What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

SaintPauli

Juniors
Agree OT
My comment was in regards to when Dufty does these sort of things.

Dufty still has a way to go but appears to be heading in the right direction. Like you say let’s see how he goes against some of the better sides/kickers.
Dufty is all upwards from here. Loves the club and has a coach mentor in Griffin. Expect a blinder today at his home Jubilee.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Dufty is our x-factor and probably our only one if I am honest. He does bring a lot in attack, especially close to the line; however, once again he has made another basic error that’s led to a try, that’s 3 times this year alone. He brings nothing when running the ball back. Is his attacking brilliance worth his continuum of errors in the long term? I would be surprised if Hook wants him long term, but I’m not sure what the other options are.

Drewbrees

Juniors
Dufty is our x-factor and probably our only one if I am honest. He does bring a lot in attack, especially close to the line; however, once again he has made another basic error that’s led to a try, that’s 3 times this year alone. He brings nothing when running the ball back. Is his attacking brilliance worth his continuum of errors in the long term? I would be surprised if Hook wants him long term, but I’m not sure what the other options are.
Time to move on, just too inconsistent.

thebigredv

First Grade
And yet he is the only player we have that could have scored that second half try. Didn't see where else points were going to come from save maybe Jack Bird who is the highlight for me this year.

When it comes to contract its going to be difficult. If Matthew is fair dinkum he is only worth half of what let's say a Papenhyzen is. If he wants more then maybe we move on on build our game around someone else.

possm

Coach
And yet he is the only player we have that could have scored that second half try. Didn't see where else points were going to come from save maybe Jack Bird who is the highlight for me this year.

When it comes to contract its going to be difficult. If Matthew is fair dinkum he is only worth half of what let's say a Papenhyzen is. If he wants more then maybe we move on on build our game around someone else.
I'd say that is the problem. I'm sure Hook won't pay what he is looking for so the contract won't be what he and his manager are looking for. Too many errors in him. ESL would be his best option.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'd say that is the problem. I'm sure Hook won't pay what he is looking for so the contract won't be what he and his manager are looking for. Too many errors in him. ESL would be his best option.

I feel the same regarding Hook making the tough call. We have enough in the kitty to buy a big time fullback but not sure if any are going to be available any time soon.

FlameThrower

Bench

I still can’t see any other option right now, I’m willing to give Dufty a few more games under new regime. TBH, I thought he actual grounded the ball, ( in the Warriors awarded try) and have seen tries awarded pretty much the same .

thebigredv

First Grade
I still can’t see any other option right now, I’m willing to give Dufty a few more games under new regime. TBH, I thought he actual grounded the ball, ( in the Warriors awarded try) and have seen tries awarded pretty much the same .

Definitely would persist with him for most of this year but I think we must be looking at future options from within the club or elsewhere. His passing game has been a nice addition in the year or so but his signature cant be justified if he going to leak so many points.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I actually thought he had enough downward pressure on the ball before it squeezed out the side......looking at the Souths game last night I couldnt see that much difference in the Burgess grounding which consequently won them the game......I know theres only a split time in making a decision but Matt needs to develop a better technique to kill the ball

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I actually thought he had enough downward pressure on the ball before it squeezed out the side......looking at the Souths game last night I couldnt see that much difference in the Burgess grounding which consequently won them the game......I know theres only a split time in making a decision but Matt needs to develop a better technique to kill the ball

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

God-King Dean

Immortal

What are you saying?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Definitely would persist with him for most of this year but I think we must be looking at future options from within the club or elsewhere. His passing game has been a nice addition in the year or so but his signature cant be justified if he going to leak so many points.
Yes unfortunately Matt continues to be rocks and diamonds.....I know its frustrating as a supporter and at times he leaks points but tbh besides Rava we havnt got to many attacking options

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I was very disappointed in Dufy's performance, he let's in as many points as he scores, today he cost us 2 tries and a scored 1. Surely there's a better fullback out there?
And 2 points at the end with the penalty after he charged up to catch the bomb and dropped it. He is a huge liability with any kick. Not sure where hook goes from here.