What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Johns commentary

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Does he offer anything other than this, I hear it every game

"They need to attack more direct, they are too sideways at the moment"

and at about the 20min point of each half

"The big guys are getting tired, the little men are going to come into play now"

Is almost as repetitive as Costigan's commentary

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
True that Johnsy, Ikin is woeful

Don't mind Johns too much, but have noticed this season how repetitive he is with those 2 points above

dubopov

Coach
Johns is the product of the "seppo personality cult" brand of journalism. He is about as relevant to commentary as the fabricated "Wolfman" is to quality Rugby League.

Flapper

First Grade
I like him as a character, but he adds little substance, as is the case for the Ch 9 commentary team, no rocking the boat, no negative comments towards the quality of refereeing. It's sanitised bullsh*t.

Syko

Juniors
Johns is the product of the "seppo personality cult" brand of journalism. He is about as relevant to commentary as the fabricated "Wolfman" is to quality Rugby League.

I like him as a character, but he adds little substance, as is the case for the Ch 9 commentary team, no rocking the boat, no negative comments towards the quality of refereeing. It's sanitised bullsh*t.

agree with both of these.

We need a fresh voice.

chileman

Coach
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, don't let Laurie Daley commentate any more Raiders games for eternity :sarcasm:

Mr Saab

Referee
M Johns is a disgrace. He doesnt have splinters up his arse, he has wooden fence posts. He was one again exposed on the Sunday Roast with him trying to not rock any boats by defending Jamie Lyons decision to not want to play rep football.
Gould came over the top of him and made him look like someone with no clue...but then Johns has no clue

Yosh

Coach
I love Gordie Tallis' stuff. I think I'm the only one though. Sterlo is also good.

trudge

Bench
if you're going to talk, have something to say...

Warren Ryan and David Morrow are the best I've ever heard. Smart. Passionate. No vested interests.

scottyeel

Bench
M Johns is a disgrace. He doesnt have splinters up his arse, he has wooden fence posts. He was one again exposed on the Sunday Roast with him trying to not rock any boats by defending Jamie Lyons decision to not want to play rep football.
Gould came over the top of him and made him look like someone with no clue...but then Johns has no clue
I agree.
He is f**king painful to listen to and it's even worse when you have to see his monkey looking face as well.

Didgi

You would think that seeing as Channel Nine basically own the game that their commentators would not be the on the fence post up my arse type of commentators, they would be commentators who discuss the game properly, including attacking the hard parts. Channel Nine seems to be hiring star players who are sh*t commentators, apart from Ben Ikin who was a sh*t player and is still sh*t while commentating.

At the ABC Grandstand they have relative 'nobodies' who know their stuff, are passionate and aren't that afraid to tackle the real big issues.

*Rant over*

_Johnsy

Referee
Wilko (Peter WILKINS)
port_wilco.gif
who used to be on grandstand and The Fat is the best league commentator bar none.

Latest posts