What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns in a movie

astrogirl

First Grade
He's certainly making the most of his opportunities!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/matthews-in-a-league-of-his-own-now-hes-a-movie-star/2006/05/13/1146940771264.html

Matthew's in a league of his own: now he's a movie star

HAVING conquered television, former rugby league player Matthew Johns is set to make his debut on the big screen.

The man now better known as his comical alter ego Reg Reagan will star in an independent Australian film, The Last Winter, which will begin shooting in August.

A star on Channel Nine's Footy Show and match telecasts, with a book, CD and hit single under his belt, the former NSW and Australian player is finalising negotiations for his film debut as league coach Jack Cooper.

Doesnt he play a bouncer in this? I remember hearing about him scoring the role but the project couldnt go ahead til they found a lead man or is this a new one?

stevo

Juniors
i think you were thinking of Davo's little something, based on a Robert G Barrett book.

lucky7

Juniors
I also heard he was one of the celebs on the torvile and dean skating thing...........much like skating with celebreties.
That should be hilarious

IanG

Coach
Wont be the first Ex Knights player to be in a flick. Tony Butterfield had a cameo in Bootmen playing a thug.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Haha yeah remember that time Daredevil Dudes went ice skating. Bloody smashed his head against the ice before crashing into the wall. That could be disastrous, can't wait.

northey

First Grade
IN PRODUCTION - THE LAST WINTER
Set in 1987 and focused on the Newtown Jets rugby league club, the film will examine how changing codes of ethics and professionalism overhauled Australian sport.

Matthew Johns is finalising negotiations for his film debut, playing the role of league coach -Jack Cooper.

Writer Matt Nable said Jane Forrest, who worked on The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, Two Hands, Ghost Rider and Little Fish, would direct the film.

And he confirmed he was searching for a leading Australian actor to play a support role.

The film is set for a March release next year.

If your are a footy player, contact your agent to see if they know about this one.

just a bit that i recieved

Latest posts