What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

TruSaint

Referee
EyB4i9GWYAIlOvv

Dragsters

First Grade
He's wonderful to watch. Even in their jersey. Such a talent.

I know right?

I was saying the same thing to my brother last night, who is also a Dragons tragic and therefore automatic fellow storm-hater, that i'm struggling to reconcile that I love watching him play, in spite of that jersey!

Mates who support other teams say similar things about watching Dufty play...

possm

Coach
All he needs is to have command of the area and call the high balls, he is fast enough to get in position. This will come with time/age.
Dufty is scared of the impact. He won't call the ball or be in position. He is fast and if there is space in front of him, he becomes elusive and loves the attention after scoring.

When Dufty speaks about what he has to do to improve, he talks about passing the ball and being there when the opportunity presents itself however no mention of the high ball or defence.

possm

Coach
Apprenticeship under Steve Price...say no more
Dufty wants a pay rise and another couple of years. If he is to stay, I think it will be a pay cut and skill development in reserve grade in the 6 jumper (partnering Armone in the halves).

Norman gone, Sullivan to 6 in first grade. Clune to the Cowboys.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dufty wants a pay rise and another couple of years. If he is to stay, I think it will be a pay cut and skill development in reserve grade in the 6 jumper (partnering Armone in the halves).

Hey Possm, time get in the barrow mate

tenor.gif

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Dufty will iron out his deficiencies under Hook and become a top 4-5 fullback and be re-signed imo. His support play has improved out of sight already. He’s a major part of Ben Hunts rise. Having that option looming up creates doubts.

ALSGI

Bench
Dufty will iron out his deficiencies under Hook and become a top 4-5 fullback and be re-signed imo. His support play has improved out of sight already. He’s a major part of Ben Hunts rise. Having that option looming up creates doubts.

Agree and really like the way Dragons are handling his contract. He’s literally playing for his future and I think we’ll continue to see improvement as we have have with every other play tbh.

Pretty sure he and his Manager have been told exactly what he needs to do bag another contract.

Former coach and Millward would have already extended him on current form.

possm

Coach
Agree and really like the way Dragons are handling his contract. He’s literally playing for his future and I think we’ll continue to see improvement as we have have with every other play tbh.

Pretty sure he and his Manager have been told exactly what he needs to do bag another contract.

Former coach and Millward would have already extended him on current form.
Like with our halves, Saints have good depth in the fullback position from 2022 on. Ramsey, Sloan and Schiller are all waiting in the wings. All will be cheaper than Dufty and probably better overall.

Our depth:

• Fullback - Dufty, Ramsey, Sloan, Schiller
  • Wingers - Ravalawa, Ramsey, Matt Feagai
  • Centres - Bird, Lomax, Max Feagai, Williame
  • Halves - Hunt,Norman, Clune, Sullivan, Amone,
Our squad is out of balance because it is in the forwards that we need to replace players.
  • Props - Fifita will solve this problem in the short term. Kerr is a prop.
  • Hooker - we need a backup hooker just in case
  • Secondrow - we need a replacement for Frizell and Creighton is my pick
  • Lock - we need to cover for injury or if De Belin is not available.

redv13

Bench
Like with our halves, Saints have good depth in the fullback position from 2022 on. Ramsey, Sloan and Schiller are all waiting in the wings. All will be cheaper than Dufty and probably better overall.

Our depth:

• Fullback - Dufty, Ramsey, Sloan, Schiller
  • Wingers - Ravalawa, Ramsey, Matt Feagai
  • Centres - Bird, Lomax, Max Feagai, Williame
  • Halves - Hunt,Norman, Clune, Sullivan, Amone,
Our squad is out of balance because it is in the forwards that we need to replace players.
  • Props - Fifita will solve this problem in the short term. Kerr is a prop.
  • Hooker - we need a backup hooker just in case
  • Secondrow - we need a replacement for Frizell and Creighton is my pick
  • Lock - we need to cover for injury or if De Belin is not available.
Possm I’ve been quite vocal of Dufty but even I have eased up a bit over the last couple of weeks. Let’s see how he responds. The last 2 weeks have been positive from Dufty so don’t completely right him off just yet. Today he needs to take another step forward which I hope he does

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Possm I’ve been quite vocal of Dufty but even I have eased up a bit over the last couple of weeks. Let’s see how he responds. The last 2 weeks have been positive from Dufty so don’t completely right him off just yet. Today he needs to take another step forward which I hope he does
I wouldn't write anyone off this season, all I wanted to see was the team be competitive. So far we haven't had a game where we haven't been in a position to win at various stages. We still have to fix up our errors but the defence and attack is starting take shape. Im expecting Norman to have a big one tonight, if the players like Dufty off the ball are running good lines it will give him plenty of options.

kit66

Bench
Dufty should be a handful for Newie today. Klemmer and Saifiti play really long minutes in the middle so Duf needs to hang around our forwards for opportunities through there. Time to improve his away record for scoring tries. Hope he watched Paps for inspiration - no reason he can't do exactly the same.

blacksafake

First Grade
Dufty should be a handful for Newie today. Klemmer and Saifiti play really long minutes in the middle so Duf needs to hang around our forwards for opportunities through there. Time to improve his away record for scoring tries. Hope he watched Paps for inspiration - no reason he can't do exactly the same.
Agree, Also playing on a warm day with a dry surface should be advantageous for him.

Eastview

Juniors
Dufty is scared of the impact. He won't call the ball or be in position. He is fast and if there is space in front of him, he becomes elusive and loves the attention after scoring.

When Dufty speaks about what he has to do to improve, he talks about passing the ball and being there when the opportunity presents itself however no mention of the high ball or defence.

Watching them warm up and Dufty doesn't even talkle the pads hard. Why is he so scared to put his body on the line?