What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Rogers is a f**k

iggy plop

First Grade
Tighthead said:
rogers wants more league players cos yawnion cant produce their own. the aru should quickly buy as many wingers as possible......

I've never understood this reasoning. Australia won 2 world cups without any league converts, but as soon as we get a few in, we lost one.

Well why pick 'em goose if they are no good? Shows you how f**ked up union is.

iggy plop

First Grade
shiznit said:
bartman said:
Surely said:
Ummm thats a pretty lame remark, are you saying Mortlock, Roff, Rathbone, Latham, Gregan etc ... wouldn't make an NRL team..
shiznit said:
as for backs that could play league.......
Rupeni Caucau
Carlos Spencer
Sam Tuitupou
Tana Umaga
Joe Rocokoco
Ma'a Nonu
Rico Gear
Matt Getau
Clyde Rathbone
Stirling Mortlock
Dewett Barry
i can go on for ages........
Who are all of these people? Only heard of three of them :? ;-)

yet they are bigger names around the world then andrew johns and darren lockyer.
the fact that you dont know who these people are means you shouldnt be commenting on rugby union because you dont know sh*t!!

:

Yeah, all big names in the USA, Canada, India, Russia, Germany, Italy, South America, China, Japan, Indonesia ect ect.

And I'm sure names like Dewet Barry, Rathbone, Umaga and a couple of those other nevilles are on the tip of everyone's tongues in England and France.

Go and get stuffed!

You can always rely upon our Rah Rah brethern to allude to these superior 'skills' required in their code. Question must be this, what exactly are they? Clearing out rucks, running to each? Well, I can only assume there's a technical fault that causes my TV to run pictures in slow motion, because I don't see what I would describe as 'running'! Jogging perhaps, but running, mmmm, certainly not the running one sees when RL forwards are required to make the ten. As for the 'clearing'? Throwing your overweight bulk forward with no discernible aim is not what I regard as skill. Unfortunately this yet another example of Yawnion boys trying to cloud their athletic inferiority with mysticism. If all you have to do to make a setpiece work is throw 18 odd stone at two or three other men then Sumo wrestlers would make great RU forwards.
To argue that RL forwards only run and hit straight is to show that you don't watch either the NRL or the SL and you have certainly never seen a minute of SOO.
I'm not going to suggest for one minute that there are no 'fit' Rah Rah players, but quite frankly when you question the presence of a substantial number of super-fit players in league, you metaphorically drop 'em and start spouting.
Eastsrule, your attempt to display intellectual superiority is nothing more than playground stuff. Having become emboiled in a similar debate with a mis-guided young female some years ago, I once took the time to work out the length of time the ball is in play in an RU match. Not suggesting this is at all scientific, but as I recall, from the first kickoff, a penalty was given, this resulted in a break of near on 40 seconds. There then followed a kick to touch, about 30 seconds, then a lineout, over a minute, then when play resumed, another penalty at the first ruck. Now, I didn't sit down with a pen and pad at the time, nor did I retain my results to use in future debates on net forums (I'd have been a genius if I did as there were no such things at the time :D ), but what I can say that is in the first half of our first home meeting with the Bradford Bulls this season in SL, the ball was in play for over 38 minutes. Show me a game of kick and clap with comparable figures and I'll start sewing on the tweed patches.
Johnny Wilkinson walk into any NRL team? Arise, King of Comedy! Greenwood, perhaps, always thought Dallaglio might have made it (see, I don't claim every Rah Rah is rubbish!!!), but a great deal of that list? Naaaahhhh

t-ba

Post Whore
I liked it when the RFU invited RL clubs to the local Sevens Tourney. When can we expect them to invite Bradford to play Wasps and the Falcons? Or are they afraid of the Zzurich Cups best being Humbled again :lol: .

To the Dolt who thinks all Union Backs are 100kg Hulk's who are super fast. Look at Englands (WC Winners 2003) and South Africa's Backlines. Hardly any super fast Man hulks amongst the lot...

...And Jonah was a Leaguie anyway :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
P.S-

Australia's Sub 10 second man-Cowboys Triallists
Brett Stewart-Manly's sprint coach told him to quit league and become a sprinter. Capable of breaking the 10 second barrier.

Also seem to recall Clive Woodward being asked if he could have any 'rugby' (as they insist on calling it) player from any era in his team, who would it be? Answer? Wally Lewis!!!!!!

