What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
But that doesn't mean the owner gets involved. The coaching staff sorts that out, Dessie at Manly would have Lodgy in the naughty room pretty quick.
Well purportedly the incident with Robinson happened months ago anyway

JJ

Immortal
The more I think about Lodge’s statement the more I think it’s a carefully crafted piece of media bullshit probably written by his management. I’m more inclined to believe Robinson’s version which at least comes off somewhat unfiltered (and still makes them both look like dickheads)
Sure, but in what universe do the owner and CEO get in a position where that’s even possible?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I hate this shit. Lodge goes to the NRL CEO saying waah waah get me in, I want to play.

No, f**k you mate. You had a team to play for. You chose not to play for that side, and no one else can fit you in. Bugger off, go play NSW Cup, and come back next year. In fact, I'd love the NRL to send a message - you can't play for the rest of 2022, because you chose not only to leave that club, you did it without anywhere to go. So you shat on them for no reason, just because you had a sooky and decided you weren't man enough to go the rest of the season.

Blair

Coach
I hope Lodge's phone won't be 'running hot'.

But, you know what? The way of the world means it probably will be.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I hope Lodge's phone won't be 'running hot'.

But, you know what? The way of the world means it probably will be.
Yeah, we know it will be.

Yeah f**k him, absolute bottom feeder

“we will register him” “what happened in the past is in the past”

Todd Carney says hi, as does Israel Folau who didn’t commit any crimes, just recited his god bothering words
This is actually a really good point. Todd Carney pissed in his own mouth (OK, he had previous form) but Matt Lodge shat on a club and his team mates. Wouldn't it be nice if the NRL went hard on a guy who has now failed to complete four contracts with four different clubs? Say no, enough is enough - you won't be registered until 2023, and if you break another contract, you will be stood down from the NRL for a year. We value the fact that a contract is a contract.

And why couldn't they? The NRL won't miss Matt Lodge. f**k no. It doesn't need him. Use this f**kwit and his clear lack of respect for the game and clubs who invest millions of dollars in him, to send a message.

Tongue

Juniors
Lodge can find a club if he pays the money back.
Might be the smartest play yet from Warriors if Lodge is grounded on that basis.

Yeah, we know it will be.

This is actually a really good point. Todd Carney pissed in his own mouth (OK, he had previous form) but Matt Lodge shat on a club and his team mates. Wouldn't it be nice if the NRL went hard on a guy who has now failed to complete four contracts with four different clubs? Say no, enough is enough - you won't be registered until 2023, and if you break another contract, you will be stood down from the NRL for a year. We value the fact that a contract is a contract.

And why couldn't they? The NRL won't miss Matt Lodge. f**k no. It doesn't need him. Use this f**kwit and his clear lack of respect for the game and clubs who invest millions of dollars in him, to send a message.
Who does a contract protect now days?
Player not happy they start kicking stones, get dropped and tie up to much cap space so get ther wish normally to be realised.
Clubs are in a difficult spot.
Players agents are part of the problem.
Enjoyed Broncos recent stand against Haas.

JJ

Immortal
Who does a contract protect now days?
Player not happy they start kicking stones, get dropped and tie up to much cap space so get ther wish normally to be realised.
Clubs are in a difficult spot.
Players agents are part of the problem.
Enjoyed Broncos recent stand against Haas.
guess we'd need to see Lodge's contract - given that they paid him out, surely they either ensured he was not able to sign with someone else? or they're incredibly stupid?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The definition of irony, Matt lodge saying “Despite what some may think I have morals and values and I don’t get any joy whatsoever in making someone else’s life tough."

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
guess we'd need to see Lodge's contract - given that they paid him out, surely they either ensured he was not able to sign with someone else? or they're incredibly stupid?
Haha, cmon mate. I rate you as a very intelligent man and judge of our club. You know we didnt ensure shit.

The jumped up cockatoo of an owner got toey and all 'alpha' on us, fired Lodge, did nothing of the sort to stop him playing for someone else, and just wanted us all to know he runs 'Mark ball', he makes the rules and has oodles of Dad's money to pay them out if he wants rid of them.

That's how it happened. It was a deadshit, emotion-based decision that we got squat out of. Just makes us look like pushovers.

JJ

Immortal
Haha, cmon mate. I rate you as a very intelligent man and judge of our club. You know we didnt ensure shit.

The jumped up cockatoo of an owner got toey and all 'alpha' on us, fired Lodge, did nothing of the sort to stop him playing for someone else, and just wanted us all to know he runs 'Mark ball', he makes the rules and has oodles of Dad's money to pay them out if he wants rid of them.

That's how it happened. It was a deadshit, emotion-based decision that we got squat out of. Just makes us look like pushovers.
oh yeah, it was rhetorical... one day maybe some of the truth will come out

Latest posts