What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Groshy

Juniors
You have three daughters hey, so Im guessing you either brought them or youbent someone elses daughter over a few times and gave her the old heave-ho.

Sorry for being crude but I hate that "think of your daughters" argument. Am I suppose to think of my father-in-law and if he would approve when I throw Mrs Noa on the kitchen bench and gives it to her good and say all sorts of disgusting things to her.

No actually I “bent” someone’s son and gave him the old heave ho; the difference being it was in the privacy of my home or hotel or wherever and there was just the two of us involved.

I applaud you throwing Mrs Noa over the kitchen bench giving it to her good. Lucky Mrs Noa. Sounds like you have a very exciting marriage (I am presuming you are married as you said Mrs Noa). And the last person I would want you to think of would be her father.

But when you have a bunch of junior female Noa’s running around and they become teenagers you would hope that the guys they date will treat them with dignity and respect, nothing more than what is expected of all of us.

Maybe if more of these players thought of the “think of your daughters” argument this mentality wouldn't exist. And maybe if more footy players threw their wives and girlfriends onto the kitchen bench more often they wouldn't be tempted into this group sex....Just a thought

Money,Money,Money is all that has lighten up in her eyes,
after 7yrs its so obvious that she is in it for the money.

Where's this money coming from? The ABC don't pay for stories. If she thought Johns might pay something, surely the time to do that would have been before it became public ... no point him paying hush money when everyone knows about it

She wanted it they gave it to her and if it was rape then they would of been charged by the police and it would of been al forgotten about now.

So please explain why a very low % of sexual assaults are reported, and even of those that are reported, a lot don't get to court, and even once in court, the % of convictions is quite low? Its because it is a difficult crime to prove unless there is violence involved. It comes down to he said/she said.

It is offensive to suggest that if people had been charged with rape it would all be forgotten about now. You don't know how a victim of such a crime will react (nor do I by the way), but (a) all reports I've read/seen/heard suggest its very traumatic for victims (b) reaction to being a victim is a personal thing - there is no prescribed right or wrong way to react.

Its the usual thing of ruining a person reputation on getting a cash bonus.
As above, who's paying?

Especially bragging about it at work, and 7yrs later, how more obvious do you want it to stand out that its a story all for a paycheck
Ah, I love how the original complainant's story has perceived zero credibility but her workmate has instant 100% credibility.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You are an absolute f**kwit knuckle dragger who seriously needs a reality check. You are far from a man my friend and no sane women would put up with your tripe.
You don't know jack shyte about me you big mouth trollop, so stop pretending.
There is more than enough evidence out there that supports my claims that nearly all these women involved in these scandals are low life pieces of shyte. They are all after the fame, money, notoriety or for gaining exposure to further their own self interests. But really, who gives a toss about them.
Women are irrelevant in the game of rugby league. it is a mans game played by men. Unfortunately that has gotten lost in the last 20 years due to incorrect analysis of focus group research.
Women dont take children to games en-masse like men do. They are mostly tag alongs. They dont make the decisions on what sport their kids play. The kids make that decision, today moreso thatn ever because they are all spoilt little f*ckers & get what they want.
If the NRL was not scared about female backlash, this johns case would have been dead 4 days ago because we couldn't give a sh*t about what happens that is not illegal.
its time to rescue rugby league from teh Rule changes brought about to appease women. Its time to rescue rugby league from the controversy brought on from scandles involving drunken, scheming whores targetting hi profile, rich young sportsmen with limited worldy experience or education.
Take the ryugby league focus off women. They are irrelevant.

And maybe if more footy players threw their wives and girlfriends onto the kitchen bench more often they wouldn't be tempted into this group sex....Just a thought

But then they wouldn't get to be able to compare each other's dicks, high five each other and clap and cheer each other on.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ah, I love how the original complainant's story has perceived zero credibility but her workmate has instant 100% credibility.

Ahh I just love how in your moral crusade you ignore the fact now close to 100 independent witnesses & people have matched timelines & evidence to a tee.
With more to come. AT which point do you god bothering moral crusaders give & say "oh f**k it, she was jsut a raging whore who couldnt get enough cox"

Noa

First Grade
You have three daughters hey, so Im guessing you either brought them or youbent someone elses daughter over a few times and gave her the old heave-ho.

Sorry for being crude but I hate that "think of your daughters" argument. Am I suppose to think of my father-in-law and if he would approve when I throw Mrs Noa on the kitchen bench and gives it to her good and say all sorts of disgusting things to her.

No actually I “bent” someone’s son and gave him the old heave ho; the difference being it was in the privacy of my home or hotel or wherever and there was just the two of us involved.

I applaud you throwing Mrs Noa over the kitchen bench giving it to her good. Lucky Mrs Noa. Sounds like you have a very exciting marriage (I am presuming you are married as you said Mrs Noa). And the last person I would want you to think of would be her father.

