What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Adamson is back, and going to pollies world.........

The raiders havent even had a press release confirming the signing, personally, I dont think he will sign, Id much prefer it to be Dave Furner, would provide more of a leadership quality than adamson

choc_soldier

Coach
fibro man said:
The Mighty Panther said:
Just heard on 2ue that former Panther Matt Adamson is back and has signed for 1 year with the Raiders.

He was a great player whilst at Penrith and should fill the void that will be left by Davico & Wiki.

With Ross out for nine weeks, he would certainly have been welcomed back at Penrith.

Good luck next year Matty.

Adamson was a very popular player at Penrith, but left on bad terms as far as I am aware. I don't think he would have been welcomed back with open arms.

Yeah, he left at the end of 2001, saying he had a better chance of winning a premiership in England than if he stayed at Penrith.

And also, I could be wrong, lead a push that ultimately led to Simmons' sacking.

Bullseye

Juniors
Adamson hasn't exactly set the world alight over here so I'm at a loss to know what an NRL team sees in him. Having said that Mark Carroll was awful over yet went back to Oz and played well.

As a Panthers fan...I hated his guts.

He left and he took his losing attitude with him.

We know what happened at Penrith when he left two. 8)

Kiwi

First Grade
Edwahu said:
They have gone well this season but I am talking about the guys who are going to have to be senior players like Carlaw, Meyers, Tates and whether they can consistantly peform from year to year. So far these guys have been up and down. We have exactly the same problem except we havent had as many superstars to carry us over the line when we dont perform.

Im sure the Broncos will replace those players internally and we will do the same but we have a golden crop of juniors who will only be 19 next year and they will need guys like Adamson around them when they come into grade.

How has Tate been up and down, the only thing that has effected him is injuries, so again how has this guy been in up and down form? And why leave out the likes of Webcke, Petero, Lockyer, Berrigan, Carroll as leaders? The Raiders will have less experience and "leaders" than what the Broncos will next year.

And please tell me why the Raiders young crop of juniors is so much better than the Broncos young guns? The names Hunt, Stagg, Ryan ect ring any bells?

Raider_69

Post Whore
as someone said in another thread Weymen is to props what Hunt is to fullbacks
add that to Graham, Ale, Carney, Jay, Zillerman, Campese, Rothery
you wont know some of these know but i assure you, it wont be long

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
And please tell me why the Raiders young crop of juniors is so much better than the Broncos young guns? The names Hunt, Stagg, Ryan ect ring any bells?

The names Weyman, Carney, Campese etc ring any bells? :D

Edwahu

Bench
When did I ever say our juniors were better? Im only pointing out that you may have alot of the same problems we do. When did I ever say we would finish ahead of you guys or that you had a worse side?

Kiwi

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:

The names Weyman, Carney, Campese etc ring any bells? :D

Weyman has been no better than Learoyd has been for us. Carney looks pretty good, and how much longer are we gonna hear about Campese? Is the guy gonna do anything or just remain promising?

Kiwi

First Grade
Im sure the Broncos will replace those players internally and we will do the same but we have a golden crop of juniors who will only be 19 next year and they will need guys like Adamson around them when they come into grade.

Here ya go Ed, this implies that the Raiders have better juniors. It's like me saying Raiders and Broncos are both inconsistant but we have injuries.

When did I ever say we would finish ahead of you guys or that you had a worse side?
And when did I say you had said it?

Kiwi

First Grade
Weymen is to props what Hunt is to fullbacks

What has Weyman done in his 5 games for the Raiders? Become one of the leading Props has he? Won games for the Raiders has he? No?

Weyman's impact as a prop in his 5 games doesn't even compare to Hunts first 5 games let along the 14 or so after that. And thats taking positions into account.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
nospam49 said:
hybrid_tiger said:
nospam49 said:
Adamson is ****.

I feel sorry for Raiders fans.

Well if your opinion is anything to go buy, he will turn out to be the best off-season purchase.

Havent you got a dirt hill to worship? :lol:

Havent you got anything else to do besides splurt sh1t about another teams home ground whilst ignoring facts? ;-)

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi said:

Here ya go Ed, this implies that the Raiders have better juniors. It's like me saying Raiders and Broncos are both inconsistant but we have injuries.

When did I ever say we would finish ahead of you guys or that you had a worse side?
And when did I say you had said it?

How does that imply we have better juniors? All it implies is that we have good juniors but are short on experience? I complement the Broncos juniors by saying you will replace the guys you are losing internally. I think you are reading too much into my comments.

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi said:

What has Weyman done in his 5 games for the Raiders? Become one of the leading Props has he? Won games for the Raiders has he? No?

Weyman's impact as a prop in his 5 games doesn't even compare to Hunts first 5 games let along the 14 or so after that. And thats taking positions into account.

He won the game for us on the weekend. He isnt going to be as flashy as Hunt because he is a prop but he is every bit as quality. He is a sure thing and people have known it about him for years. Your seriously underestimating him.

Kiwi

First Grade
Edwahu said:
Kiwi said:

He won the game for us on the weekend. He isnt going to be as flashy as Hunt because he is a prop but he is every bit as quality. He is a sure thing and people have known it about him for years. Your seriously underestimating him.

Actually no I don't underestimate him. I barely talk up Hunt and I'm a Broncos fan, yes I used him in this comparison, but thats because he is the best rookie this year.

If Weyman goes well this year, thats great good for him and good for the Raiders, but i'll reserve any judgement in terms of calling him a future rep ect till he has played more than 1 or 2 seasons, rather than after 5 or 6 games. How many players have you seen that end up as 1 year wonders? Just like with Hunt, i'll prefer to wait and see how he goes in his second and third year before I give the guy any serious wraps.

And before you say Weyman is too good for that, so was every other guy that ended up a one year wonder.

hrundi99

First Grade
The only thing I believe will stop him from being a future rep player is that he seems to be a little injury prone.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yep, if weymens wrist holds up he will be a rep star
simple IMO

And he definatly won last weeks game for us, without him were were gooooooone

Kiwi

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
The only thing I believe will stop him from being a future rep player is that he seems to be a little injury prone.

Have many times have we heard that right before second year syndrome kicks in? Like I said i wont be calling him a future rep star till he has done more than he has and has a few season under his belt and is still performing.