What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Adamson is back, and going to pollies world.........

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi said:
Optimistic is one thing, but making claims that a 5 game rookie is better than Davico is down right stupid. .

Whats stupid about it. Weyman is to frontrowers what Hunt is too fullbacks.
The Broncos dont have a mortgage on prodigous talents.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I said it, and i stand by it
Weymen will play for australia, its only a matter of time IMHO

Edwahu

Bench
Arent the Broncos potentially losing Tallis, Webb, Devere and Frawley and only replacing them with Hodges? They are big losses considering how inconsitently many of the rest of their squad has peformed.

greeneyed

First Grade
I said it would be silly to drop Monaghan from the Raiders NRL team when he signed for the Roosters. However, he has played like he is already on a board in summer at Bondi. He has performed woefully. He should be dropped if he doesn't perform this weekend.

greeneyed

First Grade
I also object to the title of this thread. Canberra is not "pollies world". The whole of Australia is as much "pollies world" as Canberra is... the people outside Canberra elect a zillion times more of them than the people of Canberra do.

Canberra is a great city full of normal people, and periodically a whole heap of YOUR politicians meet here.

Tuffnell

Juniors
I'm looking forward to everyone writing us off again (like 2003) :D :D :D

Bring it on you losers!!!!! :p :p :p

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Tuffnell

Juniors
Pigskin said:
ps .... if Joey re-injures himself, Newcastle can't make the 8 in '05 either

Look out...we've got a bloody genius on our hands here...

Climb back in your mudhole, Piggy Boy :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Kiwi said:
Raider_69 said:
Davico - Replaced by Weymen, if he stays healthy he is better than Davico and younger
Wiki - Cant replace him but adamson will do as good a job as any, no way you can replace him
Monaghan - Frawley, Howell, Ale and Bronx all well and truely make up for this loss

Drew isnt a loss we pretty much wanted him to go

Again i'll say you covering the loss of 3 big players for the club with rookies and pensioners.

How can you say a rookie like Weymen is a better player than Davico? What has he proven in such a short amount of time? Luke Davico a 174 game veteran for the Raiders who has done the job for the Raiders damn near every game he plays is easily replaced by Weyman who has played 1 game this year and 5 in his career? You have to be kidding right?

Wiki totally craps on Adamson.

As for Monaghan's replacements, the only guy they have to replace him that is tested is Frawley, and he is only just starting to come good.

It'd be like me saying Webcke, Tallis, and Tate are leaving oh well no worries, Learoyd is better than Webcke, well get David Furner back to replace Tallis and sign a few rookie backs to cover our best centre so no great losses.

I have to agree with you. It'd be tantamount to the Warriors saying lets release Ali Lauitiiti and replace him with Monty Betham - oh wait, that nightmare was a reality.

I think Craig Frawley though is a terrific buy, I'm not sure how Adamson and Smith are going to cope back in the NRL after being in the Super League. Its very apparent Tony Martin hasn't adapted to life quite as per our expectations at the Warriors. It certainly takes time. I also think Weyman is a class young player, but I believe that with a few of our kids and a lot of kids elsewhere, the problem is less than 10% really crack it in the first year, it all takes time. 2-3 seasons they will get over these losses.

hrundi99

First Grade
I predict that we will finish about the same place next year as we do this year, but we will give the finals a shake.

Pigskin

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Yeh Canberra has been absolutely hammered in the off-season department, but as the Raider fans keep warning you guys - we have some of the best young fella's coming through and these signings will just be fringe players.

Ask any Raiders fan and they would 100% prefer to have Wiki, Davico and Mona's next year if it meant we didnt sign anyone new, but thats the way things go - especially when the Roosters are in the competition.

but you Raiders fans think Phil Graham is good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oink !

thickos

First Grade
Pigskin said:
Paullyboy said:
Yeh Canberra has been absolutely hammered in the off-season department, but as the Raider fans keep warning you guys - we have some of the best young fella's coming through and these signings will just be fringe players.

Ask any Raiders fan and they would 100% prefer to have Wiki, Davico and Mona's next year if it meant we didnt sign anyone new, but thats the way things go - especially when the Roosters are in the competition.

Oink !

Your coach did too last season when Phil was off contract! :lol:

Oink! :roll:

Fibroman

First Grade
The Mighty Panther said:
Just heard on 2ue that former Panther Matt Adamson is back and has signed for 1 year with the Raiders.

He was a great player whilst at Penrith and should fill the void that will be left by Davico & Wiki.

With Ross out for nine weeks, he would certainly have been welcomed back at Penrith.

Good luck next year Matty.

Adamson was a very popular player at Penrith, but left on bad terms as far as I am aware. I don't think he would have been welcomed back with open arms.

Raider Azz

Bench
Pigskin said:
Paullyboy said:

Oink !
5 tries in 5 games - one of them against your mob! And 2 intercepts against the Bulldogs would make anybody think that!

Oink ! :roll:

thickos said:
Your coach did too last season when Phil was off contract! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Suzie

Juniors
Big Mick said:
overrated, always has been always will be.

Just don't let him near your administration he is a sh*t stirrer and f***ed Penrith up.
Shouldn't be able to do too much damage in one year tho ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Edwahu said:
Arent the Broncos potentially losing Tallis, Webb, Devere and Frawley and only replacing them with Hodges? They are big losses considering how inconsitently many of the rest of their squad has peformed.

3rd and 2 points off the front runners is inconsistant? What does that make the Raiders?

Hodges will replace Devere, but has alot to prove and Devere will be a big loss, Webb has played 3 or 4 good games all year, Tallis will be a big loss, and Frawley is a Rookie who Stagg will replace.

Tallis ( if he goes ) and Devere will be the big losses.

Edwahu

Bench
They have gone well this season but I am talking about the guys who are going to have to be senior players like Carlaw, Meyers, Tates and whether they can consistantly peform from year to year. So far these guys have been up and down. We have exactly the same problem except we havent had as many superstars to carry us over the line when we dont perform.

Im sure the Broncos will replace those players internally and we will do the same but we have a golden crop of juniors who will only be 19 next year and they will need guys like Adamson around them when they come into grade.