What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

mickeylane

Bench
I think Dufty deficiencies can be minimised w a slight of hand by the coaching staff.

1. High balls hopefully he needs to self improve look at Rava this year... glue on his hands!

2. He should never be allowed to carry ball out of dummy half near our line - never!

3. If he does field a deep kick he should be linking up and offloading to a bigger body in the supporting winger to kick return

4. Cleaning up balls in our in goal is a mindset - basically play safety first at all times .. it’s a mental thing that coaching staff have to in-still in him and let him know thats his job as the last line of defence.

5. Generally his support play is terry lamb like - it’s brilliant and think he can score a load of tries this year just trailing the middle men - no better support player in the NRL on his day.. daylight second

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I think Dufty deficiencies can be minimised w a slight of hand by the coaching staff.

1. High balls hopefully he needs to self improve look at Rava this year... glue on his hands!

2. He should never be allowed to carry ball out of dummy half near our line - never!

3. If he does field a deep kick he should be linking up and offloading to a bigger body in the supporting winger to kick return

4. Cleaning up balls in our in goal is a mindset - basically play safety first at all times .. it’s a mental thing that coaching staff have to in-still in him and let him know thats his job as the last line of defence.

5. Generally his support play is terry lamb like - it’s brilliant and think he can score a load of tries this year just trailing the middle men - no better support player in the NRL on his day.. daylight second
All points you make are valid, particularly 2 & 3; in regards to you last point ML, couldn’t see why if his support play continues to flourish and he follows blokes like Simms, Norman, Merrin, Bird & Hunt like a drover’s dog he couldn’t claim twenty odd tries for the year.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
So our new coaches have had 1 off season and three NRL games to get Dufty to fix his shortcomings. Let's give them some time, I think he will get better.

Funny thing is the game is suited to him with the high speed speed/exhaustion based game.

Previously we have complained about his positional play in defence, well that's gotten much better. For whatever reason the last two weeks he was in position to knock the ball over the sideline and stuffed it up. I'm expecting to see a vast improvement in this area.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I hope your watching Papps tonite Matt....4 tries before half time and he hasnt finished yet....said to my wife after his second he will score 4 or 5 tonite.....and do you know why because he wants it bad...hits the line hard and never off the ball....and believe or not Dufty is 3 kgs heavier...this bloke seriously is a freak

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope your watching Papps tonite Matt....4 tries before half time and he hasnt finished yet....said to my wife after his second he will score 4 or 5 tonite.....and do you know why because he wants it bad...hits the line hard and never off the ball....and believe or not Dufty is 3 kgs heavier...this bloke seriously is a freak
Yes, this. His next contract will be a motza.

Just as Dufty should have watched replays on Billy Slater, he should now be watching how Papps follows the play in more or less every attacking movement. Papenhuyzen is just amazing with his backing up. He should be in the NSW Origin side this year without a doubt.

rasaint

Juniors
I have posted about Matt Dufty a number of times.

He is behind Papenhuyzen, Tedesco, Mitchell, Ponga even Brimson. No argument.

That acknowledged he has a rare ability to accelerate whilst close swerving which has seen him score trys that are sublime.

I am wrapped in Papenhuyzen and if he stays healthy how do you refuse to put him at the back of NSW? In fullback position it’s riches galore.

Last week Dufty scored two very good backup trys including a fast swerve acceleration. He should have had three backup trys (like Papenhuyzen tonight) but Cory threw a pass over his shoulder. In other words really 3 trys last week were similar to Papenhuyzen.. both have incredible speed to quickly catch the line break and receive the inside or outside pass to score. Remember Papenhuyzen is backing up a line breaking power centre in Olin (which we don’t have) and the comps most powerful offloading forward in Solomona. I bet Dufty wishes he had those advantages.

Of course, Dufty isn’t at Papenhuyzen’s level but let’s not lose sight of a bit of balance. Dufty is scoring good backup trys without the Storm team machine supporting him.

boardlumps62

Juniors

Until Papenhuyzen turned it on last night. How good is he lucky Tigers let him go.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I said long ago Dufty doesn't like collision.
Ramsey is our future fullback although I have not seen Sloane play.
Damn..

Someone else thinking about replacing the guy who’s replacing the guy who’s our current fullback..