What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

I believe Duftys defence is a bit ordinary. But when he plays we score points. Witness the last 2 losses. Defence is wonderful but you cant win a game with 0 points.Every time Dufty touches the ball it looks exciting.To me its a no brainer-just sign him. Ramsay isnt a full back-hes got a wonderful step to him but i want both of them in the team.Tonight at Kogarah watching him set up almost every try, and the complete crowd wondering why we havent signed him back up. Yet Norman misses tackles and lets tries in and no-one says boo about it.His defence is woeful and i reckon worse than Duftys. But Norman has no attack yet Dufty does.I know who id be keeping
Also noticed tonight someone in the crowd said something to Norman when he was replaced.Norman didnt appear very happy-maybe he heard the truth!!

Tremendous attacking performance.

Safe under the bomb.

Sign him to a 2 year contract at $300,000 tomorrow.

If he could defend or positioned himself better when defending he would command double the salary.

What we should make of it is...Dufty.. 5 years in the Top Grade and Ramsey in his 2nd...That's for starters....Secondly, we don't know what the plan is yet....Lets just enjoy the win.

For starters, Ramsey showed nothing in his two games at fullback - “let” tries in like Duffy.
But on the other side of the coin, created nil.
Having said that, I like Ramsey and hope he is a long term player with us.

And as for duff being 5 years in first grade.. huh.
He had a “coach” who showed absolutely no faith in him.
With no encouragement coming his way, we are lucky Duff can still lace on a boot.

And YES, I am enjoying the win.
But take out Duff and there would be no celebration (of a win).

And Hook!
Yes, you!
You better have some jaw dropping master plan is motion, or you can hook yourself.

Now, back to celebrating....

getsmarty

Immortal
For starters, Ramsey showed nothing in his two games at fullback - “let” tries in like Duffy.
But on the other side of the coin, created nil.
Having said that, I like Ramsey and hope he is a long term player with us.

And as for duff being 5 years in first grade.. huh.
He had a “coach” who showed absolutely no faith in him.
With no encouragement coming his way, we are lucky Duff can still lace on a boot.

And YES, I am enjoying the win.
But take out Duff and there would be no celebration (of a win).

And Hook!
Yes, you!
You better have some jaw dropping master plan is motion, or you can hook yourself.

Now, back to celebrating....

Huh....your comparing 2 games @ fullback to 5 seasons...

enjoy the win...whether we like it or not, the club has made a decision on dufty....I have enjoyed watching him and wish him all the best...better judges than us have made a call....they see the players day in, day out...as griffin stated..."Its not just about 1 game "...

rasaint

Juniors
I note some posters seem almost angry that Duff electrified Jubilee tonight. ( after all we are all Dragons tragics on a forum called Jubilee ave). Be a bit generous ladies and gents. Yes it is true that Broncos are down the ladder, but we got some quality players ie big power winger, JDB and of course less pressure on Dufty to come up with a miracle play.

That pass for Beale tonight was sublime. Dufty got the ball jinked on the spot and the opposition were like that buffalo in Crocodile Dundee. Mesmerised. Then took off a step and delivered the money ball. He has thrown a few for Lomax like that also.

I think even his worst detractors on the forum find their hearts skipping a beat whenever Dufty blasts up in support and even when cover defence is coming / nearby; well who cares he is going to outrun them anyway. In a team of slow pokes it’s just fab to have a flying machine. Yep enjoyed Duff’s 44 th NRL try tonight. Glad for that 43rd also tonight for that flying dive grounding. Sent us in the sheds in front at half time.

Yes I know he is almost certainly gone. I can’t wait for Cody, Sloan or Schiller or whoever else gets to show us what great attack looks like.

thebigredv

First Grade
Huh....your comparing 2 games @ fullback to 5 seasons...

enjoy the win...whether we like it or not, the club has made a decision on dufty....I have enjoyed watching him and wish him all the best...better judges than us have made a call....they see the players day in, day out...as griffin stated..."Its not just about 1 game "...

I dare say a lot of us have watched more of Dufty than Griffin ever has but I get your point.

I'd love to know the full story out of curiosity. Sure there's more to it all.

Let's see how Dufty goes against the Bulldogs and Raiders, and just enjoy the win for now.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I get the impression he may not be well-liked in the team. Ben Hunt's interview post-match looked like he was really trying to hold his tongue.

Having said that, one encounters knobs in all walks of life - particularly in people who possess great talent. In my leadership experience, you do your utmost to manage that part of their personality in order to keep that talent on your team. However there are times it is just so toxic that you need to let them go.

I obviously can't be certain that's the case here but judging solely on match performance, he should be in the 17. If he's indeed so disruptive to the group then it's either terrible or it's simply a failure of man-management.

Regardless, I can't see him staying and I'm willing to go on the record as being disappointed.

Suffering through years of depressing performances where both he and the other 16 players would do some mind-bogglingly dumb things, among the dour and at-best ineffective plays there were some fleeting displays of brilliance and excitement. It was a reason to keep watching even when almost everything else was a reason not to.

So I hope there's a change of heart but I don't expect it. And perhaps irrationally, that leads me to fear a future of dropsies and block-plays without the electric moments of individualism: all cloud, no silver lining. Very much hope I'm wrong.