But when you have a bunch of junior female Noa’s running around and they become teenagers you would hope that the guys they date will treat them with dignity and respect, nothing more than what is expected of all of us.

Maybe if more of these players thought of the “think of your daughters” argument this mentality wouldn't exist. And maybe if more footy players threw their wives and girlfriends onto the kitchen bench more often they wouldn't be tempted into this group sex....Just a thought

Of cause I wouldnt, but I think he daughter argument is so specious and something shock-jokes come up with to fire up their dim-witted audience.

I think the phrase think of your wife, girlfriend or partner has a lot more cache. If your single carry on, no-one else business.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
This is without a doubt the worst media witch hunt i've ever seen. Disgusting reporting all round, moral standards being set by the media, a mans career and probably life ruined, its got it all. Today a friend of the girl involved said she used to brag about it. Wouldn't surprise me at all. This is exactly why I don't buy the paper any more. f**king media scum.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
There is more than enough evidence out there that supports my claims that nearly all these women involved in these scandals are low life pieces of shyte. They are all after the fame, money, notoriety or for gaining exposure to further their own self interests. But really, who gives a toss about them.
Women are irrelevant in the game of rugby league. it is a mans game played by men. Unfortunately that has gotten lost in the last 20 years due to incorrect analysis of focus group research.
Women dont take children to games en-masse like men do. They are mostly tag alongs. They dont make the decisions on what sport their kids play. The kids make that decision, today moreso thatn ever because they are all spoilt little f*ckers & get what they want.
If the NRL was not scared about female backlash, this johns case would have been dead 4 days ago because we couldn't give a sh*t about what happens that is not illegal.
its time to rescue rugby league from teh Rule changes brought about to appease women. Its time to rescue rugby league from the controversy brought on from scandles involving drunken, scheming whores targetting hi profile, rich young sportsmen with limited worldy experience or education.
Like or not Mr Man, women make up a large part of society so deal with it.
Are you sure your not the head of the He-man women haters club?

Look IMO Matty Johns has been unfairly made the scapegoat and should not have to bare the brunt of this all on his own, nobody but the people who were in that room knows what happened so for you to call this women a gold digger? ( hello 4corners is an ABC show they do not pay people for interviews, so where exactly is she getting this money from? ) is ridiculous, your women hating views are disgusting and your mental state is questionable.

pk76

Juniors
Not really, polls and talkback show there are plenty of people who still find her story credible.
but of course, talkback shows are the gold standard in accurate, rational, and balanced analysis....

:roll:

Dave The Maori

Juniors
you really are a fuc*wit bastard .

Noa

First Grade

So ?? cant you work it out.

What MAUN says is rubbish.

People who sided with "claire" are still doing so and people who sided with ''Matt" are still doing so. The co-workers story has had minimal impact.

Meth

Staff member
So ?? cant you work it out.

What MAUN says is rubbish.

People who sided with "claire" are still doing so and people who sided with ''Matt" are still doing so. The co-workers story has had minimal impact.

It had a fairly significant impact on me- calls 'claire's' credibility further into question- it has been heavily referenced.

Polls and talkback opinion don't necessarily equate to truth either way; the point MAUN makes is valid- though I would say that ''claire's'' workmate has less to gain from the saga

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Like or not Mr Man, women make up a large part of society so deal with it.

Wow, lots of nice pretty fonts & colours in your txt. Thats wonderful.
AS for women making up a large part of socitety, f**king WOW!!! WOWWWW!! Well done on that watershed though einstein.

Are you sure your not the head of the He-man women haters club?
Very sure. Thanks for asking. I have an adequate relationship with the women & men I choose to.

Look IMO Matty Johns has been unfairly
I disagree. In the current hysterical environment that is female appeasement driven, I think he has been treated very fairly by all of his commercial interests.

made the scapegoat and should not have to bare the brunt of this all on his own,
He isn't a scape goat. He is a victim of poor marketing research & analysis done by the NRL over the last 20 years that has now shaped our current games rules & standards as priority number 1 to appease & placate women.
nobody but the people who were in that room knows what happened so for you to call this women a gold digger?
No, I call her a lying scheming nymphomaniac whore. My claim is supported by close to 100 witnesses who have made statements that corroborate completely. If 1 statement differed in timeline or any minor thing, charges would have been laid.
( hello 4corners is an ABC show they do not pay people for interviews, so where exactly is she getting this money from? )
well right now this little gold digging kunnt would be fielding offers left & right & centre for her complete story. & who do you reckon wil pay the most? Thats right, f**king womens magazines!!! IA sk you this you naive twat, how long before Clare bear gets herself a manager, now that she will need to negotiate the deal with the magazine? or , does she already have 1?
is ridiculous, your women hating views are disgusting and your mental state is questionable.
you know nothing about me or my mental state or my forum persona & theatre, so stop pretending you do you smarmy little gen Y twat.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://livenews.com.au/feature/woma...ty-for-matthew-johns-scandal/2009/5/15/206607
Woman must take responsibility for Matthew Johns 'scandal'

LiveNews | Alan Jones

What about women's disrespect for themselves, chasing unknown men simply because they like the look of their flesh?

