What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Adamson is back, and going to pollies world.........

thickos

First Grade
This is his second season. Fair dinkum, let it go Kiwi. He is a great young player and has the potential to be anything. Us Raiders fans are very hopeful he stays on the paddock, he will make a great partnership with O'Hara.

schnitzel

Juniors
There are players that hit the scene and doa couple of good things in a game and are rated and don't really go on with it. Weyman is not one of those players. He has been considered for years one of the best young forwards not playing NRL and in every one of the 5 top grade games he has played he has lived up to, if not exceeded expectations. He is one of those rare props that can shrug of 2 and 3 defenders and break the line as he showed last weekend and against the Warriors last season. If he stays fit he could be the next Webcke ;-)

Tidus_Raider

Bench
He one us a game in Wellington against the warriors. Busted the line an offloaded to Wiki. Turned out to be the maych winner in a very tight arm wrestle if i recall.

Edwahu

Bench
Kiwi has a point, after all Macca was the best rookie I have ever seen and he still hasnt really kicked on. I just cant see Weyman failing if he stays fit though.

azza

Juniors
Also let's not forget the Roosters tried to poach Weyman when he was still coming through the Raiders junior ranks by offering him a huge contract. Thankfully he stayed with the green.

Kiwi

First Grade
thickos said:
This is his second season. Fair dinkum, let it go Kiwi. He is a great young player and has the potential to be anything. Us Raiders fans are very hopeful he stays on the paddock, he will make a great partnership with O'Hara.

He played 4 or 5 games last year thickos this hardly counts as his second season.

Kiwi

First Grade
I really hope for the Raiders Weyman does kick on and become great for the club, but he has alot to do before he becomes the next Davico let alone the next Webcke or Wiki.

Kiwi said:
What has Weyman done in his 5 games for the Raiders? Become one of the leading Props has he? Won games for the Raiders has he? No?

It's times like this I remember a very good quote:

"Don't argue with idiots. They will lower you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Weyman was on the field for 26 minutes last weekend. 10 hitups, 138 metres gained. We Raiders fans have every right to be excited by his potential. He brought us back into the game against the Worriers last weekend, and will do it again many times in the future.

Kiwi

First Grade
Schif_Happens said:
Kiwi said:
What has Weyman done in his 5 games for the Raiders? Become one of the leading Props has he? Won games for the Raiders has he? No?

It's times like this I remember a very good quote:

"Don't argue with idiots. They will lower you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Weyman was on the field for 26 minutes last weekend. 10 hitups, 138 metres gained. We Raiders fans have every right to be excited by his potential. He brought us back into the game against the Worriers last weekend, and will do it again many times in the future.

I guess I better not argue with you then.

It was already pointed out that he helped the Raiders win on the weekend and I did not argue the point or deny it, maybe you should read all the posts before jumping the gun.