What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns on 'Sunday Roast'

roopy

Referee
His story about him and chechin giving each other knowing looks because they have both been abused by A Johns was also classic comedy.

shear_joy9

Coach
I find Vossy's hand gestures towards the camera when he's speaking more annoying.

He doesn't have to do it every sentence.

fourplay

Juniors
Same

I hate the way Mark Geyer squints his eyes when he talks and the most annoying thing is how Phil Gould puffs his lips out when hes sitting there not saying anything. arg I almost threw the remote at the TV i cant watch this show anymore..#-o

Wests is Best

Juniors
Johns has been acting weird lately. I don't know if he is being forced by Nine into playing the funny guy and his jokes are running dry, or whether he is just getting a bit complacent with the viewers. Either way he is not being funny, informative nor entertaining.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
fourplay said:
You guys need to relax a bit.. The Sunday Roast panel is the best panel out of any RL show.. good commentary, perfect chemistry between the 4, they discuss RL issues indepth without holding back, while being funny at the same time...and Matt Johns goat stories were hilarious, just because they were so pointless. Thats why the whole panel were laughing their heads off including myself lol

I dont think its possible to put together a panel that could please this forum..

You're 100% correct there.

Yeah Johns was under the weather and needs to pull his head but in my opinion the Roast should move to Thursday night and replace the Fatty Show!

Mr Saab

Referee
shear_joy9 said:
I find Vossy's hand gestures towards the camera when he's speaking more annoying.

He doesn't have to do it every sentence.

He loves waving his hands around and clapping every 2 minutes in some sort of an attempt to stamp his authority.
Poor TV etiquette.

smeghead

Bench
Johns is just trying too hard at the moment and I have no idea why. Either way a guy who I used to find pretty funny has now become a real bore and as with the Sunday Roast can get downright annoying

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i just got the sense johns was taking the piss and acting like a modern version of fatty. maybe johns was imitating john stamos? either way the roast sis till the best elague show. I'd love them to scrap the thursday footy show and give the roast a few hours to go through incidents from games, prevalent topics which and that way you could include some botos and all into it

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Roast should be:

Peter Sterling (Host)
Ray Warren
Phil Gould/Warren Ryan (rotation)
Matthew Johns/Mark Geyer (rotation)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
ash the bash said:
Get rid of M Johns getting too big for his shoes IMO, I lost all respect for him

after the way he treated HaC on the Footy Show stood there growling at him

no respect at all.. fair enuf ask him questions but there is no point staring him down

like u want fight him.. im glad HaC during members BBQ told us he expected M johns

to behave imature...
How dare he question PHAC :crazy:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
ash the bash said:
Get rid of M Johns getting too big for his shoes IMO, I lost all respect for him

after the way he treated HaC on the Footy Show stood there growling at him

no respect at all.. fair enuf ask him questions but there is no point staring him down

like u want fight him.. im glad HaC during members BBQ told us he expected M johns

to behave imature...

Of course, HAC came across as a total wanker....

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Titanic said:
The idea of having a comic show to brighten up the dry commentary-style delivery of other shows was fine until the idiots were proven to be un-funny idiots. Surely there is a place for serious commentary as well: Gus; Rabs; Wazza - the game gets enough crap from the media regarding player antics without promoting studidity on tv. Why not use eloquent senior statesmen of the Game instead of recently retired partyu animals. Also bring back Mahatma Coat and I could suggest a couple of Chinese twins the Ting Brothers aka WaiTing and RooTing to add an Asian flavour.

That is why the Fox shows with Warren Smith are good, it is virtually all about the game, with a few digs at things and each other to mix it up.

Latest posts