Alan Jones

Let me say at the outset, I barely know Matthew Johns. I suppose I've spoken to him in passing twice.

One or two things seem to be missing in this so-called Matthew Johns affair.

In the first instance, Matthew Johns, nor anybody, is answerable to the ABC or Tracey Grimshaw, no matter how much both those parties might think they have an overwhelming responsibility to secure what they think is the truth.

There is a problem here. It's not new. And it's not the problem now pursued by what many might call the feminazis.

There has in sport, not just in Rugby League, been a long term culture that if you have a game or more so a win, you can fill yourself up with grog and then prowl the town, sniffing the streets like some stray dog. But I haven't heard one comment made about the responsibility of this 19-year-old girl.

If Matthew Johns is a so-called role model, every teenager is a role model for his or her friends.

What we know to date is that there are clearly girls who pursue Rugby League players and boast about it. Boast about how many they've slept with and how many they've procured for their friends.

Matthew Johns has made it quite clear that the girl in question was a "willing participant" to everything that occurred.

Yet now we're talking about male disrespect for women.

What about women's disrespect for themselves, chasing unknown men simply because they like the look of their flesh?

Matthew Johns said, "At no point did she object to what was going on".

He also said, "I did not commit an act of abuse to that woman".

He also said that she asked for others with whom she could have sex.

And when one person accepted the invitation she reportedly described him as "No, you're too ugly, I want you ...", pointing again at Matthew Johns who apparently left the room.

So now we have a woman who pursued the man in question, Matthew Johns, embraced and encouraged the behaviour, in Matthew Johns' words, a willing participant, now years on saying she's been humiliated and degraded and wants to kill him.

That which she sought out and embraced, she now seeks to disown. The man whom she sought out seven years ago, she now purportedly wants to kill.

Seven years ago she got the man she wanted.

Indeed, last night on television a former workmate said, and I quote, "She was absolutely excited about the fact. She was bragging about it to the staff and quite willing, openly saying how she had sex with several players... we were quite disgusted about it but there was no trauma whatsoever."

The colleague said, "I'm disgusted that a woman can all of a sudden change her story from having a great time to then turning it into a terrible crime".

Matthew Johns has certainly been foolish, but that isn't a crime.

He was unfaithful to his wife, but that's a matter between Matthew Johns and his wife. And if women are going to seek respect from men, they must first have respect for themselves.

But now the mob mentality is prevailing.

Sponsors are saying that there's something wrong with Rugby League as a product.

Then there's this notion that because the media says so, others in that room must be named.

Seven years on, when it's clear from the New Zealand police investigation no crime has been committed. And it's also clear that the woman in question was inviting not one but several people to have sex with her, and boasting about it.

The workmate said on television last night, "She was bragging about it to the staff and quite willing, openly saying how she had sex with several players".

Now there are many people who call themselves ordinary people who would find this notion of group sex, group anything, group violence, repugnant.

But the reality is from the internet down, these things go on.

Having sex with a woman against her will or taking advantage of her weakness or her state of mind at the time, that is, she might be drunk or something such, that is a crime.

It's clear to the New Zealand police that none of this happened, unless of course having sex is a crime.

But because some people have a view that Matthew Johns must answer to an ABC programme and must reveal all to Tracey Grimshaw to the point of public humiliation, unless we believe that then it seems that this has got completely off the rails.

As the colleague said last night, that a woman can all of a sudden change her story from having a great time to turning it into a terrible crime, the colleague found that disgusting.

So, I would have thought, do most fair-minded people.

This woman went of her own volition to the hotel. She could have left at any time. She could have shown some respect for herself by not inviting these people to have sex with her.

But if every extramarital affair is to be dealt with in this way, then there'll be people running for cover from here to the end of the world including, I suspect, some people writing about this very incident.

It seems trite to say there are no winners here.

But the ruthless pursuit of Matthew Johns, independently of the facts, seems to stand fair-mindedness on its head.

The ruthless pursuit of Matthew Johns and the blind failure to even analyse the girl's behaviour seems to suggest that part of the culture that needs changing is the culture of reporting on these matters.

If a girl such as this seeks respect from her peers and from others, she must begin by respecting herself.

The notion of girls chasing sports players for sex and boasting about it is part of the problem.

The other part is the inability of sports players to walk away from it.

The standards expected of sports people on the field must simply be replicated off the field.

It really is as simple as that.

But the culture of a fair go in Australia has been completely thrown overboard in relation to Matthew Johns.