What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

BBTB

Juniors
Tonight's game is a prime example of why the club does not want to keep Dufty and Norman. We will have some big coin to spend on the 2022 season, let's hope we get it right.
That's so true.
Been tapped on the shoulder.
Back to 2nd grade... Dufty, & take Normy with you...
Bring up some up'n'comers.
Waste of time, keeping these two bludgers in the team.

Old Timer

Coach
FFS lots of clubs tell players mid season they are no longer required and for lots of reasons

People blaming our performance or lack there of such announcements are just being delusional and avoiding the hard facts

We have a poor roster, no depth and probably a few clicks.

Hook has much to do and is getting around his business as best he can

If others choose not to buy in then they will follow Dufty & Norman out the door.

Lol people wanting them gone but not wanting any announcements as such

Only in this place can we find ways to be critical of the answers to things we are critical about

thebigredv

First Grade
FFS lots of clubs tell players mid season they are no longer required and for lots of reasons

People blaming our performance or lack there of such announcements are just being delusional and avoiding the hard facts

If others choose not to buy in then they will follow Dufty & Norman out the door.

Only in this place can we find ways to be critical of the answers to things we are critical about

Who bought into Griffin's business today? Hard pressed to find more than 3 players. A simple game plan and a bit of effort to respect the ball and player with the ball would have won that game. He isn't having the impact I would have hoped this far into a season, say what you want about how long it takes to turn a club around. I strongly believe it has got to do with the calibre of players we have. It can;'t be just Norman and Dufty but they are the obvious one. I am happy to see a max exodus if it means we can bring some heart into this rut of a club.

Ramsey just goes really average but I'd be picking him for his amount of care alone. That's how bad it is.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Who bought into Griffin's business today? Hard pressed to find more than 3 players. A simple game plan and a bit of effort to respect the ball and player with the ball would have won that game. He isn't having the impact I would have hoped this far into a season, say what you want about how long it takes to turn a club around. I strongly believe it has got to do with the calibre of players we have. It can;'t be just Norman and Dufty but they are the obvious one. I am happy to see a max exodus if it means we can bring some heart into this rut of a club.

Ramsey just goes really average but I'd be picking him for his amount of care alone. That's how bad it is.
We saw the best against the Broncs-today we saw the worst of Dufty. Poor defensive reads and positional play, missed tackles and no push up to support attacking players. However, my greater concern was the lack of energy and defensive intensity in the red zone of the whole team and the lack of guile in attack-just dumb one out running with no supporting runners to create any defensive uncertainty. Brought back memories of Mary's "game plans"- for want of a better phrase.
Meanwhile The Bulldogs caught us out with a simple pass out wide and then back inside to a speedy support player (Averillo)- something we didn't bother with.

There was no talk and it didn't look like a happy team to me.

jeffdragon

Bench

I was critisced for saying Ramsay isn't a fb
Saying the club thinks so.
Ramsay should be not be considered at fb
Hasn't got speed.

thebigredv

First Grade
I was critisced for saying Ramsay isn't a fb
Saying the club thinks so.
Ramsay should be not be considered at fb
Hasn't got speed.

And he isn't a winger either by many people's assessment so I am not sure where that leaves him....

Looks like the only one is consistently up and about and being positive. Other than that, he has been shown to lack speed and skill. Patience is not everlasting and his career clock is ticking. His chance is now. He may not have it. Easy to say after a bad loss but it just looks that way. Then again, maybe in a good team he would go ok. Look at Saab...

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
In respect of Dufty's generous FB mentoring of Ramsey, I would politely suggest to Cody that he tells Matt that he will accept mentoring except for the following:-

High, middle and low ball catching
positional play
360 degree defensive technique and
communication with the defensive line.

