufty has put in several substandard games, and his deficiencies are there for all to see.

Even on one leg, Dugan is better.

gitano

Juniors
Don't worry about that. Slater has always played bigger than the scales suggest. Thurston was poor defensively but improved. Remains to be seen if Dufty can.
Slater has always had a bit of c*** about him. Dufty is too nice.

Mr Red

First Grade
Don't worry about that. Slater has always played bigger than the scales suggest. Thurston was poor defensively but improved. Remains to be seen if Dufty can.

The “too nice”part can apply to most of the first grade team.
Sims and Graham the only two with enough mongrel needed....
This is half our problem when the going gets tough and other teams lift the intensity and aggression, we don’t have anything to respond with...

j0nesy

Bench

True, I actually think he is better defensively than Thurston when Thurston first started. That’s my point, his tackle on Moses towards the end of the game showed he has it in him (c*** and potential). Size is not the real Issue.