What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

denis preston

First Grade
Fe
I posted in a different thread, Bird tried today but he committed 3 significant errors in the first half which cost us.

Today was a prime opportunity to play Max at centre with his brother on the wing plus Tyrell at fullback. We got pumped at home anyway so what was there to lose?

But I fully expect the super coach to pick the same team next week so expect another pumping.

On a separate issue, Sharon Woods needs to retire immediately, right now he’s just an embarrassment to any past legacy he might have. At least Jayden Hunt would have a red hot go.
Both have got to be centres. Matt was given 3 opportunities to get outside his man yesterday but way way too slow. It's a pity because he is a good footballer, but on the wing a no from me.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
There should be a few forum members getting a check up with their orthopaedic surgeons this morning, because despite feeling an “upset in the bones” I just couldn’t see how we could beat the Cows. We try, but, they’re much to quick for us at this stage.

I think of us as like the ‘beats to a song’. We can compete at the 70 beats per minute level, but when the tempo gets faster…we’re out of the contest. Not our zone! Not sure it’s fitness or just haven’t the structure and the type of playing talent to play at that intensity yet. We’re always a chance against the ‘other sides’ when it rains etc to slow the game down, but a man down (many games) and a dry track against an expansive team were in a lot of trouble….

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
There should be a few forum members getting a check like up with their orthopaedic surgeons this morning because despite feeling an “upset in the bones” I just couldn’t see how we could beat the Cows. We try, but, they’re much to quick for us at this stage.

I think of us as like the beats to a song. We can compete at the 70 beats per minute level, but when the tempo gets faster…we’re out of the contest. Not our zone! Not sure it’s fitness or just haven’t the structure and the type of playing talent to play at that intensity yet. We’re always a chance against the ‘other sides’ when it rains etc to slow the game down, but a man down (many games) and a dry track against an expansive team were in a lot of trouble….
It should now be time for Hook to cast away the old fellas and bring in the younger guys into the team to play the remainder of our games in 2022. We wont win anymore games with these same players that he keeps selecting so we might as well lose with the younger ones to at least give them exposure and in some cases more exposure to the grinds of first grade games.

They might even win several but you wont know unless you at least try them. Max and Matt, Sloan, Sullivan when fit, a couple of the younger forwards, why not?

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Agree, but in fairness not sure he has many forward options to choose from. Some of the defensive misses close to the line through the forwards so poor! But if they don’tknow how by now and many current first graders don’t, I don’t think they will ever develop that skill.

Last edited:

Smacka

Juniors
Lomax to lock is the first choice. Brad Mackay started in the backs before proving himself to be an exceptional backrower. (Sloan - He'd replace Lomax in the centres).
Sua & Bird are the default secondrow.
Lawrie & DeBelin in the front row : they work well together.
Muhleisen is hooker.

denis preston

First Grade
Lomax to lock is the first choice. Brad Mackay started in the backs before proving himself to be an exceptional backrower. (Sloan - He'd replace Lomax in the centres).
Sua & Bird are the default secondrow.
Lawrie & DeBelin in the front row : they work well together.
Muhleisen is hooker.
The club is persevering with him as they should but he hasn't set the world on fire in Reggies. In the toughest position on the field he is a couple of years off NRL at the earliest.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Agree, but in fairness not sure he has many forward options to choose from. Some of the defensive misses close to the line through the forwards so poor! But if they don’tknow how by now and many current first graders don’t, I don’t think they will ever develop that skill.
Those defensive misses near our line happen multiple times every week. this is fundamental stuff, we don’t address it.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I keep hearing our young players have problems defending and are not ready for top grade ...... Ok how good is the team going with their D with them or without them ? Big issue is defense, at least the young players can attack so for me id have them playing ..... If the senior players were rock solid defensively then maybe they could help the attacking players not to be exposed ...... So bottom line is our D is crap so might as well have some attack in the team because without the attacking players the team has nothing ......
So a year down the track and you could have posted this yesterday. No change, no improvement, no plan, no idea. Coach is a big issue, he is responsible as are those who put him there and keep him there.

Budpower

Juniors
Im a huge huge Feagai fan and have been watching them for years...both are equal....both are ALL OUT CENTRES....if I had a chance my backline would be;
SLOAN
RAMSEY
MATT OR MAX FEAGAI
SULI
STEWART ON THE WING GET HIM IN THERE▪!
AMONE
SULLIVAN

with Lomax going to lock and Hunt to Hooker