What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Pigskin

Juniors
my post just got deleted here ... which is fine, but i don't understand why

they named 3 more on the news to go with Johns and Firman

please explain

Oink !

Pigskin

Juniors
fair enough ... 2 nuffies and Gallen named on Nein news

depending on the level of involvement of Gallen, this could sink the Sharks completely given their precarious finances

Oink !

Last edited:
LOL. Anyone heard the latest news (as per Channel 7 News)
The owner of the Hotel at the time said on the day of the group sex, 'Clare' came to work boasting she had sex with 2 high profile rugby union players in the toilets the night before.
Ahhh man this is falling apart for her.
Serves her right..

this is just bloody ridiculous.

how many people honestly are prepared to back this womans claims now?!

a mans career has been ended by a pack of lies , all becuase we live in a society that feels the need to tell other people how to live their lives.

El Diablo

Post Whore
fair enough ... 2 nuffies and Gallen named on Nein news

Oink !

Gallen has already spoken about it. 9 didn't reveal anything new about him

one of the others was allegedly the bloke she knocked back

the other denied having sex with her when he phoned in. it will appear online soon enough

God-King Dean

Immortal
Pissed me off the front page of the papaer today, calling those who haven't come forward cowards.

Biggest cowards in this are the moral crusaders & journalists.

Kiki

First Grade
*high five* You, me and Shorty, the three evil wenches of LU. :roll:
Meanwhile many other females on this board have become suddenly silent. Hrrmm. Disappointing.

FEMINAZI'S REJOICE! *pumps fist*

anyway back to the topic, I bet Johns will be back on channel 9 before the end of the season.

Pigskin

Juniors

the other denied having sex with her when he phoned in. it will appear online soon enough

well 90 page threads will do this kinda thing ... needs to be locked and started again or broken up or something

Oink !

Dave Q

Coach
Pissed me off the front page of the papaer today, calling those who haven't come forward cowards.

Biggest cowards in this are the moral crusaders & journalists.

When push comes to shove, only .000,0001% of the population are directly effected by what happened all those years ago in a foreign country.

But no, this silly little romp has to be put through the mincer and turned into a massive hate-fest by people with their fugged-up agendas and holier-than-thou attitudes.

And anyone who disagrees with this, is some sort of godless sexual pervert hell-bent on allowing footballs to screw their way through thousands of innocent women.

Its ugly, its contrived, its nonsense.

The more this drags on, the more I find myself supporting Matty.

Dave Q

Coach

CJG 182

Juniors
LOL. Anyone heard the latest news (as per Channel 7 News)
The owner of the Hotel at the time said on the day of the group sex, 'Clare' came to work boasting she had sex with 2 high profile rugby union players in the toilets the night before.
Ahhh man this is falling apart for her.
Serves her right..

And yet it's the men that need the educating.. not the girls with the groupy mentality.

Scorpio30

Bench
So Ive just seen the A-League advert for football superstar....Female fans. In bikinis. "Chasing" the football star. Pfft

Kiki

First Grade
hahhah i just saw that too. with I LOVE YOU painted on their bellies. arghhhh kill me

Twigg

Juniors
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/814215/woman-in-nrl-scandal-was-decent-boss

Woman in NRL scandal was 'decent': boss

12:34 AEST Fri May 15 2009

The woman at the centre of a group sex scandal involving Cronulla Sharks rugby league players was a "decent, stable type with her head screwed on", her former boss says.

Keith Burgess, the woman's manager at the Racecourse Hotel in Christchurch, where the incident occurred, said he had sympathy for the woman but also for the sportsmen involved.

"It's all a big bloody mess, if you ask me," Burgess said of fresh revelations that media personality Matthew Johns was involved in the 2002 group sex incident while he was playing for Cronulla.

Several other unidentified players took part in the incident with a 19-year-old female employee of the hotel, who later complained to police.

However, a police investigation at the time found no wrongdoing and police have since said the case will not be reopened.

Mr Burgess said the woman, who had worked for him for some time, was a good, hardworking employee.

"I didn't know anything about her private life, but she's the last person you'd ever expect to be involved in this type of thing," he told AAP.

"She was a decent, stable type with her head screwed on."

But the manager said he also had sympathy for the players involved, especially Johns.

"These things are never straightforward," he said.

"I've got to say I also feel very sorry for Matthew Johns and the other boys, too.

"It must be one hell of a time for them."

Mr Burgess said the incident was a "nightmare that keeps repeating on me".

"We thought it had gone away finally, but it's back and to be honest I've had a bloody gutful of it all."

Interviewed by New Zealand's Sunday News in March 2002, Burgess said four wives and partners of the Sharks' touring party had phoned him to see if their men had been involved.

"They were obviously upset about the implications and wanted to know names and exactly what was supposed to have happened," he said at the time.

"But I couldn't help them at all because I don't know."

The other participants are under pressure to speak up after former federal sex discrimination commissioner Pru Goward labelled them cowards.
Earlier today Federal Sports Minister Kate Ellis described the group sex session as predatory, degrading and offensive.

"This is not respectful behaviour," Ms Ellis told Fairfax Radio Network, adding it was predatory behavior.

"When you have half a football team and a teenage girl, I think that's offensive and inappropriate for our sporting role models."

AILD

Bench

geez..the guy she knocked back musta been bad....she seems like a bag who would take on any guy(s)...

Surely

Post Whore
"This is not respectful behaviour," Ms Ellis told Fairfax Radio Network, adding it was predatory behavior.

News flash Ms Ellis, women chasing celebrities with the sole intention of sleeping with them is predatory.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/814419/more-sharks-players-named-in-scandal

More Sharks players named in scandal
19:30 AEST Fri May 15 2009
By ninemsn staff

More Sharks players present during a night of group sex seven years ago have been named as another claim about her involvement in multiple partner intercourse emerge.

Nine News named former Cronulla players Luke Branighan and Daniel Ninness as players who had some form of involvement with the woman, known only as Clare, at the Racecourse Hotel in Christchurch in 2002.

Branighan, who is now playing Super League in the UK, was allegedly in the room when Clare was having sex with former players Matthew Johns and Brett Firman.

When "Clare" gestured for another player to have sex with her after Johns and Firman, Branighan stepped forward.

The woman then reportedly knocked Branighan back and requested Johns to have sex with her again, to which Johns claimed he denied.

Nine News also revealed that former Sharks prop Daniel Ninness was in attendance on the night, but he has denied he participated in the group sex.

"I was present towards the end of the evening," Ninness said in a statement.

"I did not see any of the events said to have occurred and did not participate.”

Ninness confirmed he went back to the woman's home after she invited him to do so but did not have sex with her.

Meanwhile another claim about the past of the woman at the centre of the scandal have been reported.

Seven News reports "Clare" once had sex with two rugby union players in a nightclub toilet.

It's the latest in a series of sordid claims related to the woman.

Tania Boyd worked with the then-19-year-old at the Racecourse Hotel in Christchurch and told Nine News she did not appear at all distressed after the incident.(Read more: Sex scandal woman "bragged about it")

"She was absolutely excited about the fact: she was bragging about it to the staff and quite willing, openly saying how she had sex with several players," Ms Boyd said.

"We were quite disgusted about it ... there was no trauma whatsoever."

The boss of both women at the time says "Clare" was a "decent, stable type with her head screwed on.

Keith Burgess, the woman's manager at the Racecourse Hotel in Christchurch, where the incident occurred, said he had sympathy for the woman but also for the sportsmen involved.(Read more: Woman in NRL scandal was "decent")

"It's all a big bloody mess, if you ask me," Burgess said.

Latest posts