What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns on 'Sunday Roast'

Mr Saab

Referee
The Roast was meant to be a serious look at league, talk about the issues, but constantly it is being distracted by Johns. Today he is talking about goats and sheep.
He must have something in that head of his otherwise he would not have been given roles with the tigers and storm, but f**k, he has to stop being the goose for 5 minutes.

Titanic

First Grade
The idea of having a comic show to brighten up the dry commentary-style delivery of other shows was fine until the idiots were proven to be un-funny idiots. Surely there is a place for serious commentary as well: Gus; Rabs; Wazza - the game gets enough crap from the media regarding player antics without promoting studidity on tv. Why not use eloquent senior statesmen of the Game instead of recently retired partyu animals. Also bring back Mahatma Coat and I could suggest a couple of Chinese twins the Ting Brothers aka WaiTing and RooTing to add an Asian flavour.

Brutus

Referee
stuke said:
anyone else see his performance on the Sunday Roast today??

he looked very under the weather today, contributed nothing save for a few funny faces and a story about pigs and goats, and even had his drink taken off him by Vossy with the comment by Vossy "no man can be that thirsty". Gus and MG were just laughing at him.

what was in that drink?!!?!?!?!?

so bad you just had to watch it! :lol:

I turned it off after a while. Johns is slowly losing the plot and that show is slowly losing its gloss. The SR could do without M Johns - getting a little self indulgent these days which is a shame.

salivor

First Grade
He looked and acted as if he was high as a kite. It was embarrasing to watch and it was written all over Vossy's face what he thought.

Brutus

Referee
Titanic said:
The idea of having a comic show to brighten up the dry commentary-style delivery of other shows was fine until the idiots were proven to be un-funny idiots. Surely there is a place for serious commentary as well: Gus; Rabs; Wazza - the game gets enough crap from the media regarding player antics without promoting studidity on tv. Why not use eloquent senior statesmen of the Game instead of recently retired partyu animals. Also bring back Mahatma Coat and I could suggest a couple of Chinese twins the Ting Brothers aka WaiTing and RooTing to add an Asian flavour.

Is our game unworthy of serious talk these days? You must wonder with shows like the Sunday Roast, Thursday Night Footy Show, appalling Triple M Monday night call and of course the king crap of them all - the Continuous Bore Team, the biggest disgrace to sports broadcasting the world over.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Channel 9 should get rid of him & those other two Idiots he has with him on Thursday night they have all run out of their used by date.
So COME ON CHANNEL 9 Give them the heave ho & replace them with people who are intelligent.If you want to watch a proper Footy Show watch Fox on Wednesday Nights at 7.30pm it's a pleasure to watch people who talk sense & conduct themselves in a proper manner.:x :x :x

squiddy

Juniors
Hmm I thought he was either p*ssed on something or very badly hungover or a combination of all 3, last Thursday he was drinking wine on the footy show and now this , I'm afraid Matty is losing his appeal very quickly.

As for those who think Rabs should be on the show - forget it , I think MG goes OK

cheese

Bench
MG needs to be there.

Regardless of what you think of his views, he's one of the few blokes who doesn't sit on the fence.

Wok would be farkin perfect for that show, but I don't think him and Gus get on.

Brutus

Referee
I've heard Gus and Wok have a yarn about the game on the ABC and it appears they do get on. It would be awesome to hear those two chew the fat on a Sunday, but that would mean no Wok on the radio on Sunday.

matt johns just ruins the show, im sick of his stupity and can he stop wif the farkin water .wats his problem the shows ment to be debateing leagues controversial issues not vossy gus and mg geting distrated by the immaturity of matt johns. like how they were talking about solutions to the salary cap but then he starts talking about him and goats. how can we expect the nrl to take wat the gud idears that gus and vossy come up wif wen matt johns is being an idiot.

mickdo

Coach
Just imagine Rabs, Wok and Gus together on the Roast... the channel 9 make-up department would be in overdrive! :lol:

mickdo said:
Just imagine Rabs, Wok and Gus together on the Roast... the channel 9 make-up department would be in overdrive! :lol:

haha! theyd have to put it on after the kids go to bed so as not to give them nightmares

fourplay

Juniors
You guys need to relax a bit.. The Sunday Roast panel is the best panel out of any RL show.. good commentary, perfect chemistry between the 4, they discuss RL issues indepth without holding back, while being funny at the same time...and Matt Johns goat stories were hilarious, just because they were so pointless. Thats why the whole panel were laughing their heads off including myself lol

I dont think its possible to put together a panel that could please this forum..

ash the bash

Juniors
Get rid of M Johns getting too big for his shoes IMO, I lost all respect for him

after the way he treated HaC on the Footy Show stood there growling at him

no respect at all.. fair enuf ask him questions but there is no point staring him down

like u want fight him.. im glad HaC during members BBQ told us he expected M johns

to behave imature...

roopy

Referee
I don't usually find Johns funny - but his goat story was funny - MG and Gould were pissing themselves.

Latest posts