What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Crush

Coach
So why is it that McGuire gets penalised (which they score from) and put on report for tackling JAC around the hips where he gets his legs in an awkward position. JAC then fully recovers and plays on.
Yet 2 blokes grab Dufty by wrapping their arms around his entire body and slam him into the turf and that’s OK, nothing to see here, play on.
Dufty out for 6 weeks and JAC plays on with McGuire on report.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
The thing that impressed me yesterday was his attitude - when the game situation required it, he seemed to take it upon himself to change the momentum.

It was a very interesting display of leadership from a much maligned player on a relatively small contract. And a fascinating contrast to a certain other half.

jeffdragon

Bench
So why is it that McGuire gets penalised (which they score from) and put on report for tackling JAC around the hips where he gets his legs in an awkward position. JAC then fully recovers and plays on.
Yet 2 blokes grab Dufty by wrapping their arms around his entire body and slam him into the turf and that’s OK, nothing to see here, play on.
Dufty out for 6 weeks and JAC plays on with McGuire on report.
The commentators talk shit.
Nothing said about olam.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The try Dufty created was all class. When he came off is then I realised geez, we need this guy big time as he was really causing trouble to Melb. He stepped up. I think Saints should really look to lock him up as teams will start throwing cash at him and it will cost them heaps more.

As for his defence when it comes to bombs and grubbers in goal. I am sure the coaching staff will work on that to improve 100%.

Phantom V

Juniors
The thing that impressed me yesterday was his attitude - when the game situation required it, he seemed to take it upon himself to change the momentum.

It was a very interesting display of leadership from a much maligned player on a relatively small contract. And a fascinating contrast to a certain other half.

Juniors
Beautiful thing about dufty is that he has shopped himself around with no clubs taking up the offer. Im sure we will give him a contract but it will be at a great price considering his attacking abilities.

Phantom V

Juniors
He was brilliant yesterday before doing his shoulder. I’m not exactly sure what the bloke has to do but he did everything right yesterday.
Well said Jonesy. He was the standout player on the field until he got injured. I’d go so far to say that had no players been sent off and Duff stays on, we would have been a good chance of coming home with the 2 points.
On a side note, my inside mail is that Hook wasn’t too happy with him playing a halves role and let him know about it at half time. Unfortunately he’s on the outer and he’s not happy with the way he’s being treated. If Dufty was in the right system, aka Storm, he would be

Phantom V

Juniors
Sorry posted the wrong reply.

As I was saying if he was in the right system he would shine as a lot of other players have done before him.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Well said Jonesy. He was the standout player on the field until he got injured. I’d go so far to say that had no players been sent off and Duff stays on, we would have been a good chance of coming home with the 2 points.
On a side note, my inside mail is that Hook wasn’t too happy with him playing a halves role and let him know about it at half time. Unfortunately he’s on the outer and he’s not happy with the way he’s being treated. If Dufty was in the right system, aka Storm, he would be
PV: any word as to why Hook was unhappy?

Too many try assists?
Mucking up his supercoach points?