Surely

Post Whore
(Broken) Time Bandit said:
You can always rely upon our Rah Rah brethern to allude to these superior 'skills' required in their code. Question must be this, what exactly are they? Clearing out rucks, running to each? Well, I can only assume there's a technical fault that causes my TV to run pictures in slow motion, because I don't see what I would describe as 'running'! Jogging perhaps, but running, mmmm, certainly not the running one sees when RL forwards are required to make the ten. As for the 'clearing'? Throwing your overweight bulk forward with no discernible aim is not what I regard as skill. Unfortunately this yet another example of Yawnion boys trying to cloud their athletic inferiority with mysticism. If all you have to do to make a setpiece work is throw 18 odd stone at two or three other men then Sumo wrestlers would make great RU forwards.
To argue that RL forwards only run and hit straight is to show that you don't watch either the NRL or the SL and you have certainly never seen a minute of SOO.
I'm not going to suggest for one minute that there are no 'fit' Rah Rah players, but quite frankly when you question the presence of a substantial number of super-fit players in league, you metaphorically drop 'em and start spouting.
Eastsrule, your attempt to display intellectual superiority is nothing more than playground stuff. Having become emboiled in a similar debate with a mis-guided young female some years ago, I once took the time to work out the length of time the ball is in play in an RU match. Not suggesting this is at all scientific, but as I recall, from the first kickoff, a penalty was given, this resulted in a break of near on 40 seconds. There then followed a kick to touch, about 30 seconds, then a lineout, over a minute, then when play resumed, another penalty at the first ruck. Now, I didn't sit down with a pen and pad at the time, nor did I retain my results to use in future debates on net forums (I'd have been a genius if I did as there were no such things at the time :D ), but what I can say that is in the first half of our first home meeting with the Bradford Bulls this season in SL, the ball was in play for over 38 minutes. Show me a game of kick and clap with comparable figures and I'll start sewing on the tweed patches.
Johnny Wilkinson walk into any NRL team? Arise, King of Comedy! Greenwood, perhaps, always thought Dallaglio might have made it (see, I don't claim every Rah Rah is rubbish!!!), but a great deal of that list? Naaaahhhh

f**k thats hard to read !

El Masri gets a gig .. I'm sure Wilkinson would.

bartman

Immortal
shiznit said:
bartman said:
shiznit said:
as for backs that could play league.......
Rupeni Caucau
Carlos Spencer
Sam Tuitupou
Tana Umaga
Joe Rocokoco
Ma'a Nonu
Rico Gear
Matt Getau
Clyde Rathbone
Stirling Mortlock
Dewett Barry
i can go on for ages........
Who are all of these people? Only heard of three of them :? ;-)
yet they are bigger names around the world then andrew johns and darren lockyer.
the fact that you dont know who these people are means you shouldnt be commenting on rugby union because you dont know sh*t!!
Hey Shiznit, the fact I don't know who these people are and have chosen not to care about the sport (which doesn't interest me) is all my comment was actually meant to say (note the ;-) )

shiznit said:
its pretty good for you lot to be commenting on how much you dont run in union when you havent taken the time to play or even appriciate the sport.
Again, I never made any such comment? Don't count me into your generalisation, by making this point in a post where you quote only me. I have tried to appreciate the sport of Union, and have found out that I don't. End of story.

shiznit said:
but dont start opening your mouths unless you know what your talking about. :roll:
The thread was originally about Matt Rogers being a knob and for NRL Forum users to share their views. It seems we all (union people included)agree on that, so take the subsequent Union v League argument where it belongs :)arrow: Fight Club, mods?)

Matt M

Juniors
Surely said:
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Doesn't say much for Union, when our guys can just walk straight in over there. How many Wallabies would be able to make an NRL team (apart from the league converts)... ziltch. The real challenge is becoming a league legend.

Ummm thats a pretty lame remark, are you saying Mortlock, Roff, Rathbone, Latham, Gregan etc ... wouldn't make an NRL team..

You've been wanking as much as rogers !

As for the twit that thinks souths would beat the wallabies in both codes... what crack in the ground did u just crawl out of ?

Mortlock is about the only player there who would be good in league. Rathbone, Latham and Gregan are as soft as tissues, and as for their tackling ability, well it just isn't there is it, they are a bunch of turnstyles where you don't even need to pay to get through. Roff is is pretty tough, but he just has no skill whatsoever.

Rogers is just a whinging little soft c**k. Thats all there is to it.

Dragons_#1

Bench
[/quote]Mortlock is about the only player there who would be good in league. Rathbone, Latham and Gregan are as soft as tissues, and as for their tackling ability, well it just isn't there is it, they are a bunch of turnstyles where you don't even need to pay to get through. Roff is is pretty tough, but he just has no skill whatsoever.

Rogers is just a whinging little soft c**k. Thats all there is to it.[/quote]

what the hell u talking bout mate???
gregan tackle on lomu have u seen that ??
to play full back for teh wallabies u cant be a turnstile mate its as easy at that.