What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

Illusion

Bench
I keep hearing our young players have problems defending and are not ready for top grade ...... Ok how good is the team going with their D with them or without them ? Big issue is defense, at least the young players can attack so for me id have them playing ..... If the senior players were rock solid defensively then maybe they could help the attacking players not to be exposed ...... So bottom line is our D is crap so might as well have some attack in the team because without the attacking players the team has nothing ......

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I actually though Sullivan at Hooker worked well. I don't think he should play there, just that "necessity being the mother of invention" he was forced to play there, yet ironically yet also dragged him into the game. He was getting his hands on the ball frequency and building his confidence, vision and lived experience. Previously and understandably he was a bit standoffish. Would mind him having another stint there between now and the end of the year if it augments his game time and confidence.
I would love it, it’s a good way to bring him on while reserves is down. Good for some tackling practice too. It’s a shame we loaned Lussic in a way.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I actually though Sullivan at Hooker worked well. I don't think he should play there, just that "necessity being the mother of invention" he was forced to play there, yet ironically yet also dragged him into the game. He was getting his hands on the ball frequency and building his confidence, vision and lived experience. Previously and understandably he was a bit standoffish. Would mind him having another stint there between now and the end of the year if it augments his game time and confidence.
Sullivan scored a try, ran for 78m & made 32 tackles. Pretty good production for 65mins.

To me he looks like a natural footballer who’d play well in any position.
Mat going well I think on the wing. I think he has deservingly jumped Ramsey.
Does anyone know what the full story is with Max? He has been out a long time.
Max was down on form so the super coach chose to take Beale to the Qld bubble instead. Another genius team selection.

Mjab

Juniors
I think Matt has gone OK
I was concerned that he got run down by walker and nearly didnt score
Is that a fair concern , Im not sure ??

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think Matt has gone OK
I was concerned that he got run down by walker and nearly didnt score
Is that a fair concern , Im not sure ??

I see this as a sign of the times- Wingers these days are strongly built and powerful (Rava and Sebo) very tall and slim (Tupou and Saab) and all shapes and sizes in between. Height, speed, power, athleticism are all important assets for a winger but it is highly unlikely that one winger will have all these. I processed Walker's pursuit of Faingai as a close race with Faingai's strength ultimately decisive over Walkers' slight advantage in speed.

redV06

Juniors
Sullivan scored a try, ran for 78m & made 32 tackles. Pretty good production for 65mins.

To me he looks like a natural footballer who’d play well in any position.

Max was down on form so the super coach chose to take Beale to the Qld bubble instead. Another genius team selection.
Max took a bad head knock and wasn’t taken to QLD as a result, it was in his best interests.

Efresh

Coach
Is Matt Feagai a centre? Too slow to be an NRL winger but he has a mean step back infield and is strong. Or is his future as Ben Creagh style backrower?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Is Matt Feagai a centre? Too slow to be an NRL winger but he has a mean step back infield and is strong. Or is his future as Ben Creagh style backrower?
I posted in a different thread, Bird tried today but he committed 3 significant errors in the first half which cost us.

Today was a prime opportunity to play Max at centre with his brother on the wing plus Tyrell at fullback. We got pumped at home anyway so what was there to lose?

But I fully expect the super coach to pick the same team next week so expect another pumping.

On a separate issue, Sharon Woods needs to retire immediately, right now he’s just an embarrassment to any past legacy he might have. At least Jayden Hunt would have a red hot go.

hewi

Bench
The two most obvious changes needed IMO are as above bring in Max and show Woods the door replace him with Kerr. As for Bird massive mistake signing him up again. Max IMO is the better of the two brothers.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I posted in a different thread, Bird tried today but he committed 3 significant errors in the first half which cost us.

Today was a prime opportunity to play Max at centre with his brother on the wing plus Tyrell at fullback. We got pumped at home anyway so what was there to lose?

But I fully expect the super coach to pick the same team next week so expect another pumping.

On a separate issue, Sharon Woods needs to retire immediately, right now he’s just an embarrassment to any past legacy he might have. At least Jayden Hunt would have a red hot go.
How come Lawrie looks fatter as the season goes on? Not a 1st grader.