What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

mickeylane

Bench
Nico Hynes should be our target - a potentially great fullback for the next 5 years and beyond .. there was talk that Broncs are after him but if they miss out will be targeting Dufty!!! I have a suspicion though that Dragons are eying off someone for the FB role ....

_Johnsy

Referee
My take on the Dufty scenario. There are two thoughts

A) If the club were keen to retain him they would've by now (could also have one eye on another target).
B) Dufty and his management are chasing more $$$ (more than the club think he is worth).

Walpole

Juniors
For those pushing for Nicho Hynes, if we do get him, or he goes to another club, just don't be surprised if he is not as good as he was in the Storm system. For that matter, you also shouldn't be shocked when JAC doesn't score 6 tries in a game for the Bulldogs next season.

SET2JT

Juniors
For those pushing for Nicho Hynes, if we do get him, or he goes to another club, just don't be surprised if he is not as good as he was in the Storm system. For that matter, you also shouldn't be shocked when JAC doesn't score 6 tries in a game for the Bulldogs next season.
I doubt he will score that many all season at the dogs.

possm

Coach
Duffy needs to man up and tackle head on. Simple
I don't know how he got this far.
Griffin must make him take on Bromwich or Welch. Drop those to Bitches and you've got a new contract
I doubt very much that Dufty will be our fullback in 2022.

Illusion

Bench
Agree , lets reverse this what if Dufty went to the storm would he improve in their system .... Id say yes and would be scoring more tries than he has with a struggling team that has been imbedded with Mary's Dragons Footy .....

BLM01

First Grade
My take on the Dufty scenario. There are two thoughts

A) If the club were keen to retain him they would've by now (could also have one eye on another target).
B) Dufty and his management are chasing more $$$ (more than the club think he is worth).
And limited bites from elsewhere
I believe Dufty will stay on similar or just slightly more money at best

Dragon David

First Grade
I am sure that the Broncos are after Hynes , however regardless , totally agree with what Walpole has said - leaving the Storm will means that their future success depends entirely upon their own skills .
There have not been many players leave the Storm and kill it elsewhere, maybe Cooper Cronk. We got Widdop and he wasn't too bad but not great. I could write a list but not worth it.

It is much better joining the Storm than leaving it in my opinion.

Gareth67

First Grade
From memory the only big name - or should I say big reputation was the Bulldogs Kassiano who couldn’t fit into their style of play . Bellamy had him on a strict diet and off the Big Macs , but all to no avail .

Come to think of it where did he finish up ? Not that I really give a sparrows fart , but I recall that he said he wasn’t interested in joining the Dragons which proved a good thing as we got James Graham the following year .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
From memory the only big name - or should I say big reputation was the Bulldogs Kassiano who couldn’t fit into their style of play . Bellamy had him on a strict diet and off the Big Macs , but all to no avail .

Come to think of it where did he finish up ? Not that I really give a sparrows fart , but I recall that he said he wasn’t interested in joining the Dragons which proved a good thing as we got James Graham the following year .
Kasiano joined Super League club Catalan Dragons in 2019. He has never looked back - hehehe!

possm

Coach
Agree , lets reverse this what if Dufty went to the storm would he improve in their system .... Id say yes and would be scoring more tries than he has with a struggling team that has been imbedded with Mary's Dragons Footy .....
I doubt he would make the 17.
Who would he replace at the storm?
Why aren't any of the top 5 clubs chasing him, at 350k he is a budget buy?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Illusion

Bench
I doubt he would make the 17.
Who would he replace at the storm?
Why aren't any of the top 5 clubs chasing him, at 350k he is a budget buy?
He would be playing even if it was off the bench and used right would be a weapon in attack ..... If you dont rate him thats your opinion mine differs .... In a team that has struggled to score points he is doing ok .....