What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King

Lungman3

Juniors
"Thanks tiburon......I have just spent that last hour or so on that site. What a great site it is too! Awesome Cronulla history."

Must have been the best part of a whole page long! ;-)

legend

Coach
Rare to find players who are willing to take less to stay loyal. Kimmorley and Orford (among others) could learn a lesson or two from Matt King.

shadow grinder

First Grade

ThrashViking

Juniors
I was kinda pissed off that he got rid of the afro.
Ive enjoyed watching him in the two origins so far, he's stood up and playing like a champion.

tiburon

Juniors
Lungman3 said:
"Thanks tiburon......I have just spent that last hour or so on that site. What a great site it is too! Awesome Cronulla history."

Must have been the best part of a whole page long! ;-)

Wow, pretty funny....:rolleyes:

Yeh Matt King is a champ. the story was great last night i'm glad the footy show is finally doing some good segments.

LESStar58

Referee
Yeah, Matty King is a hell of a nice guy! I met him last year after he shaved the afro off for the first time and I asked him where it all went. His answer? "Mum made me shave it off"!

Kingy also came into my work one day. I had gone home early cos I had some time owing to me but one of my mates at work saw him, went up and said hi. He admitted he didnt know who Matt was aside from that he plays for Storm. Anyway this friend of mine said "Luke who works here is mad keen NRL and I don't think he'll forgive me if I didnt ask you to sign something for him!". Kingy was not only happy to oblidge but he also asked if I was around so I could come down and have a chat with him! I wasn't there bt he signed a peice of paper Dear Luke, Go the Storm! and signed it.

I look at a situation like that where a player is prepared to have a chat with fans and I see Kingy as a young kid (well, he is my age!) who is just very aware of his role as a professional footballer in a frontier city. You talk about Slater being a marketing tool then Kingy is probbaly the next best thing!

Champion guy and a great player! And he's ours for 3 more years!

Brutus

Referee
Hopefully he gets his first girlfriend soon too.

I'm sure there will be plenty of women lining up for a piece of the King boy.

Latest posts