What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

possm

Coach
no way Dufty is going anywhere to be a backup. Will want 2mil over 3 years
My tip is that Dufty will end up at the Broncos. I just wish him the best of luck and hope it all works out well for him.

For the Dragons, we need to sort out our forward pack and bring through players like Sloan, Schiller, and Stewart; hopefully one of which will end up being our long-term fullback and all of which will end up in our first-grade backline eventually.

To me, it looks like the contest for a fullback is more likely to be between Sloan and Stewart with Sloan to be given the next shot at fullback. Schiller will most probably be given a shot at the left-center. I'd say JP will also depart at end of the season; most probably to Brisbane.

Just recall the noise made after Hook chose McCullough over McInnes and see now that McCullough is working so well with Hunt and is the leading defender in the NRL. No one is missing McInnes these days.

The first page of this thread makes for interesting reading. Three years on and nothing has changed.

Post #2 is still bang on.

The kid has talent and has saved our bacon on a few occasions this year...BUT a few of my pet peeves are his lack of urgency at the back in defence AND most of all, how he just dances back into the line on a kick return. I was screaming at the TV last night to pick a line and RUN hard. Running soft just helps the defence dominate and rag doll him.

Personally, I think he is due a stint is reserves. He’ll be back, but the first full season of NRL can be quite draining and I think his introduction to grade has not been managed well. He should’ve always been due for a rest or to go down to ISP. Look what happened with Latrell Mitchel for example.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Kenty said "kids love watching that" referring to Duff. Well what about me a Dragon Fan since 1965 (13 years old) and you want to get rid of him. That's why fans don't care anymore that and the shot rules.
Going fishing.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't know why Dufty is being told to look elsewhere and Norman hasn't.
Very puzzling indeed, well to us it is but to Hook and Co. it doesn't appear so.
There has to be someone at the club with some knowledge as to the reasons why and even the players should have some idea. We hear that the players want Dufty to stay so there mustn't be anything going on that pisses them off with him being in the squad.

It possibly boils down to the fact that for the Dragons to cough up a high amount to retain him, the amount being asked just does not give Hook the "total" fullback package that the money being asked will buy. Hook always has made mention in pressers that Dufty is good however he states that there are things that he needs to do to be a complete "fullback".

My biggest dilemma about the whole issue which I cannot get a grip on is why haven't they even offered him anything, who is the "golden child" to replace him, when is the new bod likely to show his face, how will all this be managed, what club will Dufty go to and will Mr Norman grace our team list for the next few years?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
2 mil over 3 years! If that’s what his manager is pushing for then see ya champion. For nearly 670,000 a season I’d want our fullback to catch everything and have a much better attitude

Hynes, a better all-round player than Dufty, isn't getting that much!!- Tell him he's dreamin'

mickeylane

Bench
I still think Milford is coming to play either 5/8 or 1, would be totally laughable to announce him now as it would throw undue pressure on Hook and co by the supporters and media...IMO Ramsay, Sloan albeit both talented CANT be 2022 fullbacks due to inexperience.. Number 1 is probably the 2nd most important position behind a 7...

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I
Funny all the criticism of Hook and the club re Dufty

The simple fact is that we don’t know the ins and the outs of what had transpired and to what extent Dufty and his manager have played in any of it.

Best we keep any criticism until such times as we know the facts.
I sincerely hope one day we will know the facts. At the moment it looks like our only real attacking weapon with the X factor is being shown the door.

blacksafake

First Grade
Weidler on BSB this morning saying he heard it was because dufty doesn’t take too kind to criticism.
This could be what Hook has been saying re other stuff he needs to work on.
He wouldn’t be the first star junior to make grade & then just expect it all to happen instead of working hard on their deficiencies.
I’d imagine Hook would not be one to let a player know where they stood in a polite manner.

For the record, I would sign Matt Dufty if the price is right to play the role of Super substitute at 14.

I wouldn’t sign him at $2M for 3 seasons because at those numbers I would want a fullback who can take the high ball consistently under pressure, tackle strongly and be positionally faultless.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Weidler on BSB this morning saying he heard it was because dufty doesn’t take too kind to criticism.
He wouldn’t be the first star junior to make grade & then just expect it all to happen instead of working hard on their deficiencies.
I’d imagine Hook would not be one to let a player know where they stood in a polite manner.
Is this Generation X or Y were talking about.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Does the onfield captain rip into Duff when he screws up. That's how it should work and if both the coach and captain can't sort him drop him. Then we get to see our options. Didn't McGregor try Lomax last year.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Meanwhile Norman takes criticism well. So much so it doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Latest posts