All other advice will be gratefully accepted

denis preston

First Grade
Mate, do you agree that part of Hooks agenda is to change the culture ? These lay downs etc are just about predictable. I sometimes wonder ( particularly after ressies performances today ) what sort of coaching these obviously talented younger players get from the representative & high performance coaches from 12 years on . Let's just say that perhaps our junior pathways scheme lacks coaches to implant these basic skills at these formative years ? Perhaps we don't know how deep the " mates club " goes . I know of one mid tier coach who moved from St George to the. Gong to gain promotion.

Dion

Juniors
And he isn't a winger either by many people's assessment so I am not sure where that leaves him....

Looks like the only one is consistently up and about and being positive. Other than that, he has been shown to lack speed and skill. Patience is not everlasting and his career clock is ticking. His chance is now. He may not have it. Easy to say after a bad loss but it just looks that way. Then again, maybe in a good team he would go ok. Look at Saab...
If not a FB then nothing.
Totally disagree about speed. He has it in spades.

Slackboy72

Coach

I'd like to know who the three were.

redv13

Bench
Dufty’s on line f**k up to allow JMK to score from 2 meters out under the posts was the worst thing I have seen from a 1st grade fullback in a long time. That play alone sums up his attitude to a tee. Never even thought about JMK and he was focused on the man 1 over b4 he even moved. FMD!! Get f**ked now!!! Had an absolute gut full of his shitty attitude. He clearly had a ZERO f**kS ATTITUDE TODAY. Too busy basking in the glow of last weeks performance vs the broncos. Go and tour the Raiders facilities again ya muppet

denis preston

First Grade
If not a FB then nothing.
Totally disagree about speed. He has it in spades.
Dion ,I thought so to but really he might be able to run 100 in 11 sec but unfortunately he runs the first 20. In 4 sec ? Has the earlier injury stuffed his pace and hopefully this is just temporary ?

BLM01

First Grade
Mate, do you agree that part of Hooks agenda is to change the culture ? These lay downs etc are just about predictable. I sometimes wonder ( particularly after ressies performances today ) what sort of coaching these obviously talented younger players get from the representative & high performance coaches from 12 years on . Let's just say that perhaps our junior pathways scheme lacks coaches to implant these basic skills at these formative years ? Perhaps we don't know how deep the " mates club " goes . I know of one mid tier coach who moved from St George to the. Gong to gain promotion.
Which mid tier coach are you talking about.
Not the current reggies coach from Helensburgh Tigers surely.

thebigredv

First Grade
While the verdict appears that Dufty's departure is now acceptable I still really don't know, given that, from what I saw (and I didn't bare watching the last 20 minutes), WIlliame was probably the standout. One of those days.

Interesting, and I think of worth when all bias is cast aside, that when questioned about whether he believes Matt Dufty is an NRL player, Cooper Cronk gave a very brutal reply. "At a strong club with a strong culture and strong systems he will go well." or along those lines. I have to say it is true for many of our talent-wasted players over the last decade. Whether Dufty's career can or can't be saved elsewhere, his words of truth really hit home for me.

BLM01

First Grade
While the verdict appears that Dufty's departure is now acceptable I still really don't know, given that, from what I saw (and I didn't bare watching the last 20 minutes), WIlliame was probably the standout. One of those days.

Interesting, and I think of worth when all bias is cast aside, that when questioned about whether he believes Matt Dufty is an NRL player, Cooper Cronk gave a very brutal reply. "At a strong club with a strong culture and strong systems he will go well." or along those lines. I have to say it is true for many of our talent-wasted players over the last decade. Whether Dufty's career can or can't be saved elsewhere, his words of truth really hit home for me.
Well why wont one of those strong clubs with strong systems or cultures sign him?
Canberra was there for a bit but all that is questionable now.
No one else lining up?.
Someone should ask Cooper, should dufty replace Teddy or Pap at his 2 beloved clubs.
The answer is no.

getsmarty

Immortal

Well Said.... We can always find the Grey Cloud no matter what the scenario.... no wonder other fans call us the whingers.