What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge

Blair

Coach
Stunning news. He was going to run close for our player of the season.

Was he royally pissed-off because others weren't putting in?

Stunning news. He was going to run close for our player of the season.

Was he royally pissed-off because others weren't putting in?
Probably blew up at the players at training or at a game for not putting in.
That's not our culture, so management released him!
Does he have another club for the rest of the year?

Matua

Bench
Lodge must've wanted to go because I know the Warriors aren't that dumb enough to let him go.

Disappointing news.
I think it's great news, the Warriors should never have contracted him in the first place and it's unsurprising he goes and ditches the club rather than move to NZ. I'm sure the Warriors wont learn from this and will replace him with another dropkick though.

jaseg

Juniors

Wonderful... a replacement so handy he couldn't even get an NRL deal this year - has been playing Qcup with the Dolphins. At least he's familiar with some of our players I guess?

I just don't understand why the midseason release. He wouldn't be moving there anyway, we're still based in Redcliffe and just flying over for games this season, right? And it's not like we're going to use those minutes productively RE development..

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I think it's great news, the Warriors should never have contracted him in the first place and it's unsurprising he goes and ditches the club rather than move to NZ. I'm sure the Warriors wont learn from this and will replace him with another dropkick though.
Well, he played well for us but if hes not happy here, then all the best to him.

Meth

Staff member
I just don't understand why the midseason release.

Yeah that's the most puzzling thing. And it just seems so bizarre that you'd almost expect some hidden rationale. Yet to see it though.

If a players unhappy, you probably don't want to keep him in camp

Benek

Juniors
He’s been our best player for the past few weeks. Like him as a person or not, it’s a big loss if we’re not getting a replacement. Letting him go mid season is weird. He wouldn’t have been moving to NZ until next year anyway, so what’s his excuse for needing an immediate release?

Leber

Bench
Lol he’s a dick. If he’s off to the dolphins next year, he may aswell stay. Must be more to it.

And Lui is crap.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Turns out Lodge was named in the side then sent Brown a message saying that he wouldn’t be playing this week

shows the character of the bloke